Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 12-01-2022, 08:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
I tried to look up "Premium Jets" and could not find anything except a company in Zurich. If you would like to post a link to the website or give more info it would help. #1 question is schedule, FE is 8/6 or 15/13 (for 10k more per year). #2, should there be a recession, where would you prefer to be? Depending on the fleet, upgrades are certainly at 6 months for the light jets. I am not sure of the larger jets and what their upgrade time is. I'm at FE and can say I am very happy and feel I could stay here long term.
My mistake its Premier Jets. both schedules are 8/6. I'm later in my career so I'm looking at 5-7 years before I hang it up.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:14 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
That’s a tough one, Medfly…. To begin with, I am the worlds worst Recruiter because I regularly recommended that people at least consider 121, Netjets pays better, etc., so I am a Pilot first, Recruiter second.. With that said, I really need more information to give you an honest answer.

You say that you have an offer with FE, but an “interview” with Premium Jets.. Although, these days an interview is almost as good as an offer, my first thought would be would you rather have a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush, as they say? Other than the INITIAL pay, you haven’t specified what the advantages are for going to Premium Jet, such as is the schedule written in stone, or do they do the “you get 8 HARD days off per month, unless the Principal wants to fly and then we’ll make it up to you”, LOL.. You mentioned that the pay is 120K, but what is the progression of pay and progression of different jets for transition and upgrade (It looks like we both flew EMS from your username, and you know how EMS pays starts out decent, but often stagnates after..)? Also, how many jets and pilots does Premium have? Currently, we are pushing 100 jets and have passed 330 pilots if you count those like you that are awaiting INDOC, so there is definitely strength in numbers and we have 30 new CJ3+s, 14 XLS+ Gen 2s, and 7 Longitudes, coming, so this is turning out to be a huge operation.

Bottom Line: If this were UPS that we were talking about, with a ton of friends there and knowing a lot about them, I would absolutely say run to UPS, but I don’t know enough about Premium Jets because there is no information on the web or on the APC Airline Py Profiles page about them. If we were talking about Netjets, I would say go there if quick upgrade time is not pivotal to you and you wanted to go to a great, established company. But if this is Premier (rather than Premium Jets), I would encourage you to compare our APC Pay Profile page to theirs, and I think that you would probably decide to come here.. While it is true that we have not yet caught up to NetJets or Flexjet yet, we have come from behind and equaled or surpassed many other competitors in terms of pay, benefits, size, and stratospheric growth and we don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Good luck with your decision and feel free to PM me with any questions…. I don’t get any referral bonus per pilot, so I have no reason to be disingenuous with you. Whatever you decide, I will be happy for you because when just one pilot wins, we all win..
Thank you for the info. It is Premier Jets..my mistake. It seems like FE is great company. Premier is a smaller company. The street Capitan and higher pay is enticing. I just not sure I am being short sighted by not taking a lower pay for 6 months and possibly going to a bad situation. I'm later in my career so I'm thinking 5-7 years before I hang it up.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation

Originally Posted by medfly21 View Post
Thank you for the info. It is Premier Jets..my mistake. It seems like FE is great company. Premier is a smaller company. The street Capitan and higher pay is enticing. I just not sure I am being short sighted by not taking a lower pay for 6 months and possibly going to a bad situation. I'm later in my career so I'm thinking 5-7 years before I hang it up.
OK,

That being said, it is a challenging decision that you will have to make about a DEC position or 6-12 month upgrade.. I tell people, honestly, that we have the quickest Upgrade in the 135 Industry, but you don’t get any quicker than Direct Entry Captain. We have done DEC here in the past, but avoid it for several reasons, pilot morale and known quantity among them. Also, Argus Wyvern requirements for Platinum require that one must have considerable hours in type as well.

I guess that you should probably ask ourself that common interview question: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” And apply that to both companies. Then, compare the APC Profiles and Fleet Projections for both companies and see which place looks better long term. If I were still in the 121 world, I would have 6 years left, so we are both pretty close in that department.

