Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 05-25-2023, 04:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by silver fleet View Post
Hi! Does FE sit RSV at the FBO still like Flexjet does? Thanks, just asking as I am seeking the latest.
That's some bad info you got about Flexjet. They do not do that on a regular basis, but there are times when it might be necessary, just like all of the other operations out there.

- Backing up another trip. Get the jet ready and wait until the assigned aircraft departs, then shut down and go back to the hotel if nothing else is scheduled.
- No other trips scheduled and your done around noon. Dispatch might have you sit at the FBO for a couple of hours to fly a recovery or pop-up trip if you have a lot of duty time left. Most hotel check-in times usually don't begin until 3-4 pm, so you'd end up sitting somewhere if the room isn't ready anyway.

All other times, you normally just go to the hotel and be put on 90 minute reserve (meaning you need to be wheels up in 90 minutes or less). They never just hang out at the FBO all day and you are not required to go to the FBO at 6am and sit if you don't have trips scheduled.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Anybody have current interview gouge?
Old 05-25-2023, 08:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Anybody have current interview gouge?
Aviation Interviews website is usually up to date. It's not free but is usually accurate.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Aviation Interviews website is usually up to date. It's not free but is usually accurate.
Thanks!!!!
Old 05-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Hey CFI..

Thanks!!!!
Hey CFI,

Interviews here are a 3 step process via Teams interview. First you talk to our HR Recruiter who asks basic HR type questions like “why here”, “any accidents, incidents, DWI, etc.”. Then, you will talk with a CP or ACP about Pilot-type stuff like approach briefings, etc. Finally, you get the offer call from our DO.

Interviews here are more customer service oriented, as it is much a customer service job that requires flying skills, as it is a flying job that requires customer service skills. It also helps to know a little about the Company and it’s rapid growth.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey CFI,

Interviews here are a 3 step process via Teams interview. First you talk to our HR Recruiter who asks basic HR type questions like “why here”, “any accidents, incidents, DWI, etc.”. Then, you will talk with a CP or ACP about Pilot-type stuff like approach briefings, etc. Finally, you get the offer call from our DO.

Interviews here are more customer service oriented, as it is much a customer service job that requires flying skills, as it is a flying job that requires customer service skills. It also helps to know a little about the Company and it’s rapid growth.
Thanks.........definately helps.
Old 06-21-2023, 10:32 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default airframe new hire

hey all, i've an initial interview scheduled for tomorrow. due diligence has had me read every page on FE, review glassdoor, FB, company page, etc. i would be coming from the left seat of a regional 121, and have read on the company website that new hires into the cj3, encore, and xl airframes. while i am interested in leaving the 121 world, in favor of QOL (15/13, preferably), and FE seems a well-regarded operation, the coming to FE, to a much smaller airframe, and significant pay cut, is concerning. is what i'm reading accurate regarding the new hire airframe limitations?
Old 06-21-2023, 01:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Paper Airplane PIC

Originally Posted by proudestmonkey View Post
hey all, i've an initial interview scheduled for tomorrow. due diligence has had me read every page on FE, review glassdoor, FB, company page, etc. i would be coming from the left seat of a regional 121, and have read on the company website that new hires into the cj3, encore, and xl airframes. while i am interested in leaving the 121 world, in favor of QOL (15/13, preferably), and FE seems a well-regarded operation, the coming to FE, to a much smaller airframe, and significant pay cut, is concerning. is what i'm reading accurate regarding the new hire airframe limitations?
That would definitely be a question to ask during your time with HR. Most new hires go to those fleets, but the majority are either previously typed in those aircraft or are coming to their first jet job. Coming from the left seat, you will likely be right back into it within a couple months. Overall, good experience with the company, and don't feel run down 99% of the time. There are the occasional rough days, but the good days far exceed them.

Best of luck!
Old 06-21-2023, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Stupid question, I've had phone interviews with few companies, and they said I will need to give them permission to the FAA PRD. I've set up an account and verified everything is current (license number, certs, medical, etc) but don't see anything listed under "Experience". Is there an entry required in this field, listing employers on my end?
Old 06-22-2023, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Stupid question, I've had phone interviews with few companies, and they said I will need to give them permission to the FAA PRD. I've set up an account and verified everything is current (license number, certs, medical, etc) but don't see anything listed under "Experience". Is there an entry required in this field, listing employers on my end?
It’s not really intuitive. You have to go to the “consent” header and search for FE’s airline code and grant them consent to access your records for a given period. 60 days should be plenty.

Hope that helps.