Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Profitability and FE Pay

Company sends out email about how well they are doing and how profitable they have been over the past year.

Company is adding Gulfstreams to fleet to manage their "floating fleet" and provide global reach.

and then.....this pay chart comes out. While only one fleet and one seat, an increase of $3.00 in per diem and marginal pay increase is quite surprising from a company sooooo profitable and so on the rise. Perhaps they should invest in pilots who do the mission instead of painting pretty airplanes.

For those shopping around for jobs.....Rank FE a little lower on your Pro/Con list. Perhaps below TMC now....

Enjoy the show,

UTR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1153.jpg (5.2 KB, 618 views)
Old 12-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

I too heard from a little birdie there would be significant improvements with a major announcement by year’s end. Unfortunately it turned out to be false according to the grapevine. Still no dedicated sick days...who wants to use very limited vacation to make up for sick days? If one don’t have vacation pay that will just encourage pilots showing up for work sick because they can’t afford to call in and not get paid. Next still no improvements on go home day. Apparently many still getting home after 9pm consistently. Pilot qol involves more then pay is what the company still doesn’t understand. Like someone else mentioned in this thread long ago the company is still very sales oriented....gotta make an extra $100 on a wheels up trip etc... Finally any flight beginning or ending between 2200 to 0600 local is based on takeoff and landing times for bonus pay and still no improvement in that arena. First of all shouldn’t it be based on block out and in times or better yet duty on and off time? Secondly it’s sort of a rip off if you leave eastern time and land at 2130 central when it really should be 2230 eastern. So because of that discrepancy crews miss out bonus pay.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

There's a reason they call it "work".
Old 01-02-2020, 07:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
I too heard from a little birdie there would be significant improvements with a major announcement by year’s end. Unfortunately it turned out to be false according to the grapevine. Still no dedicated sick days...who wants to use very limited vacation to make up for sick days? If one don’t have vacation pay that will just encourage pilots showing up for work sick because they can’t afford to call in and not get paid. Next still no improvements on go home day. Apparently many still getting home after 9pm consistently. Pilot qol involves more then pay is what the company still doesn’t understand. Like someone else mentioned in this thread long ago the company is still very sales oriented....gotta make an extra $100 on a wheels up trip etc... Finally any flight beginning or ending between 2200 to 0600 local is based on takeoff and landing times for bonus pay and still no improvement in that arena. First of all shouldn’t it be based on block out and in times or better yet duty on and off time? Secondly it’s sort of a rip off if you leave eastern time and land at 2130 central when it really should be 2230 eastern. So because of that discrepancy crews miss out bonus pay.
Every regional is hiring - including some into direct-hire Captain positions if you have the hours.....
Old 01-08-2020, 05:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: Retired 747 Ca
Default For Anphibian

Hi,
Tried to PM you but msg box was greyed out.
Have a question if you could PM me.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Tom
I sent you a PM
Old 01-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

PM’d you with my contact info. Looking forward to answering any questions you have about flyExclusive.

Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-08-2020, 03:58 PM
Line Holder

Default Just Say No!

I would just say No to this company. Especially with the latest payscales.

If you want to stay in the 135/Fractional world, then there are many other places to consider, however you would also best be served by looking at ANY Regional. Your pay over the long term will be much higher within a year or two.

FE will promise a quick upgrade but your level of work and a$$pain will increase exponentially with that upgrade. I am not talking about the typical loading of luggage or Pax issues, I am more referring to the company issues that will clog down your off time (while you are supposed to be in rest) with menial tasks such as doing your own flight plans only to have them change over and over (as is typical in the 135 world).

FE makes the pilots/PIC do all of the behind the scene work which makes this company so unappealing especially with the tiny payraise.

My concern also is now they are branching into larger class aircraft and will have 2 soon. A company with a few of one type and a few of another doesn't seem to have the ability to SUSTAIN that growth in a logical manor.

"A jack of all trades but a master of none...."

Don't say I didn't tell you so......

UTR
Old 01-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Dude, filing a FltPlan thru dot com is not rocket science. I use to remember arguing with my dispatcher about legal alternates and re-route as well as needing more fuel. UTR, it’s called work.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:31 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Three Green View Post
Dude, filing a FltPlan thru dot com is not rocket science. I use to remember arguing with my dispatcher about legal alternates and re-route as well as needing more fuel. UTR, it’s called work.
Then best of luck to you........