Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 08-16-2021, 04:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Generous home basing?

I’ve read on this forum about the home basing that FE offers and, to me, it’s a compelling reason to leave my regional for flyExclusive.

Would cities like Charleston WV, Casper or Cheyenne WY be acceptable cities? Has FE ever employed pilots that were flown out of airports with such low airline traffic volume, if not those airports specifically? Those are the real estate markets I’m looking to buy in.

regional airline captain with 3,500 total hours but only 255 hours PIC, if that matters at all.

Thanks and blue skies!
Old 08-16-2021, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation We already have a pilot who lives in CRW

Originally Posted by MedSledDriver View Post
I’ve read on this forum about the home basing that FE offers and, to me, it’s a compelling reason to leave my regional for flyExclusive.

Would cities like Charleston WV, Casper or Cheyenne WY be acceptable cities? Has FE ever employed pilots that were flown out of airports with such low airline traffic volume, if not those airports specifically? Those are the real estate markets I’m looking to buy in.

regional airline captain with 3,500 total hours but only 255 hours PIC, if that matters at all.

Thanks and blue skies!
Hey MedSled,

Here’s my advice..

If your ultimate goal is Part 121, I suggest staying 121 if the commute is not too painful. That’s not to say that you can’t take a break from 121 Regional flying, though.. and your QOL will definitely be better since there aren’t going to be any Regional bases in CRW or CYS. We already have a pilot who lives in CHS and I can’t imagine that CYS would be a problem either. We have another guy who commutes from Italy with his Alitalia benefits, and shows up to whatever airport in the USA that he can make it to, and then the Company gets him a ticket to where ever his airplane is.. So I think that you’d be easy compared to him.

I think that you would be fine in either location. We are still hiring for late September, October, and November INDOC’s of 10 pilots each. Reach out to me if you have any other questions..
Old 08-16-2021, 06:39 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey MedSled,

Here’s my advice..

If your ultimate goal is Part 121, I suggest staying 121 if the commute is not too painful. That’s not to say that you can’t take a break from 121 Regional flying, though.. and your QOL will definitely be better since there aren’t going to be any Regional bases in CRW or CYS. We already have a pilot who lives in CHS and I can’t imagine that CYS would be a problem either. We have another guy who commutes from Italy with his Alitalia benefits, and shows up to whatever airport in the USA that he can make it to, and then the Company gets him a ticket to where ever his airplane is.. So I think that you’d be easy compared to him.

I think that you would be fine in either location. We are still hiring for late September, October, and November INDOC’s of 10 pilots each. Reach out to me if you have any other questions..
There's a huge difference between CHS and Charleston, WV.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking LOL.. Good catch, Dera..

Originally Posted by dera View Post
There's a huge difference between CHS and Charleston, WV.
LOL! Good Catch, Dera!

We do have several pilots that live in CHS, BUT we also have one that lives in and commutes out of CRW is what I meant to say..
Old 09-10-2021, 03:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default 2022 Pilot Pay Scale

Base Salaries effective October 1, 2021:
-All Pilots current pay increased $4k for PICs/$3k for SICs.
-January 1, 2022 all pilots will receive pay escalations based on Date of Hire years of service.
-Enhanced 401K plan announcement in coming days.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FE 2022 PAY SCALE.pdf (139.8 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by Amphibian; 09-10-2021 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Addl' Info.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Regional FO here, mid 20's looking at either upgrading in the next 6 months, or making a career change to try corporate flying. I'm young enough that I could switch back to 121 if I really wanted to but corporate sounds like it has more perks. FO pay would be on par with captain pay at my regional. What is upgrade time like?
Old 09-28-2021, 09:40 AM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

I’d stay put if I were you.
Upgrade first and get some PIC time.
Then decide what you want to do.
I’d be very hesitant to switch 121 > 135 these days.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:53 AM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by Granadaman View Post
Regional FO here, mid 20's looking at either upgrading in the next 6 months, or making a career change to try corporate flying. I'm young enough that I could switch back to 121 if I really wanted to but corporate sounds like it has more perks. FO pay would be on par with captain pay at my regional. What is upgrade time like?
I would think a FO with a major would have more perks than a corporate. Getting CA with a 121 would get you there faster. Just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Any idea how long upgrade is at FlyExclusive?
Old 09-28-2021, 01:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Upgrades:

Exceptionally fast upgrades (6-18 Months). We need an Argus rated crew, so between 100 and 250 PIC in type is required for upgrade depending on the PIC time of the other crewmembers. Pilots are currently flying 40 or more hours a month.

**** If you are Typed and Current with the following qualifications the starting Base Salary is $85,000 and the expected Captain upgrade time is 90 days or less. ATP with PIC Type Rating in assigned aircraft, 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi.****

Fleet promotions to the larger jets are from within, i.e, an Encore or Excel PIC moves to the G-IV SP but retains previous fleet Capt pay until they upgrade.

Lastly: Starting October 1, 2021 the 15/13 schedule pays an additional $10,000 per year.

Originally Posted by Granadaman View Post
Any idea how long upgrade is at FlyExclusive?