Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 11-16-2021, 05:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Are there any changes to the training foot print? Also how are aim sessions looking time wise before the check ride?
Old 11-17-2021, 08:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by PreciousCargo View Post
Are there any changes to the training foot print? Also how are aim sessions looking time wise before the check ride?
You mean other than, "fog this mirror"..........nope, probably not much change....

Old 11-17-2021, 10:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool LOL, Speak for yourself UTR…

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
You mean other than, "fog this mirror"..........nope, probably not much change....

LOL UTR..

Just because you were able to get hired here by fogging a mirror supposedly, doesn’t mean that applies now.. Oh, and I am sure that our pilots here who are Annapolis grads, Air Force Academy grads, and former AA, SWA, UAL, DL, F9, Spirit, Pensacola, Cherry Point, Ft. Rucker, Columbus AFB, etc. pilots who work here deeply appreciate the respect that you continually show for your former fellow crew members.

We actually have a detailed screening process that I am a part of, and unfortunately, no we can’t and don’t hire everyone that wants to work here. Being one of the only aviation companies on this PLANET that actually grew and hired all employees (not just pilots) during the worst of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we had thousands of applications to sort through. We were able to help many, including friends on LOA’s from UAL and SWA during this time as well as a large group of XJT, TSA, Compass and other pilots out of work from COVID-19 or shutdowns; Most of these pilots who “fogged a mirror” are still here including esteemed veterans, ISR Pilots, and Legacy Retirees. Again, UTR, we really appreciate your continued respect and support. Don’t all you brother and sister pilots out there on APC wish that you had a UTR of your own to support his fellow crew members. LOL?

So, no, we don’t put you in a rocking chair, give you the Hogan Test, ask you your greatest strengths/weaknesses, if you were a color/animal, which one you would be HR type questions, etc., but we spend 3-4 hours per candidate with multiple Recruiter pilots, talking with them to get a feel of how well they would fit in and enjoy working here. We expect that you can fly an airplane, treat your passengers like family, treat your fellow crew members/CSR’s/Line Service Personnel/Front Desk Clerks/Gate Agents/Flight Attendants/Uber Drivers with kindness and respect. We also don’t diss our competitors when talking with a Candidate about us vs. NJA, Flex, XOJET/Vista, Wheels Up, JetLinx, etc. because we provide lift for all of them and they are our partners as well. And we always remind people that we are not the only ones hiring now and that they should consider part 121 or go for the best deal that they can. We are not used car salespeople and we don’t lie to our Candidates. I am also a Realtor, albeit a “bad” one because I ALWAYS ask my clients if they are absolutely sure that this is what they want to do before I let them sign the Offer to Purchase document. I am the same way with my Candidates because I have a conscience and they are going to be my “neighbors”. We also do on site interviews at RTAG, NBAA, etc, so you see that “fogging a mirror” won’t get you hired on here.

We on the Recruiting Team here consider our most sacred duty to be “Tool Prevention’, i.e., getting and keeping the good people, and keeping the ‘tools” out. We have been pretty successful with that endeavor as of late, but we are not perfect. Almost perfect though….

Finally, I would like to congratulate UTR on his 23 post on Airline Pilot Central Forums, yet another negative one about us nearly 3 years later..! UTR, while we should be flattered with your obsession with us, I just feel that your tireless obsession is not healthy for you and that you should try to move on. Maybe even try posting on another subject (God forbid!) or telling us about the Unicorn, rainbows, and sprinkles job that you have now that is soooooo much better than the one you had here (even though we are a completely different and better than the good one we were when you left). But with these many posts, even bad ones, years after you left…. Well, it shows that you still care. We are flattered.

I will leave my other fellow pilots here on APC Forums who are interested in working at this, or any other Company, with this post from the Senior moderator here regarding career advice on these Forums.. Listen to both sides and take it for what it is worth..

If you're considering using APC advice for career planning, take a look at the poster's previous post history... if they have some history and sound like a real, rational person who discusses a variety of topics then I'd weight their advice.

If they're a broken record, or have a very short, focused history, then beware.”

Last edited by B727DRVR; 11-17-2021 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2021, 11:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Lightbulb Hey Precious, I will PM you as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by PreciousCargo View Post
Hey Precious,

I’m a little tired after that last post, LOL, but will PM you as soon as I can. But pretty standard CBT, INDOC, and 2-3 weeks at CAE, FSI, etc..
Old 11-21-2021, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

I’m currently a FO at a 121 cargo feeder outfit looking at Flight Exclusive. Was curious if I could get a day by day of the duties required by the pilots, lifestyle, etc. Here we just typically show up preflight and wait to get loaded up by the rampers and off we go. Everything is well coordinated. One of the reasons I’m interested in FE is the 15/13 schedule. I’m planning to move to South America next year and it will be ideal for me.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up South America.. Cool!

Originally Posted by El Pilot View Post
I’m currently a FO at a 121 cargo feeder outfit looking at Flight Exclusive. Was curious if I could get a day by day of the duties required by the pilots, lifestyle, etc. Here we just typically show up preflight and wait to get loaded up by the rampers and off we go. Everything is well coordinated. One of the reasons I’m interested in FE is the 15/13 schedule. I’m planning to move to South America next year and it will be ideal for me.
Hey El Pilot,

As a former 121 freight dog myself, the "toughest" job that I had was to monitor the load when I was a Flight Engineer, LOL; I've often said that Part 121 Cargo was the easiest job that I ever had. As far as all the duties, etc., why don't you PM me and I can give you the skinny on 135, on demand, Fractional, etc. as I have done all of them. As far as commuting from SA, you would have to get yourself to the Lower 48 like one of our senior pilots who lives in Italy does. I think that we have a few pilots that live in Mexico and the Islands, as well. PM me when you are able.

