FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 09:18 AM
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X
Default QQ

Originally Posted by Pilatus801 View Post
I recently interviewed with the company. 3 very quick and informal interviews and was invited to a SIM evaluation which went well. Job offer 2 days later with the 24 month contract. I proposed some changes to the contract that my mentors suggested. Job offer was immediately rescinded, with a "best of luck to you" type email. I thought the response was unnecessary and spiteful. I consider reasonable negotiations to be an ordinary part of new employment.
This was not my experience either...no sim, just 1 yr contract. Great team of folks, treated me very well, definitely a place that is growing with good leadership. I declined the class date when a different opportunity presented itself before my report date. Hard call to make because of the great folks I met and talked with...actually visited the HHQ at Kinston, very impressed with their growth plans and expansion. They appear to be the real deal and will be one of the survivors if things turn IMHO.

Kudos to B727 for his insight on this forum and straight forward dissemination of all aspects of pluses and minuses at FE. Like EF Hutton, when he talks, you should listen.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Pilatus,

Are you sure that this is flyExclusive that you are talking about? Because we have a 1 year pro-rated contract.. Unless something just changed. But yeah, they do not negotiate just like the Airlines don't negotiate.

Good luck..
My mistake. this was posted in the wrong thread. I meant if for Fly Alliance.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Default Thanks for the props, Chase..

Originally Posted by chase View Post
This was not my experience either...no sim, just 1 yr contract. Great team of folks, treated me very well, definitely a place that is growing with good leadership. I declined the class date when a different opportunity presented itself before my report date. Hard call to make because of the great folks I met and talked with...actually visited the HHQ at Kinston, very impressed with their growth plans and expansion. They appear to be the real deal and will be one of the survivors if things turn IMHO.

Kudos to B727 for his insight on this forum and straight forward dissemination of all aspects of pluses and minuses at FE. Like EF Hutton, when he talks, you should listen.
Thanks for the Props, Chase.. We’re trying.. I am jealous of your uniform, though!
Old 12-09-2022, 12:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Well, you could apply here..

Originally Posted by Pilatus801 View Post
My mistake. this was posted in the wrong thread. I meant if for Fly Alliance.
Well, Pilatus,

You could apply here, 1 year pro-rated contract and no sim check. They won’t negotiate on pay, etc., but neither will any decent company. I know people who work at places where everyone negotiated their own terms and everyone is paid differently and these places are generally not the best places to work. When it comes to negotiating your pay, just ask what UPS, AA, Netjets, and DAL do.. Oh, and flyExclusive, 😝..

Best of luck to you…
Old 12-09-2022, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Chapter 11 is voluntary bankruptcy for reorganization, generally.

Chapter 7 is involuntary, forced into it by creditors. It often results in liquidation of the company.

Did you mean Chapter 11 or Chapter 7?
Kenny Dichter at Wheels Up is a survivor, I expect they'll find a way to do a Chapter 11. Or possibly merge the operation. Other operators can't get planes fast enough so picking up a bunch via an acquisition might be tempting.
Old 12-10-2022, 04:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by chase View Post

This. 100%.

TC
Old 12-10-2022, 04:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Kenny Dichter at Wheels Up is a survivor, I expect they'll find a way to do a Chapter 11. Or possibly merge the operation. Other operators can't get planes fast enough so picking up a bunch via an acquisition might be tempting.
He is. I'm sure he's spending every waking moment trying to figure out how to personally get out of this before the seemingly inevitable happens.
Old 12-11-2022, 06:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Hi folks, interested in making the jump to the 135/Corporate world; sounds like some good things are happening at FE!

Basic question here that I haven’t seen answered (looked back quite a few pages): What’s a typical day look like? How many legs? Typical hours of rest? Are you typically flying 3-5 legs/day like I’ve heard they do at NJ/FJ, or is it a bit more relaxed? Quality of hotels? Rental cars typical or no? Lastly, what’s the policy on facial hair (short, well-groomed beards allowed?)

Many thanks in advance!
Old 12-11-2022, 08:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Snapshot217 View Post
Hi folks, interested in making the jump to the 135/Corporate world; sounds like some good things are happening at FE!

Basic question here that I haven’t seen answered (looked back quite a few pages): What’s a typical day look like? How many legs? Typical hours of rest? Are you typically flying 3-5 legs/day like I’ve heard they do at NJ/FJ, or is it a bit more relaxed? Quality of hotels? Rental cars typical or no? Lastly, what’s the policy on facial hair (short, well-groomed beards allowed?)

Many thanks in advance!
A lot depends on the fleet. I am on light jets (which includes the Encore and the CJ3) and a typical day is 3-4 legs (live, repo, live, (possible repo for the next AM). VERY rarely are you over 4 legs a day and if you are its probably a short repo flight at the end of the day. I have no complaints about rest. Typically way more than 10hrs mandatory however you occasionally get min rest days. I dont think I have had 2 or more min rest days back to back. Hotels are hotels....99% Hilton or Marriott properties, although we used to book our own (and talk about going back to it), they will take "suggestions". Id say they utilize Uber/Lyft more than rental cars but in areas where Uber and Lyfts are hard to get, they will book a rental car. Cant answer the facial hair policy but I believe short/well groomed is acceptable (but again, could be wrong)
Old 12-13-2022, 10:16 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Bye bye bw??

Heard the good news that house cleaning is happening at FE……. Bye bye BW. Hope FE becomes a better place. Now maybe they can work on SOPs, pay and the way pilots represent on the road. Saw a crew in TEB. Wow, looked rough!!!!!