Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019
Default Aircraft assignments for new hires

Is there any method to the madness of who gets assigned what airframe? I’m a current ATP 135 co-pilot who is PIC typed in the CE-500 series. If hypothetically hired, does these pretty much slam dunk that I’d go to an Encore given that I already have the type or?

Thanks for any insight!
Old 02-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

The long answer is.... yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by flyjbh View Post
The long answer is.... yes

thanks!

filler
Old 02-13-2021, 10:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation You can ALWAYS ask..

Originally Posted by Aubiator View Post
thanks!

filler
You can ALWAYS ask, and our DO is well known for taking that into consideration. The benefit of staying with your current type is that you will upgrade faster since you don’t have to build up your Argus Wyvern time, and you can start making more money more quickly.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Any update on hiring for classes this spring and summer? Is FE still adding new aircraft to certificate?
Old 03-27-2021, 06:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

Originally Posted by mtnskydive View Post
Any update on hiring for classes this spring and summer? Is FE still adding new aircraft to certificate?

Yes and yes, I’m sure FE will be hiring into the summer. If you have an app on file, keep checking in.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Just came off IOE this past week. My thoughts so far are that FE is a busy, expanding operation where things will inevitably be a bit in flux, but at the moment I have very few complaints.

Everyone from indoc through my IOE captains has been professional and responsive when needed. Equipment/mx has been super solid in my fleet during my two-week jaunt. Concerns were addressed when brought to the appropriate channels and a grounded AC leading to an airline to swap planes was handled really smoothly. Safe flying and a well-presented product for the passengers. As they continue to get AC into company standard colors/interiors, this is definitely going to be a competitive product.

As they are growing, tech stuff is definitely still kinda a work in progress. Paper logs and fuel receipts getting mailed in at the end of rotations, and needing to utilize like five apps to get a flight off the ground seems a bit inefficient, but there are tech changes in the works to simplify these processes.

They are going to company-booked hotels (pilots still keep points, and it's Marriott/Hilton w/ CA preference), which does seem to be ruffling some feathers. This is definitely not my favorite change, but it's a trial and may be short-lived--to me, it's not a game changer as it stands.

Uniforms are going to a tie and white shirt, with an optional blazer to probably come. Looks fine to me--means I can pull my Cut Aboves out of the box I tossed them into. I do hope they settle on this for a while.

Pay is good for the industry, but probably will be due for another round or so of moderate increases if they intend to retain and continue to recruit folks with the hiring pace at other companies picking up steadily.

As for the day-to-day we weren't dogged, but definitely busy. Plenty of time for some fun on the road in some cool places, and I think only two min rest days over the course of my 15 days out. Not sure if that's entirely standard, and I know different fleets experience different QOLs on the road, but FWIW.

Everyone that wanted the 8/6 in my indoc got it immediately for whatever that's worth.

Overall, I'm super happy to be here, and my outlook is positive. If pay continues to increase as it has been with the expansion and the company sees continued success, I could see this being a forever home. At the very least, it's a good place to be before going to NJ or similar.

I haven't been here long, but I'd highly recommend it based on the experience I have accrued here so far.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Just came off IOE this past week. My thoughts so far are that FE is a busy, expanding operation where things will inevitably be a bit in flux, but at the moment I have very few complaints.

Everyone from indoc through my IOE captains has been professional and responsive when needed. Equipment/mx has been super solid in my fleet during my two-week jaunt. Concerns were addressed when brought to the appropriate channels and a grounded AC leading to an airline to swap planes was handled really smoothly. Safe flying and a well-presented product for the passengers. As they continue to get AC into company standard colors/interiors, this is definitely going to be a competitive product.

As they are growing, tech stuff is definitely still kinda a work in progress. Paper logs and fuel receipts getting mailed in at the end of rotations, and needing to utilize like five apps to get a flight off the ground seems a bit inefficient, but there are tech changes in the works to simplify these processes.

They are going to company-booked hotels (pilots still keep points, and it's Marriott/Hilton w/ CA preference), which does seem to be ruffling some feathers. This is definitely not my favorite change, but it's a trial and may be short-lived--to me, it's not a game changer as it stands.

Uniforms are going to a tie and white shirt, with an optional blazer to probably come. Looks fine to me--means I can pull my Cut Aboves out of the box I tossed them into. I do hope they settle on this for a while.

Pay is good for the industry, but probably will be due for another round or so of moderate increases if they intend to retain and continue to recruit folks with the hiring pace at other companies picking up steadily.

As for the day-to-day we weren't dogged, but definitely busy. Plenty of time for some fun on the road in some cool places, and I think only two min rest days over the course of my 15 days out. Not sure if that's entirely standard, and I know different fleets experience different QOLs on the road, but FWIW.

Everyone that wanted the 8/6 in my indoc got it immediately for whatever that's worth.

Overall, I'm super happy to be here, and my outlook is positive. If pay continues to increase as it has been with the expansion and the company sees continued success, I could see this being a forever home. At the very least, it's a good place to be before going to NJ or similar.

I haven't been here long, but I'd highly recommend it based on the experience I have accrued here so far.
Aside from the hotels, how does the company take care of pilots on the road? Are they stingy about catering? Is credit card usage limited for food?
Are guys needing to get receipts on every rotation?
Old 05-11-2021, 03:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

We use issued company AMEX to pay for everything on the road, except food. We are funded $60/day per diem with payroll for food (which we never spend all of).

Dispatch sets up crew meals when schedule warrants, usually Panera, Jason's Deli, Jimmy Johns, etc and there is no offset on per diem for the crew meals.

Photos/scans of AMEX charge receipts are forwarded/uploaded to an app (Expensify), Admin support staff handle it from there.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
We use issued company AMEX to pay for everything on the road, except food. We are funded $60/day per diem with payroll for food (which we never spend all of).

Dispatch sets up crew meals when schedule warrants, usually Panera, Jason's Deli, Jimmy Johns, etc and there is no offset on per diem for the crew meals.

Photos/scans of AMEX charge receipts are forwarded/uploaded to an app (Expensify), Admin support staff handle it from there.
Thanks,
Offered a June start date and would really like the X. Mostly for the west coast flying and longer legs. I dont care either way but to have the transcon experience would be stellar.