Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 09-14-2020, 02:00 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default New Hire

Hello,

Anyone know when the next class will be? Charlottean taken away from NC to fly the blue skies but looking to make my way back. Have heard a lot of positive things about FlyExclusive and think I meet the requirements: 2250 Total Time, 1425 SIC turbine, 135 and 121 experience.

Know a current captain there who forwarded my resume and CV but waiting to hear. Any info or lead would be much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

Originally Posted by CaptMemo85 View Post
Hello,

Anyone know when the next class will be? Charlottean taken away from NC to fly the blue skies but looking to make my way back. Have heard a lot of positive things about FlyExclusive and think I meet the requirements: 2250 Total Time, 1425 SIC turbine, 135 and 121 experience.

Know a current captain there who forwarded my resume and CV but waiting to hear. Any info or lead would be much appreciated.
There is a new hire class that starts on 9/28 and then I have heard that there will be one in November. That will be it until after Christmas.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Anyone in the 9/28 class? PM me
Old 12-16-2020, 08:05 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019
Default Interview?

Hi, I've got an initial phone interview coming up soon. Can anyone give me a gouge of what the questions are like in the phone interview? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2020, 12:00 PM
Line Holder

Default Fog a Mirror?

Originally Posted by Dksstompin View Post
Hi, I've got an initial phone interview coming up soon. Can anyone give me a gouge of what the questions are like in the phone interview? Thanks!
1. They will ask you to go into your bathroom and stand in front of the mirror.
2. Lean forward until your nose nearly touches the mirror.
3. Exhale like you are trying to give someone COVID.

If fog appears, you are hired. If not, contact nearest TMC recruiter.

LOL, the questions, as I recall, were essentially a verification of your resume and the typical tell me about a time questions. They told me what aircraft I was qualified for and then I asked them questions. Two days after the phone call, I called them back to ask if they had feedback and they said, "oh yeah...um, you were hired". That is when you know what kind of operation you are dealing with.

Good luck, enjoy your time....get the type, build the time and move on up the ladder. Nice entry level job. Just watch the people you fly with. They will run the spectrum from great pilots to "how do you get out of bed each day".

Good luck. (oh and please tailor your uniform. Some of the FE pilots look like crap on the road. An iron is your friend.).
Old 12-18-2020, 04:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
1. They will ask you to go into your bathroom and stand in front of the mirror.
2. Lean forward until your nose nearly touches the mirror.
3. Exhale like you are trying to give someone COVID.

If fog appears, you are hired. If not, contact nearest TMC recruiter.

LOL, the questions, as I recall, were essentially a verification of your resume and the typical tell me about a time questions. They told me what aircraft I was qualified for and then I asked them questions. Two days after the phone call, I called them back to ask if they had feedback and they said, "oh yeah...um, you were hired". That is when you know what kind of operation you are dealing with.

Good luck, enjoy your time....get the type, build the time and move on up the ladder. Nice entry level job. Just watch the people you fly with. They will run the spectrum from great pilots to "how do you get out of bed each day".

Good luck. (oh and please tailor your uniform. Some of the FE pilots look like crap on the road. An iron is your friend.).
LOL! Welcome back, UTR!

Fortunately for you and I, it was definitely easier to get on here in the past than it is now, LOL.. Now, I'm not being all that and saying that "we have all these resumes, applications, and internal referrals", but we actually do and it's a stunning amount to the point that it is hard to keep track of. I help out with Recruiting and we do our best to view every resume and application despite the volume. It's also much tougher getting on at WUP Groups TMC now too. This is because we are one of the only operations that are currently hiring, along with our fellow Part 135 operators Mountain Aviation, the Wheels Up folks, etc.

Some of our recent hires are US Air Force Academy and US Naval Academy graduates, Military Pilots, furloughed or about to be furloughed pilots from AA, UAL, etc., including a former Air Force 2 pilot. Also, we also have tried to help as many furloughed Regional Pilots as we can. Unfortunately, we are only so big and can't help everybody, but we are definitely moving in the right direction, and have hired 55+ pilots since April, 140+ Employees and 13 more jets since January. I have always been thankful for my job here, but now I am especially thankful already being here considering the quality of our current candidates.

Now, getting hired here requires these steps..
1) Apply through our website (when the window is open), on www.climto350.com, or through internal recommends.
2) Answer the phone when one of our Pilot Recruiters calls to go over your resume to screen you.
3) Answer 23 simple questions about your career over the phone.
4) Send us a copy of your Pilot Certificates and 1st Class Medical.
5) We put all that together and pass that onto our Pilot Selection Board.
6) Our Pilot Selection Board, the DO, the CP, the ACP, and the VP of Flight Operations, go over your Candidate Package.
7) One or maybe all the above give you a call..
8) The DO makes the final call to offer you a class date.

