FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
Still no answers to:

Is there a ASAP program?

Does the company have a Part 145 repair certificate?
Last I heard there was NO ASAP program, just some guys that sit around the office talking about how things should be.

Unaware of their repair certificate, but 9 times out of 10 you will just be broke until a local shop can look at the jet or you airline out or their roving mechanic in Florida stops by to "fix it".

8/6 or 15/13......well yeah that is true but dont forget about how you will typically fly a FULL duty day on day 8 and then they will worry about getting you home. If that is after 9pm you get a little gravy (it used to be $50) and then after midnight you get a little more (maybe another $50, but I can't remember). This company has ZERO incentive to get you home on time. Don't count on it or expect it.

Don't forget, they don't have actual dispatchers. So on top of your 4-5 legs per day, you will do all of the planning yourself even when it constantly changes, you will do your own ORM and FRATS. Dont worry, if the ORM or FRAT is too high, the company will just mitigate it down so you are now "legal" to fly. Also, expect (and I caught them doing this) that they will call the FBO asking if you are there. When they get busted, and you ask the clerk to speak with them on the phone, they will hang up. True Story. You will book your own hotels (even if that means going into Denver at night, it's sold out but the signature is able to score you a La Quinta MOTEL......yeah that just happened a few weeks ago).

When you upgrade, there is a little unspoke about spreadsheet that tracks your effective legs, gallons burned and your fuel burn score/percentages. You will see yourself bubble up and down and how you rate with all of the other captains. Remember, this is NOT a union shop and promotion (and I can only assume based on this tracker that the good trips are assigned by it) is based on how you do for the company. When you enter ops, the screens on the far wall show SALES...not jets and their status, but sales in dollar amount per each salesman.

Read their facebook page and you can see their focus.

I agree with the above post, if you are going to work at a "Catfish Airlines", then apply to many. See what is out there. Don't settle....Even if you don't want 121 and want to stay 135, shop around.

On the flip side, pay is always on time, HOWEVER, they WILL nickel and dime you as much as they can. You can not make a decision to (for example) go to subway and split an $8.00 sandwich with your crew partner over begging for a crew meal and the company spending $70.00 on it from Jason's Deli. In this case, yeah, they really denied my reimbursement for the Subway. My point is that it's the little Sh!t that will **** you off at FE......

Good luck

Next subject will be FE crews not retracting their flaps when taxiing into the ramp. The company WOM is to take the flaps from landing to takeoff and shutdown with them hanging. I guess that reduces on more switch actuation. Well, ask yourself.....do I really want to fly, trust and stake my life and license on a company that is worried about "one more flap actuation"..........
Old 08-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Obsess much, UTR?

ob·sess
/əbˈses/
verb
verb: obsess; 3rd person present: obsesses; past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed; gerund or present participle: obsessing

To preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.

Hi UTR,

Your back! And congratulations on your 10th post on the APC Forum (All about us, of course)! While we should be flattered with your single-minded obsession with flyExclusive on this forum, it is a little weird and creepy that all your interest and attention is focused on us when you supposedly don't work here anymore and we are the only subject that you keep obsessively posting about... It reminds me of one of those thrillers about a breakup gone bad, but one person doesn't let go and they stalk and troll the other. Maybe if you had another hobby or showed more interests other than us on this forum, your posts would carry more weight. But when all your posts are negative about us, well, it kind of looks like that crazy EX thing...

From your posts, I can discern at least one thing about you... You are either:

A) A disgruntled current employee, with a grudge, who is harming your fellow crewmembers and yourself with your obsessive negative posting.. or..

B) A disgruntled former employee, with a grudge, who hasn't let go who is harming your former fellow crewmembers with your obsessive negative posting.

So which is it? I ask this because several posts of yours are disingenuous because you often refer to us as "they", or "their", but then you assert that you were traumatized by having to stay at a La Quinta recently... My Heavens, have you filed for FMLA from that stressful event?

Furthermore, in addition to your negativity, you are short on the facts in several areas. And when Amphibian, one of your "former" friends and coworkers tried to answer a fellow pilot's questions with basic facts, you belittled him, and the Company, line by line.. CLASSY!