Best of luck in your decision! So do you have an just an interview or an actual job offer from Premier and flyExclusive?
Old 12-02-2022, 07:16 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
OK,

That being said, it is a challenging decision that you will have to make about a DEC position or 6-12 month upgrade.. I tell people, honestly, that we have the quickest Upgrade in the 135 Industry, but you don’t get any quicker than Direct Entry Captain. We have done DEC here in the past, but avoid it for several reasons, pilot morale and known quantity among them. Also, Argus Wyvern requirements for Platinum require that one must have considerable hours in type as well.

I guess that you should probably ask ourself that common interview question: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” And apply that to both companies. Then, compare the APC Profiles and Fleet Projections for both companies and see which place looks better long term. If I were still in the 121 world, I would have 6 years left, so we are both pretty close in that department.

Best of luck in your decision! So do you have an just an interview or an actual job offer from Premier and flyExclusive?
actual offer from FE....probable offer from premier..I think.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:45 AM
On Reserve

Does anyone know the amount of the monthly flight time bonus for FO and CA? I thought it was $50 for each hour over 30 a month. Does that sound right?
Old 12-02-2022, 11:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Does anyone know the amount of the monthly flight time bonus for FO and CA? I thought it was $50 for each hour over 30 a month. Does that sound right?
Its $150. for every hour over 10 hours per tour, and its the same for SIC and PIC.

Edit: I was a little off, here it is

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Yes. It's based on the filed flight plan block time regardless of how long the flight actually takes to complete. Some flights you make out, some you come up a little short (think Teterboro to Boston.) FDP is currently $148 an hour regardless of whether it's a revenue flight or an empty positioning flight. The money wheel starts spinning once you pass 10 hours into your tour.
Rounding up, $99 per hour in your pocket, $49 into your 401k. That's in addition to the employee contribution and the employer match, which is currently 58% match on up to 20% of what you contribute.

Last edited by golikhel; 12-02-2022 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:06 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by golikhel View Post
Its $150. for every hour over 10 hours per tour, and its the same for SIC and PIC.

Edit: I was a little off, here it is
Is this for Fly Exclusive?

That seems like a good bonus. Let me see if I am getting this right:

8/6 schedule for 8 days your scheduled to fly 22 hours. 22 - 10 hours = 12 hours x $100 in salary = $1,200 in salary and 12 x $50 = $600 in 401K

Did I get that right?
Old 12-02-2022, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Is this for Fly Exclusive?

That seems like a good bonus. Let me see if I am getting this right:

8/6 schedule for 8 days your scheduled to fly 22 hours. 22 - 10 hours = 12 hours x $100 in salary = $1,200 in salary and 12 x $50 = $600 in 401K

Did I get that right?
somebody is getting their companies confused. This sounds like what NetJets does. More accurately we are payed a bonus based on flight time in a calendar month. For example December 1-31 you flew 57 hours. Flight time bonus is paid for any hours over 30 in a month. So if your a captain on the citation fleet it’s 27 hours paid at $100/hr.($2700) if you’re an FO it’s half that $50/hr($1350). It’s all taxed as regular income and goes straight to your second paycheck of the following month, usually the 20th. As far as I know we can’t opt to have it put into 401K.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:36 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
somebody is getting their companies confused. This sounds like what NetJets does. More accurately we are payed a bonus based on flight time in a calendar month. For example December 1-31 you flew 57 hours. Flight time bonus is paid for any hours over 30 in a month. So if your a captain on the citation fleet it’s 27 hours paid at $100/hr.($2700) if you’re an FO it’s half that $50/hr($1350). It’s all taxed as regular income and goes straight to your second paycheck of the following month, usually the 20th. As far as I know we can’t opt to have it put into 401K.
ok thanks!! That is what I remembered from the interview.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:50 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2022

What is FDP? I thought that applied to all 135 operations.

That was from a Netjet thread. The same 57 hours there in FDP divided into two 8 day tours, 28.5 hours per tour minus 10 hours would be 18.5 × 148. = $2738. per tour, $5476. total FDP for the 57 hours that month, but 33% $1807. goes into 401k, and 67% $3669. goes into paycheck. FDP is the same for SIC and PIC so quite a difference for the SIC, $4100. more for the same amount of flying that month

Last edited by golikhel; 12-02-2022 at 02:02 PM.