Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 06:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by proudestmonkey View Post
hey all, i've an initial interview scheduled for tomorrow. due diligence has had me read every page on FE, review glassdoor, FB, company page, etc. i would be coming from the left seat of a regional 121, and have read on the company website that new hires into the cj3, encore, and xl airframes. while i am interested in leaving the 121 world, in favor of QOL (15/13, preferably), and FE seems a well-regarded operation, the coming to FE, to a much smaller airframe, and significant pay cut, is concerning. is what i'm reading accurate regarding the new hire airframe limitations?
That’s the way of the world. Every company with small, mid and large cabin airframes will move most people up as spots become available. If you’re typed and current on a large cabin airframe, “maybe” they will give you a direct entry slot. I had that happen recently.

But, most places will upgrade from within. Your experience is valued. Your type ratings mean nothing to the new company and your should always expect to be hired into the entry level position. Once you get on line, get to work proving your worth and you should be rewarded.
Old 06-22-2023, 06:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
It’s not really intuitive. You have to go to the “consent” header and search for FE’s airline code and grant them consent to access your records for a given period. 60 days should be plenty.

Hope that helps.
Yes, I've granted some of them permission, just not clear on whether I'm supposed to enter the employment history, or my previous employers that were Part 91K, 121, 125, 135?
Old 06-22-2023, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up I would enter the history..

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Yes, I've granted some of them permission, just not clear on whether I'm supposed to enter the employment history, or my previous employers that were Part 91K, 121, 125, 135?
I would enter the history like any application. I haven’t seen about what you are speaking of, but I may try to apply just to see what you are talking about..
Old 06-22-2023, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
I would enter the history like any application. I haven’t seen about what you are speaking of, but I may try to apply just to see what you are talking about..
Screenshot of the pages I am referring..........

PRD.jpg
Old 06-22-2023, 08:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
And another...............
PRD#2.jpg
Old 06-24-2023, 08:39 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default 1st interview down...2nd scheduled

went very much as expected...why FE, TMAAT. 2nd round scheduled. even though there's not really anything to be considered as there's no cjo, admittedly my primary concern is the reduction in pay imposed by starting over. is the financial hit worth it for the 15/13, no commute?, not at all concerned about riding the right seat for a while, and actually prefer it while becoming comfortable with the company policies/procedures. just thinking aloud, via keyboard.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool Hope that your interview went well..

Originally Posted by proudestmonkey View Post
hey all, i've an initial interview scheduled for tomorrow. due diligence has had me read every page on FE, review glassdoor, FB, company page, etc. i would be coming from the left seat of a regional 121, and have read on the company website that new hires into the cj3, encore, and xl airframes. while i am interested in leaving the 121 world, in favor of QOL (15/13, preferably), and FE seems a well-regarded operation, the coming to FE, to a much smaller airframe, and significant pay cut, is concerning. is what i'm reading accurate regarding the new hire airframe limitations?
Hey Monkey,

Sorry that I am just responding to you and I hope that you had a nice initial interview experience. The ability to live anywhere, the quick upgrade, and QOL is what brought me here and keeps me here. The fact that I live close to the Company HQ is an added bonus for me.

We have 52 new jets coming from Textron starting in August through 2025... CJ-3+s, the XLS Gen 2, and the Longitude. For morale purposes, new hire pilots are almost always sent to one of the smaller airframes because this respects our current pilots here that might like to move up to a larger jet. A competitor of ours was famous for hiring directly into a larger airframe, while their current pilots languishing in their current aircraft, resulting in a revolving door, so we definitely tried to learn from their mistakes and promote from within.

The Company generally wants you to stay on an airframe for 2 years, but sometimes Company needs will result in less than 2 years. I hope that answered your question.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:40 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2023

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Thanks!!!!
Checked Aviation Interviews, I don't see FE as an option unless I missed something?
Old 07-30-2023, 12:49 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Hi guys, just checking into this awesome thread, looks like we’ve got some active recruiting going on here.

Im a military dude retiring next year and honestly just came across FE this week. I really like their paid commute, quality of life, and variety of flying.

I have 3k TT all turbine, multi, 1k of GIV. 1.5k PIC.

Two quickies if you guys don't mind:
-Is 8/20 really a thing? I’d love to do that for a year or two then go back to full time as needed. (Grandiose home/airplane building dreams). Or is this a frowned upon ambition?
-Will FE give a CJO a year out? Delta is offering CJOs up to 2 years out for military guys. I’m wanting to time my exit where I just swap uniforms.

Thanks in advance. I plan on going to RTAG’s Hiring Fair… perhaps some of y’all will be there! I’m all ears for suggestions and recommendations.

SF
Joe
Old 08-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Exclamation Our

Originally Posted by Pachedriver View Post
Checked Aviation Interviews, I don't see FE as an option unless I missed something?
Our interviews are very straight forward and pilot oriented.. Basic Part 135 and customer service questions…. If you see something wrong or unsafe, speak up.. That kind of stuff. Nobody here is going to ask any crazy HR, What’s your favorite color/spirit animal type questions.. Why us is another good answer to have,