So here are some examples of where you are spreading negative disinformation about flyExclusive:

8/6 or 15/13......well yeah that is true but dont forget about how you will typically fly a FULL duty day on day 8 and then they will worry about getting you home. If that is after 9pm you get a little gravy (it used to be $50) and then after midnight you get a little more (maybe another $50, but I can't remember). This company has ZERO incentive to get you home on time. Don't count on it or expect it. This is BS and you know it! Some rotations, I have started a day late and others, I have finished a day early.. You never know what a rotation will be like... So to declare that you will work your full day 8 nearly every time is a LIE. Sometimes? Sure, but living in a town that almost always isn't a non-stop, my average Day 8 get home is between 5 PM and 7 PM. Furthermore, how does working on Day 8 here differ from my buddies at XOJET and GAMA? Guess what, it doesn't. Nobody is forced to work an extra day; It's all volunteer. Have I ever gotten home at 3 AM because of WX in ORD, ATL, DFW, CLT, or because of a broken RJ? Sure, but I promise you that I wasn't traumatized. Oh, and really this is sort of by choice, because flyExclusive lets me commute from a place that our competitors will not and is not blessed with non-stops.

Don't forget, they don't have actual dispatchers. So on top of your 4-5 legs per day, you will do all of the planning yourself even when it constantly changes, you will do your own ORM and FRATS. Dont worry, if the ORM or FRAT is too high, the company will just mitigate it down so you are now "legal" to fly. Also, expect (and I caught them doing this) that they will call the FBO asking if you are there. When they get busted, and you ask the clerk to speak with them on the phone, they will hang up. True Story. You will book your own hotels (even if that means going into Denver at night, it's sold out but the signature is able to score you a La Quinta MOTEL......yeah that just happened a few weeks ago).Another LIE... We DO have several Licensed Dispatchers and are hiring more.. No the don't ACT as Dispatchers right now, more as Flight Followers, but whats the big deal? So you have to do your own FRATS, Flight Plans, and book your own hotels? God forbid!! I guess that makes this place a real dump, huh? You are again being totally disingenuous and borderline dishonest about the hotels.. You KNOW that during a rotation, we almost ALWAYS stay at a Hilton or Marriott property. I have the Elite status at both to prove it, but unfortunately don't have Elite Status at Holiday Inns or La Quinta.. Have I ever stayed at a Holiday Inn?: Sure, but I promise you that it wasn't the end of the world.. And La Quinta is Pet Friendly.. And booking our own hotels is Awesome! How about we take an informal vote on whether we want the Company to pick our hotels for us? Guess how that vote will go.. And 4-5 legs a day?!?! Yeah, Riiiight.

When you upgrade, there is a little unspoke about spreadsheet that tracks your effective legs, gallons burned and your fuel burn score/percentages. You will see yourself bubble up and down and how you rate with all of the other captains. Remember, this is NOT a union shop and promotion (and I can only assume based on this tracker that the good trips are assigned by it) is based on how you do for the company. When you enter ops, the screens on the far wall show SALES...not jets and their status, but sales in dollar amount per each salesman. EVERY company that I know of in 121 and many 135's, keep track of individual fuel burns because its GOOD BUSINESS. Then, they incentivize crews to fly more efficiently with bonuses like we and our competitors do. And please list the Pilot Unions representing our fellow pilots at the competing carriers of GAMA, XOJET, TMC, DPJ, etc... Crickets.. And when you enter Flight Control, SURE there are screens that show sales because we are in the business to make money. Guess what the Big screen shows? Aircraft status and position. Let me know if you'd like to stop by sometime and see for yourself.. Of course, you already know that I'm right.

On the flip side, pay is always on time, HOWEVER, they WILL nickel and dime you as much as they can. You can not make a decision to (for example) go to subway and split an $8.00 sandwich with your crew partner over begging for a crew meal and the company spending $70.00 on it from Jason's Deli. In this case, yeah, they really denied my reimbursement for the Subway. My point is that it's the little Sh!t that will **** you off at FE......The Company policy states that crew meals will be arranged by Flight Control, but if you get approval, they have let me go pick up a sandwich on my Company AMEX, and then I just noted it in Expensify. Guess what? It was approved... I can probably pull up the receipt somewhere. So if you had been smart about it, they probably would have approved $16 worth of Subway for you and your fellow pilot that you have been trashing for the last several months.

