Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 12-05-2022, 09:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by golikhel View Post
That is kind of green apples to golden apples though.. Netjetss schedule is 7 days, I think 8 is optional but 7 day is default, you start on sunday you get home saturday and off sunday through saturday and back out on sunday...

So in a 7 day tour a pilot would likely not see over 35 hours, average might be 30 x 2 per month, so 30 - 10 to start the money wheel.. is 20 hours x 148 = $2960. times two per month, = $5920. for the two 30 hour tours each month.

That getting home after midnight on day 7 money is quite a bit more at netjets, a first year FO would get $1200. and a 10 year PIC would get $2900. it probably never happens

I believe at Netjets the company must get you home within your 14 hour duty day or they put you in a hotel and get you home the next day and have to pay you the 3 days pay for not getting you home within your duty day even if its before midnight. Flyexclusive is the same there I believe
Yes that's true, but Netjets has 6 different schedules to choose from, averaging between 13 and 19 days per month. The pilots choose which schedule they want to fly. It's true that the default schedule is 7 and 7 though, but if you want the OT, there are 4 other schedules to choose from.

Last edited by Vmo plus 10; 12-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Bat,

The 8 day schedule that you mentioned is a fledgling program ONLY for PIC's who have been here. It doesn't make financial sense for the Company to pay to type someone off the street and only get 8 days out of them right off the bat right now when we are still getting plenty of candidates willing to work our 8/6 schedules and our 15/13 schedules. We do have a few pilots currently on that schedule, but only a handful. That could change, but for now it is only open to current PIC's.. I might even take them up on it some day.

I believe that JetLinx and Wheeps Up might currently offer the 8-20 schedule... Give them a try.
About a year ago, I spoke directly with a FE recruiter. He knew at that time that I was (and currently still am) qualified and current on the plane. He didn't say Boo about needing to have previous time being employed at FE. He made it sound like a direct entry Captain position. Perhaps things have changed or he is FOS. I decided not to pursue it at that time solely because of the low pay scale. I was just curious if it had changed
Old 12-06-2022, 07:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Direct entry is still possible,..

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
About a year ago, I spoke directly with a FE recruiter. He knew at that time that I was (and currently still am) qualified and current on the plane. He didn't say Boo about needing to have previous time being employed at FE. He made it sound like a direct entry Captain position. Perhaps things have changed or he is FOS. I decided not to pursue it at that time solely because of the low pay scale. I was just curious if it had changed

Hey Bat,

If you are current and qualified on the jet, a direct or nearly direct entry captain position is possible. While we try to promote from within first, they do realease new PIC's who are current and qualified to the fleet after a rotation or two, or when they are deemed ready. But this is still extremely fast. I'm not sure how long you have to be on to qualify for the 8/20 though...
Old 12-07-2022, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy

I recently interviewed with the company. 3 very quick and informal interviews and was invited to a SIM evaluation which went well. Job offer 2 days later with the 24 month contract. I proposed some changes to the contract that my mentors suggested. Job offer was immediately rescinded, with a "best of luck to you" type email. I thought the response was unnecessary and spiteful. I consider reasonable negotiations to be an ordinary part of new employment.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Bat,

I believe that JetLinx and Wheeps Up might currently offer the 8-20 schedule... Give them a try.
Check this forum for some articles I posted about Wheels Up. Basically they're in poor financial shape and just mortgaged the aircraft they own on a 7yr note at 12% APR. They don't expect a profit until 2024 and there's been a lot of churn in the upper management ranks. I suppose the cash they got from the note may hold them over assuming they do make a profit in 2024. They have to keep a certain level of cash on hand to meet the terms of the note. If they're not able to do that and can't renegotiate the terms then Chapter 11 is a distinct possibility.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Chapter 11 is voluntary bankruptcy for reorganization, generally.

Chapter 7 is involuntary, forced into it by creditors. It often results in liquidation of the company.

Did you mean Chapter 11 or Chapter 7?
Old 12-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Are you talking about flyExclusive?

Originally Posted by Pilatus801 View Post
I recently interviewed with the company. 3 very quick and informal interviews and was invited to a SIM evaluation which went well. Job offer 2 days later with the 24 month contract. I proposed some changes to the contract that my mentors suggested. Job offer was immediately rescinded, with a "best of luck to you" type email. I thought the response was unnecessary and spiteful. I consider reasonable negotiations to be an ordinary part of new employment.
Pilatus,

Are you sure that this is flyExclusive that you are talking about? Because we have a 1 year pro-rated contract.. Unless something just changed. But yeah, they do not negotiate just like the Airlines don't negotiate.

Good luck..
Old 12-08-2022, 03:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Never seen any air carrier, in the US or foreign carrier, willing to amend their contract(s) to accommodate future crewmembers for the purposes morale of the current staff. Now dealing with head hunters, however, different story. At the end of the day, it’s their train set, sort to say.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:23 AM
time for crew rest

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: B777 Captain

I had two informal interviews in the past couple months and NO sim eval. Offered the job with a one year training contract. I didn't accept it. But your description of the process is quite different from mine. Are you sure you're describing FE?
Old 12-08-2022, 07:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

You must be mistaken, we have no sim evaluation that I’m aware of. We don’t even own our own simulators..,yet.