Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 03-15-2023, 09:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool They work with you..

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Regarding Home Basing.....does the company handle all the airline reservations from and too a rotation? Is it possible to stick around a few days at your end of rotation city (on your own time of course) and fly home a few days later?
While I haven't done a time shift on a ticket home, they go out of their way to work with you. I have started and finish in different places to empty out a storage unit, meet my family in MCO to go to Universal, etc. I would be surprised if they said no..
Old 03-15-2023, 04:04 PM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

What's the secret for getting a call back? Applied a couple of times, was rejected pretty quick. Unfortunately, don't have a reference. Do have an unrestricted ATP 8750PIC and a CE500 type. Maybe age?
Also, I took a look at the profile page and didn't see a PayScale, although it looks like it was updated recently.
Appreciate any info..

Last edited by Flightsoffusion; 03-15-2023 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Regarding Home Basing.....does the company handle all the airline reservations from and ta rotation? Is it possible to stick around a few days at your end of rotation city (on your own time of course) and fly home a few days later?
Yes the company handles travel arrangements. In my experience they are quite flexible on things like this. You can be flown some other location instead of home, within reason. Going home a couple days later likely wouldn’t be an issue and honestly may save the company a few bucks by not booking same day travel. Hope this helps! We have some very friendly, yet incredible busy folks in this department. No easy task juggling people around several times a week for a growing pilot group.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
What's the secret for getting a call back? Applied a couple of times, was rejected pretty quick. Unfortunately, don't have a reference. Do have an unrestricted ATP 8750PIC and a CE500 type. Maybe age?
Also, I took a look at the profile page and didn't see a PayScale, although it looks like it was updated recently.
Appreciate any info..
There is not a secret to getting a call back. I have no idea why with that time you wouldn't get called back. I know its not age. There were several retired airline pilots in my indoc class. They don't like DWIs, accidents and frequent job hoping. The only thing I can think of is there is a list most companies have of pilots that have grabbed a "Free" type and then bolted. Most companies will not hire pilots on that list.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:25 AM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by medfly21 View Post
There is not a secret to getting a call back. I have no idea why with that time you wouldn't get called back. I know its not age. There were several retired airline pilots in my indoc class. They don't like DWIs, accidents and frequent job hoping. The only thing I can think of is there is a list most companies have of pilots that have grabbed a "Free" type and then bolted. Most companies will not hire pilots on that list.
Appreciate the info. Definitely don't fit into any of those categories. Maybe, just not to be.

Safe flights..
Old 03-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Hey Fusion, I PM'd you..

Appreciate the info. Definitely don't fit into any of those categories. Maybe, just not to be.

Safe flights..
Hey Fusion,

I PM'd you.. Give me a call and maybe I can help.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2023, 11:24 AM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Fusion,

I PM'd you.. Give me a call and maybe I can help.

Thanks
Will do. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Pathological Flyer

23 planes in the air right now. Not too shabby for the "other" small 135.
Curious what times for upgrade are looking like.

`k
Old 03-18-2023, 05:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

23 planes in the air right now. Not too shabby for the "other" small 135.
Curious what times for upgrade are looking like.

`k
depends… currently re-arranging prerequisites for captain eligibility, so take this with a grain of salt. Typically you need a few recommendations from current captains, then you can be “left seat authorized” if you meet TT and time in type requirements you can upgrade. Aside from having a firm grasp on general captain responsibilities you need to know the company procedures and paperwork responsibilities fairly well. I’ve seen anywhere from direct entry(with time in type and similar 135 experience) to 6-18 months. Likely one of the quicker upgrades you’ll find. B727 correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:53 PM
Pathological Flyer

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
depends… currently re-arranging prerequisites for captain eligibility, so take this with a grain of salt. Typically you need a few recommendations from current captains, then you can be “left seat authorized” if you meet TT and time in type requirements you can upgrade. Aside from having a firm grasp on general captain responsibilities you need to know the company procedures and paperwork responsibilities fairly well. I’ve seen anywhere from direct entry(with time in type and similar 135 experience) to 6-18 months. Likely one of the quicker upgrades you’ll find. B727 correct me if I’m wrong.
Thanks Joe..