And finally.. Next subject will be FE crews not retracting their flaps when taxiing into the ramp. The company WOM is to take the flaps from landing to takeoff and shutdown with them hanging. I guess that reduces on more switch actuation. Well, ask yourself.....do I really want to fly, trust and stake my life and license on a company that is worried about "one more flap actuation".......... You gotta love this one, LOL! Guess what, UTR? Many companies, 91K, 121, and 135 have had SOP's like this, including that several that I have flown for. By retracting the flaps only to the Takeoff position on intermediate legs, you gain the benefit of reducing actuations of the flap system and also guarantee that you won't be performing a flaps up takeoff. Furthermore, Excels generally have had stab issues in the past and I know one of our senior Captains who has learned from the past and follows this practice religiously.. But, if anyone is afraid to "stake their lives" on the practice of leaving the flaps at Takeoff position on an intermediate leg, by all means, run away as fast as you can.. LOL! I think that is the most ridiculous thing that I think that you have ever written about this place.

UTR, I'm sorry if the little things (Shiznits) here have ****** you off, but I am happy that you found your Nirvana somewhere else. I hope that you get over us soon and move on. Best of luck from your former friends, pilots, and coworkers at flyExclusive that you have shown no regard for and have trashed endlessly. I have to ask...?? What have they ever done to you to deserve the BS that you are spreading about us? I'd really like to know.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 08-06-2019 at 10:04 PM. Reason: I just couldn't stand his disinformation, anymore, LOL!
Old 08-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Pretty sure just every Citation 500/550/560 operation (and maybe a few 525 ops because they used to fly the other Citations and did it that way) leaves flaps set for takeoff, at least away from base. It’s been that way for decades.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Lightbulb Thanks for that information..

Originally Posted by deadstick35 View Post
Pretty sure just every Citation 500/550/560 operation (and maybe a few 525 ops because they used to fly the other Citations and did it that way) leaves flaps set for takeoff, at least away from base. It’s been that way for decades.
No, according to UTR69, we are rouges and misfits here because we adhere to that technique, especially an the Excels.... And that pilots should run rather than “staking their lives, and License”, on a Company that leaves the flaps set for takeoff.

Thanks for your positive and factual input: It is refreshing around this here place.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
No, according to UTR69, we are rouges and misfits here because we adhere to that technique, especially an the Excels.... And that pilots should run rather than “staking their lives, and License”, on a Company that leaves the flaps set for takeoff.

Thanks for your positive and factual input: It is refreshing around this here place.
Thanks for the congrats on the 10th post......11th, no wait, 12th post coming up soon!

Old 08-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Talking No problem...

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
Thanks for the congrats on the 10th post......11th, no wait, 12th post coming up soon!

No Problem... We should be flattered that you have made us your hobby, or obsession.... And let us know how you like your new gig...

Seriously, though... Fly safe, live well, and enjoy wherever you landed after here.

Take care,

Your former flyExclusive pilot and fellow employee..
Old 08-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Although I wish day 8 was travel home only I know it will never happen here. How one gets home is based on what’s on the schedule for your tail number and the particular staff member in dispatch who is working your flight. There’s a few good ones and a few that could put in more effort. Example one day I caught a red eye on day 7/8 at 12 am and I was home at 10am day 8. I’ve been home as late as 1 am but I’m usually home between 2pm and 9 pm. My last rotation was supposed to get home at 10pm with a connection in ORD. No thank you. I emailed dispatch saying I found another way home cancel my ticket and I booked a non stop flight(was not outrageously priced either, almost the same) I got to sit in the airport a little longer then I would have my ORD flight but not having a connection is gold.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Although I wish day 8 was travel home only I know it will never happen here. How one gets home is based on what’s on the schedule for your tail number and the particular staff member in dispatch who is working your flight. There’s a few good ones and a few that could put in more effort. Example one day I caught a red eye on day 7/8 at 12 am and I was home at 10am day 8. I’ve been home as late as 1 am but I’m usually home between 2pm and 9 pm. My last rotation was supposed to get home at 10pm with a connection in ORD. No thank you. I emailed dispatch saying I found another way home cancel my ticket and I booked a non stop flight(was not outrageously priced either, almost the same). I got to sit in the airport longer then I would have with my ORD flight but not having a connection is gold especially when you make it home earlier then the original flight.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:32 AM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by deadstick35 View Post
Yeah there’s a more technical reason for it too....although I forgot
Old 08-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Yeah there’s a more technical reason for it too....although I forgot
I’m thinking they had a tendency to break. So a failure at the takeoff position would not be grounding. If the failed up, takeoff numbers could be funky depending on the airport and conditions.