Also, while we aren't the only Part 135 operator that offers the 15/13 schedule (some demand it as a job requirement), we offer the most liberal home basing policy in the Industry, with me living in NC and CA.. We'll chat soon. Take care
Old 11-22-2021, 11:57 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
LOL UTR..

Just because you were able to get hired here by fogging a mirror supposedly, doesn’t mean that applies now.. Oh, and I am sure that our pilots here who are Annapolis grads, Air Force Academy grads, and former AA, SWA, UAL, DL, F9, Spirit, Pensacola, Cherry Point, Ft. Rucker, Columbus AFB, etc. pilots who work here deeply appreciate the respect that you continually show for your former fellow crew members.

We actually have a detailed screening process that I am a part of, and unfortunately, no we can’t and don’t hire everyone that wants to work here. Being one of the only aviation companies on this PLANET that actually grew and hired all employees (not just pilots) during the worst of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we had thousands of applications to sort through. We were able to help many, including friends on LOA’s from UAL and SWA during this time as well as a large group of XJT, TSA, Compass and other pilots out of work from COVID-19 or shutdowns; Most of these pilots who “fogged a mirror” are still here including esteemed veterans, ISR Pilots, and Legacy Retirees. Again, UTR, we really appreciate your continued respect and support. Don’t all you brother and sister pilots out there on APC wish that you had a UTR of your own to support his fellow crew members. LOL?

So, no, we don’t put you in a rocking chair, give you the Hogan Test, ask you your greatest strengths/weaknesses, if you were a color/animal, which one you would be HR type questions, etc., but we spend 3-4 hours per candidate with multiple Recruiter pilots, talking with them to get a feel of how well they would fit in and enjoy working here. We expect that you can fly an airplane, treat your passengers like family, treat your fellow crew members/CSR’s/Line Service Personnel/Front Desk Clerks/Gate Agents/Flight Attendants/Uber Drivers with kindness and respect. We also don’t diss our competitors when talking with a Candidate about us vs. NJA, Flex, XOJET/Vista, Wheels Up, JetLinx, etc. because we provide lift for all of them and they are our partners as well. And we always remind people that we are not the only ones hiring now and that they should consider part 121 or go for the best deal that they can. We are not used car salespeople and we don’t lie to our Candidates. I am also a Realtor, albeit a “bad” one because I ALWAYS ask my clients if they are absolutely sure that this is what they want to do before I let them sign the Offer to Purchase document. I am the same way with my Candidates because I have a conscience and they are going to be my “neighbors”. We also do on site interviews at RTAG, NBAA, etc, so you see that “fogging a mirror” won’t get you hired on here.

We on the Recruiting Team here consider our most sacred duty to be “Tool Prevention’, i.e., getting and keeping the good people, and keeping the ‘tools” out. We have been pretty successful with that endeavor as of late, but we are not perfect. Almost perfect though….

Finally, I would like to congratulate UTR on his 23 post on Airline Pilot Central Forums, yet another negative one about us nearly 3 years later..! UTR, while we should be flattered with your obsession with us, I just feel that your tireless obsession is not healthy for you and that you should try to move on. Maybe even try posting on another subject (God forbid!) or telling us about the Unicorn, rainbows, and sprinkles job that you have now that is soooooo much better than the one you had here (even though we are a completely different and better than the good one we were when you left). But with these many posts, even bad ones, years after you left…. Well, it shows that you still care. We are flattered.

I will leave my other fellow pilots here on APC Forums who are interested in working at this, or any other Company, with this post from the Senior moderator here regarding career advice on these Forums.. Listen to both sides and take it for what it is worth..

If you're considering using APC advice for career planning, take a look at the poster's previous post history... if they have some history and sound like a real, rational person who discusses a variety of topics then I'd weight their advice.

If they're a broken record, or have a very short, focused history, then beware.”
Hey B727! I had my first phone interview with one of your female pilot recruiters. I was wondering if I could get a little more info on what to expect if I get to the next step after she sends my info to the higher ups. As far as what technical question stuff I should be prepared for.
Flyexclusive looks like a good company to work for. I'm looking for a part 135 I can move up the ranks in as I am in my 50s and not looking toward any airlines in the future.

I have 3200 hrs total flying time. Which is over 800 in the Cirrus SR20 and 22T which has given me some good glass time in the G1000. Other than that mostly just flight instructing hours as I am a single father and never was able to do a job that involved leaving home for days at a time.

Now that my kids are older thought I would see if I could get on with a 135 op. Any feedback would be much appreciated!!!
Old 11-26-2021, 08:59 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default ATP/CTP

Does FE pay for the ATP/CTP course?
Old 11-26-2021, 02:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Originally Posted by iflybygps View Post
Does FE pay for the ATP/CTP course?
The ATP/CTP and ATP Written complete are currently minimum requirements for applicants to be considered.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up Hey TopGun, PM me and we can talk.

Hey Top Gun,

PM me and we can talk…