Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 09:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool That’s way old.. Go to our Profile here..

Originally Posted by Mmonroe194 View Post
I see the ads for this. Is this for getting 1500 hr after flight school?
Hey,

That’s way old information. Go to Home on APC, then Airline Profiles, then Part 135, then click flyExclusive. There, you can find the newer pay rates, etc. Currently, we are only hiring pilots with 1500 hours and their ATP Written.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:46 AM
New guy

Joined APC: Aug 2023

thanks for the information. I am a guy looking for a flight school. I have no money up front so would have to finance. Any suggestions? I keep getting told the route i would like to go that is cheaper at 82,000 is bad because im signing up to work their for 5 years. So im torn. ATP offers 100,000 course so 20,000 more i want to spend?
Old 08-30-2023, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey,

That’s way old information. Go to Home on APC, then Airline Profiles, then Part 135, then click flyExclusive. There, you can find the newer pay rates, etc. Currently, we are only hiring pilots with 1500 hours and their ATP Written.
Is FE going back to 1500 hrs for new FO's? Last I checked I was told FE wants higher times towards 2000hr tt for faster upgrades
Old 09-07-2023, 08:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2023
Position: CFII

Do FE rotations always start on the same day of the week, or is it variable? Is that part of the schedule bid process? I understand that most NetJets 7/7 rotations for junior pilots start and end on a Saturday, so you never get a full weekend off. Is FE similar?
Old 09-08-2023, 11:30 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Originally Posted by Mmonroe194 View Post
thanks for the information. I am a guy looking for a flight school. I have no money up front so would have to finance. Any suggestions? I keep getting told the route i would like to go that is cheaper at 82,000 is bad because im signing up to work their for 5 years. So im torn. ATP offers 100,000 course so 20,000 more i want to spend?
I would strongly recommend not signing anything that would tie you to an employer, ever. 5 years is just ridiculous. Since you are starting from Zero i suggest a small local operator to see if it's for you first of all. If it is, awesome, but make sure before you take out a large sum of money and sign it over to a flight school.
Do your private local first, then look into an accelerated full time program. Also, decide on a school based on where you would like to work as an instructor, good safety record, maintenance, etc.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:38 PM
New Hire

Anyone thinking about going to FlyExclusive, make sure to ask them about why numerous pilots from various fleets, out of no fault of their own, have recently been told they're being demoted to smaller airframes, and being forced into substantial pay cuts "for the health of the company". Then ask them why the overall dispatch availability (green airplanes and crewed) has been in the low 30% range for the last several months. Another question for them would be why several aircraft have been held hostage by outside maintenance vendors because of large outstanding unpaid invoices. From what I'm hearing, upper management is starting to sweat about the apparent unstable financial status of things. Just some food for thought.
Old 09-10-2023, 03:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by PrivateFlyer View Post
Anyone thinking about going to FlyExclusive, make sure to ask them about why numerous pilots from various fleets, out of no fault of their own, have recently been told they're being demoted to smaller airframes, and being forced into substantial pay cuts "for the health of the company". Then ask them why the overall dispatch availability (green airplanes and crewed) has been in the low 30% range for the last several months. Another question for them would be why several aircraft have been held hostage by outside maintenance vendors because of large outstanding unpaid invoices. From what I'm hearing, upper management is starting to sweat about the apparent unstable financial status of things. Just some food for thought.
You opened Pandora’s box… Like a child, you threw a grenade into the room and ran away with your tail between your legs? You are 37 years old… Put your big boy pants and provide the forum with answers, with your second post, providing facts and no rumors.
Old 09-10-2023, 04:16 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
You opened Pandora’s box… Like a child, you threw a grenade into the room and ran away with your tail between your legs? You are 37 years old… Put your big boy pants and provide the forum with answers, with your second post, providing facts and no rumors.
No need to be snarky with attitude. I have already stated the facts. Earlier this week several GIV pilots we're told that next month they will be no longer flying the Gulfstream and being sent down to smaller airframes with applicable pay cuts. Several on the Citation X received the same news. All pilots are in good standing and have done nothing wrong. It is also true that several 3rd party maintenance vendors have outstanding invoices and won't release planes until proper payment is completed. There has been a significant reduction in revenue based off poor maintenance status, and numerous trips canceling due to lack of reliability which hurts pilots ability to make bonus flight hour money. Lots of home and hotel standby and poor communication. Upward career progression opportunities have slowed or diminished for lots. These are all the facts. I understand you have no way of directly verifying this information, which can lead to internet frustration, however all I'm saying is don't believe everything at face value and to ask the hard questions if your considering employment.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
I can 100% confirm his last two points about the aircraft being at 30% and the maintenance vendors not being paid. As far as the individuals being forced into pay cuts and smaller airframes... I haven't heard anything about that. Just keep in mind FE is a decent first job or after 121 retirement job... but it's not really a place you're going to spend your career and I think management recognizes that.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Dksstompin View Post
I can 100% confirm his last two points about the aircraft being at 30% and the maintenance vendors not being paid. As far as the individuals being forced into pay cuts and smaller airframes... I haven't heard anything about that. Just keep in mind FE is a decent first job or after 121 retirement job... but it's not really a place you're going to spend your career and I think management recognizes that.
Sorry to hear about FE being in a slow downward spiral. I’ve had the displeasure of experience the same when I was with an ACMI operation out of FLL some 20 years ago. Nice to know that there are more options out there today than 20 years ago… Either majors or another 135 operator. Good luck people.