FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Smile

Originally Posted by FoundIt View Post
Is it possible to commute internationally to your domicile? I plan to move back to the US as soon as my wife gets a visa, but that will be 1-2 years away. In the meantime looking at options to commute to something, and a 15-13 schedule looks better than other options for that.
Yes, Found it..

You can commute from anywhere, but you need a US address for correspondence.. We have pilots with travel benefits with various airlines, who commute from Italy, Scotland, Germany, France, etc., but you have to get yourself to the CONUS. From there, our Travel and Hotels department will fly you to wherever the jet is that you are to meet up with. I know that our Italian pilot sometimes commutes to JFK, sometimes EWR, ATL, MIA, etc.. We also have a Legacy retiree who travels around the Country in his super-nice camper, then either meets up with one of our jets on his route or they fly him to a jet from wherever he is.

We are definitely one of the most liberal basing companies out there..
Old 04-25-2023, 07:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2023
Default Much obliged B727DRVR

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Hooligan,

PM me and I will get right on it tomorrow.. I speak to a bunch of pilots, and am trying to remember if we spoke or not.. When did interview again?
I PM'd you. Thank you!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2023, 06:22 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2023
Question Fly Exclusive Reviews

Has anyone read the reviews of FW on Glass Door?
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/fl...s-E2446495.htm

The reviews do not make the company appealing from the outside looking in.

I spoke with a FE recruiter at Sun n Fun this year and was really excited after talking with them. I was planning on this being my career for the next 4-5 years.
However, after returning home from the trip and researching the company, I found several harsh reviews on the company. One going as far as calling the company a "Clown Show."

That being said, I've read almost half of this thread based on FE, and there seems to be a different perspective here, which has me excited once again for for the company!

As a pilot with 1,400 hours, i'm trying to decide where I want to spend the next 4-5 years as to not hop inbetween jobs.

It seems like the Glass Door website is an outlet for frustrated pilots to vent for others to see. And the more I think about it, that could be all it is.
A pilot that is happy with their position at the company isn't as eager to post a positive review of the company compared to another pilot that had, in their opinion, a horrible experience.

So I guess my question is this:
What are some negative things to consider about Fly Exclusive?
I can read all the positive things the company puts on their website about pay / benefits, but how do current pilots feel about the company as a whole?
Are you excited to go to work everyday!? Does the company treat you as a human being?
Old 05-10-2023, 10:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

A co-worker of mine was hired there about a year ago....so far, so good.

Of course, keep in mind there are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

I was a pilot at FE and really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately I was offered a better position at another company, however if I never recevied that offer, I was OK staying at FE for the long term
Old 05-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by DigitalOcean View Post
Has anyone read the reviews of FW on Glass Door?
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/fl...s-E2446495.htm

The reviews do not make the company appealing from the outside looking in.

I spoke with a FE recruiter at Sun n Fun this year and was really excited after talking with them. I was planning on this being my career for the next 4-5 years.
However, after returning home from the trip and researching the company, I found several harsh reviews on the company. One going as far as calling the company a "Clown Show."

That being said, I've read almost half of this thread based on FE, and there seems to be a different perspective here, which has me excited once again for for the company!

As a pilot with 1,400 hours, i'm trying to decide where I want to spend the next 4-5 years as to not hop inbetween jobs.

It seems like the Glass Door website is an outlet for frustrated pilots to vent for others to see. And the more I think about it, that could be all it is.
A pilot that is happy with their position at the company isn't as eager to post a positive review of the company compared to another pilot that had, in their opinion, a horrible experience.

So I guess my question is this:
What are some negative things to consider about Fly Exclusive?
I can read all the positive things the company puts on their website about pay / benefits, but how do current pilots feel about the company as a whole?
Are you excited to go to work everyday!? Does the company treat you as a human being?
I have been with the company for seven months. I came from a regional and have experience flying cargo. I can tell you for me this has been a very positive experience. Everyone I have flown with has been very helpful and enjoys their job. As I am sure you have experienced no job is perfect and FE has areas that can be improved. I will say improvements have continued in my short time here and the future looks very positive. I have not regretted coming to FE and enjoy the 15/13 schedule and the variety of flying. I can see myself staying here for many years if not making it my career home.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:06 AM
Sitting and scratching...

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Upright

Hi! Does FE sit RSV at the FBO still like Flexjet does? Thanks, just asking as I am seeking the latest.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by silver fleet View Post
Hi! Does FE sit RSV at the FBO still like Flexjet does? Thanks, just asking as I am seeking the latest.
My experience VERY rarely. The only time I have had to sit in an FBO is if we had an early day, no other flights scheduled and they wanted you to wait for a few hours to see if a recovery was needed elsewhere before sending you to the hotel. If you are at the hotel and have no flights for that day, they typically have you re-up the rooms and hang out there.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:39 AM
Sitting and scratching...

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Upright

Thank you kindly for the Intel FD! Much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Almost never do airport standby..

Originally Posted by silver fleet View Post
Hey silver,

In my 5 years here, I believe that maybe 4 times that I remember they had us stand by at the FBO for a specific recovery or pending sale trip. I remember that we actually flew 3 times, and went back on the hotel on one. Normally, when we land at an FBO before or after Noon and they don’t have a trip for us, they will ask us if we have had lunch yet.. Usually we haven’t, so we will take the crew car and go wherever. When we get back, we call in and ask to be released to go to the hotel. When we go to the hotel, we ask for a late checkout because most of us are Marriott Titaniums or Hilton Diamonds (Marriott will give you a 4 PM late checkout, while Hilton is much more stingy, between 1 & 2 PM). Then, if we don’t have any trips assigned to us, we will get an email to duty on from the HOTEL. This is much preferable to what we call FBO rot, i.e., FBO Standby.

You from Purple?