Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag

Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
Hey 727DRVR I can’t send PM’s but I finished the in person interview on the 29th with a woman who I have forgot her name, but I know she works under the Director of Ops and with him. She is a typed pilot and from Cali was super awesome to talk to. I have 1,500 ATP-CTP done and written done but told me she really liked me and would put in a good word with Director of Ops but I have zero turbine time. I have Glass time and really expressed the understanding of the risk but I’m looking for a home not a stepping stone and was wondering how much or little of turbine time would they like? I should’ve asked in person. Also any tips or anything? I’m a NC native so it was awesome seeing the facilities and future plans.
I will try to reach out to you tomorrow when I start my rotation.. It sounds like you are off to a good start!
Old 10-03-2022, 08:47 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
I will try to reach out to you tomorrow when I start my rotation.. It sounds like you are off to a good start!
Great thank you so much! Appreciate all your info on this forum and the team seemed awesome to meet and work with!
Old 10-07-2022, 06:31 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Default Pay Discrepancy

So I'm a retired Airline Pilot and was solicited by Flyexclusive
I checked their website hiring area and there is a full size page on salaries. Showing Encore/XLS pilots making $170k(which i'm Typed in)
OK I'll bite. i apply online and within a day or two I get a call from Hiring(probably a contractor) nice guy be he slips up in the interview and says the salary is 115k. I didn't say anything at the time he was cordial and so was I and we ended the interview.

Next I interview with the Training Department, good interview, nothing I wasn't prepared for. I didn't speak of pay discrepancy with the interviewer.

Then the following day the DO calls, seems to be a Great Guy we got on well with the interview, liked the growth potential and home basing of the company. But then came the Pay Issue. 170 vs 115k

He explained that it was an All In figure, adding in Per Diem, Working Days Off, Flight hour overrides, etc.

I finished my chat and promptly sent an email thanking them for the interview but declining the offer of a job.

I have never heard of Per Diem and Days Off pay being used as a pay scale to add up to an advertised yearly pay.

Probably best for people wanting to build time (not me)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Dick Cabeza View Post
I checked their website hiring area and there is a full size page on salaries. Showing Encore/XLS pilots making $170k(which i'm Typed in)
OK I'll bite. i apply online and within a day or two I get a call from Hiring(probably a contractor) nice guy be he slips up in the interview and says the salary is 115k. I didn't say anything at the time he was cordial and so was I and we ended the interview.

Next I interview with the Training Department, good interview, nothing I wasn't prepared for. I didn't speak of pay discrepancy with the interviewer.

Then the following day the DO calls, seems to be a Great Guy we got on well with the interview, liked the growth potential and home basing of the company. But then came the Pay Issue. 170 vs 115k

He explained that it was an All In figure, adding in Per Diem, Working Days Off, Flight hour overrides, etc.

I finished my chat and promptly sent an email thanking them for the interview but declining the offer of a job.

I have never heard of Per Diem and Days Off pay being used as a pay scale to add up to an advertised yearly pay.

Unfortunately it seems several of the larger operators are trying the bait and switch pay scheme to get applicants.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool The pay gap.. No bait and switch intended..

Originally Posted by TommyDevito View Post
Unfortunately it seems several of the larger operators are trying the bait and switch pay scheme to get applicants.
Yeah guys,

I see your point and agree that it can be confusing, Dick and Tommy, and I addressed this earlier in the thread. If you look on what the $170K is based on, it’s in the fine print so it is not a bait and switch since it is published. I asked Management about this ad a while back, and they were concerned since other large operators (91K/135) were using Total Compensation (One even using Insurance benefits in the total), that we were being left behind in the numbers game if we didn’t do it to a degree as well, but there was no bait and switch intended. They specifically added “up to and more” to make sure that they weren’t being disingenuous. They wanted to show what CAN be made here vs. the bare minimum.. We have a lot of pilots making more than the $170K as well, but they work a bit harder than I do, but not much. But they work less than many of our peers, and are paid better. This is a only a 7.5 year-old Company, so we have some catching up to our competition that have 2 or 3 decades on us. But we are catching up fast, with our attrition destinations here including FDX, AA, DAL, FDX, DAL, etc.. And no longer are we losing pilots to peer operations, so things continue to improved or our Covid-19-proof Company (As we were hiring pilots in June of 2020 and never furloughed).

I will bring it up again to see if they can show base, average, and top pay on the graphic, but that is a lot of text for an ad. This way, you all could see worst case and best case.. One of my friends made over $210K on the Excel, but he worked a LOT to get it.. Well, a lot compared top me anyway.

Thanks for the input and I will pass it on.. And yes, our D.O rules and is a great guy. Good luck with your endeavors.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 10-07-2022 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More information..
Old 10-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

So I'm a retired Airline Pilot and was solicited by Flyexclusive.....)
I know many pilots here that are making a very decent bonus WITHOUT flying extra days. If you are a CA and average 60 hours flying per month, that is an EXTRA $3,000/mo! Out of the 100+ pilots on the XL, at least 40 had between 50-80+ hours last month. I dont know how many extra days they worked but that is a significant bonus above the base pay. I didnt fly any extra days and did 60+ hours. Overall, I am very happy here. I am sure once I get a year under my belt I will look elsewhere just to see what opportunities I may have, but I am VERY aware that the grass is not always greener and unless I KNEW something was better, I would be happy to stay where I am.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Per Diem is not pay, and should not be included in compensation. What should be advertised is base pay, and at what levels any bonus pay is paid. And it should be very clear that if that extra pay is dependent on work over.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

To add to what B272DRVR said...while the advertisement says "up to $170,000", the pay tables on this website seem to show pretty clearly what pay types and amounts are available. If you're the one guy who thinks "up to $170,000" in an advertisement means "I'll make $170,000 in base salary alone", then I've got some (recently/lightly) flooded land in Florida for sale that I'd like you to take a look at. [grin]
Old 10-08-2022, 08:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool How’s it going, Peabody?

How’ve you been, Peabody?

Hope that things are going well with your new gig.. Any word on how XO brothers and sisters are doing? There’s been a lot of radio silence on that thread.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

I had a former classmate in AA Indoc this week. Another interviewing with JB this month. Others who have gone DL, UA, SW and 91. Rumor has it they’re going to send all the Challengers to Jet Edge. Vista is systematically destroying what was once a great 135 gig!