We are currently hiring for an upcoming class of 12 - 18 for our January INDOC. Preference goes to Internal Referrals, Veterans, Pilots with types in our aircraft, NC Residents, pilots with 91K/135 Experience, furloughed pilots, etc. With 5 furloughs in my career, I absolutely know how it feels to be looking for a flying job during tough times and I will try my best to answer all the calls, texts, emails, and PM's we are getting now. It may take me a while, but I definitely try to get back to you.

While it is true that we don't administer the Hogan Test, put you in a rocking chair at your psych interview, ask you if you were a color/animal.. what color/animal would you be?, or tell me your 5 greatest strengths/weaknesses, we do try to make sure that you can get along with the crews and passengers: We already assume that you can fly an airplane. I say that our most important job is "Tool Prevention", LOL, and we try to bring on people that will be happy and convey that to our customers. It is basically a customer service job, that requires flexibility and flying.

So while we aren't United, AA, Fedex, or UPS when it comes to the screening process, it is definitely more in depth than UTR potrays.. Good luck out there.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Sorry, it wouldn't let me edit it..

Sorry for the re-post, but it wouldn't let me edit it. So here goes..:

LOL! Welcome back, UTR!

Actually, I think that was the nicest and most positive post that you have written about us, so I appreciate it. Fortunately for you and I, it was DEFINITELY easier to get on here in the past than it is now, LOL.. Now, I'm not being all that and saying that "we have all these resumes, applications, and internal referrals", but we actually do and it's a stunning amount to the point that it is hard to keep track of. I help out with Recruiting and we do our best to view every resume and application despite the volume. It's also much tougher getting on at WUP Group's TMC now, too. This is because we are one of the only operations that are currently hiring and growing, along with our fellow Part 135 operators Mountain Aviation, the Wheels Up folks, etc.

Some of our recent hires are US Air Force Academy and US Naval Academy graduates, Military Pilots, furloughed or about to be furloughed pilots from AA, UAL, etc., including a former Air Force 2 pilot. Another new employee, our COO, is a retired O-6 Wing Commander, and Harvard Graduate. So we've got some great folks and we are looking for more. Also, we also have tried to help as many furloughed Regional Pilots as we can. Unfortunately, we are only so big and can't help everybody, but we are definitely moving in the right direction, and have hired 55+ pilots since April, 140+ Employees and 13 more jets since January. I have always been thankful for my job here, but now I am especially thankful already being here considering the quality of our current candidates.

Now, getting hired here requires these steps..
1) Apply through our website (when the window is open), on www.climto350.com, or through internal recommends.
2) Answer the phone when one of our Pilot Recruiters calls to go over your resume to screen you.
3) Answer 23 simple questions about your career over the phone.
4) Send us a copy of your Pilot Certificates and 1st Class Medical.
5) We put all that together and pass that onto our Pilot Selection Board.
6) Our Pilot Selection Board, the DO, the CP, the ACP, and the VP of Flight Operations, go over your Candidate Package.
7) One or maybe all the above give you a call..
8) The DO makes the final call to offer you a class date.

We are currently hiring for an upcoming class of 12 - 18 for our January INDOC. Preference goes to Internal Referrals, Veterans, Pilots with types in our aircraft, NC Residents, pilots with 91K/135 Experience, furloughed pilots, etc. With 5 furloughs in my career, I absolutely know how it feels to be looking for a flying job during tough times and I will try my best to answer all the calls, texts, emails, and PM's we are getting now. It may take me a while, but I definitely try to get back to you.

While it is true that we don't administer the Hogan Test, put you in a rocking chair at your psych interview, ask you if you were a color/animal.. what color/animal would you be?, or tell me your 5 greatest strengths/weaknesses, we do try to make sure that you can get along with the crews and passengers: We already assume that you can fly an airplane. I say that our most important job is "Tool Prevention", LOL, and we try to bring on people that will be happy and convey that to our customers. It is basically a customer service job, that requires flexibility and flying.

So while we aren't United, AA, Fedex, or UPS when it comes to the screening process, it is definitely more in depth than UTR potrays.. Good luck out there.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

Apparently the big boys are required to call everyone back when they accept the new CARES funds. They may be a big outflow from the 135 outfits back to the majors as the furloughees get recalled.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
Apparently the big boys are required to call everyone back when they accept the new CARES funds. They may be a big outflow from the 135 outfits back to the majors as the furloughees get recalled.

As grandma says, it depends.... most of the airline folks working in 135 are on MOU’s with leave negotiated by their respective unions. That allows said pilots to stay out if they choose and return to the airline at the end of the negotiated leave. Big question is how many will stay on leave and how many see that six months from now they will get furloughed/awarded leave again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Sorry if already discussed, but are most new hires starting in the XL and Encore? What about into the Sovereign and X? What does the upgrade time look like these days with the expansion?