Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 11:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by DocMcFly View Post
Also, I think I read in previous posts there are no rental cars? How do you get to the hotel? Uber? FBO crew car? Who pays for transportation?
cant speak to the upgrade time across fleets, that may be a question for the recruiter, Uber, Lyft, FBO shuttles, and in certain cases rental cars. Company Credit card for those items.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:59 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Spanish,

Our solemn mission here is “Tool Avoidance”, i.e., keep the “tools” out, and recruit and retain the great people.. We are actually pretty successful at it, thanks to our DO JH. Fortunately, I was able to slip through the cracks, 😂..

Getting hire here is like getting hired at the Majors back in tha day.. No Hogan Test, no logbook review board, and nobody is going to ask you what your spirit animal is or make you take a Sudoku test made up by a non-pilot type. It is very pilot-centric, and is mainly a test to see if you would be fun and professional on an 8 or 15 day rotation.

Just treat it like any interview.. Shower, shave, dress nice, and be yourself.. But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
Thank you for all the info! I've applied a few days ago! Hopefully, I'll get a call soon! Once again, thanks for your time!
Old 08-02-2022, 07:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022
Default Just Back from Indoc

Nothing specific to report, but I can tell all the naysayers out there that Flyexclusive is 100% legit, and growing at a phenomenal rate. Now is the time to jump aboard, as this company is acquiring airplanes quickly, and in lockstep are new hires in all categories (not just pilots). The FE campus is huge, and continues to grow. My class was the last class to go through training in the current training center, as they are now in the process of tearing it down and rebuilding a new training center which will include four simulator bays (those sims are still a few years away though) 30 plus airplanes (CJ3s) are on order, and all the existing Excells are being upgraded to Garmin 5000 avionics suits, which will include synthetic vision. The campus is growing quickly, new construction seemed to be happening every where .
It's tough to come up with a negative comment, as honestly, I wasn't expecting this company to offer quite this much. The pay scale does need to be bumped up, as the gap between Flexjet and Flyexclusive is still substantial. All in all, great company, great people, I'm happy to be here.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: E-175 FO

Originally Posted by Vmo plus 10 View Post
Nothing specific to report, but I can tell all the naysayers out there that Flyexclusive is 100% legit, and growing at a phenomenal rate. Now is the time to jump aboard, as this company is acquiring airplanes quickly, and in lockstep are new hires in all categories (not just pilots). The FE campus is huge, and continues to grow. My class was the last class to go through training in the current training center, as they are now in the process of tearing it down and rebuilding a new training center which will include four simulator bays (those sims are still a few years away though) 30 plus airplanes (CJ3s) are on order, and all the existing Excells are being upgraded to Garmin 5000 avionics suits, which will include synthetic vision. The campus is growing quickly, new construction seemed to be happening every where .
It's tough to come up with a negative comment, as honestly, I wasn't expecting this company to offer quite this much. The pay scale does need to be bumped up, as the gap between Flexjet and Flyexclusive is still substantial. All in all, great company, great people, I'm happy to be here.
How many were in your class? Any details on their backgrounds? Flight hours? What was the time between application and indoc? TIA
Old 08-02-2022, 03:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
24 Months?? Wow.
Wow, indeed. You'd think if the place is so great that they wouldn't have to hang this over the heads of their employees.
On a completely unrelated item, I heard they had a Capt strike an FO about 3-4 years ago and that if the FO wouldn't make a big stink about it they wouldn't schedule him to fly with that particular Capt again. That lasted a couple of rotations and then they were put back together because no one else would fly with the Capt. Higher Ups said they'd fire the guy, but they were short on Capts. Needless to say, the guy refused to fly with the Capt again and left the company.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:53 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by DocMcFly View Post
How many were in your class? Any details on their backgrounds? Flight hours? What was the time between application and indoc? TIA
There were 13 in my class, including myself, a few older guys with airline time, a few younger guys with mostly turbo-prop time... A good mix. Average total time, probably 2500 hours? Just a guess. I cant speak for the other guys, but from my application to day one of indoc was 5 weeks. I know that one other guy was about 2 weeks. This is a solid company with a bright future, once the pay comes up (which it will), I think this will be a solid place to hang your hat for a good period of time.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool I’ve been here for 4.5 years and…

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
Wow, indeed. You'd think if the place is so great that they wouldn't have to hang this over the heads of their employees.
On a completely unrelated item, I heard they had a Capt strike an FO about 3-4 years ago and that if the FO wouldn't make a big stink about it they wouldn't schedule him to fly with that particular Capt again. That lasted a couple of rotations and then they were put back together because no one else would fly with the Capt. Higher Ups said they'd fire the guy, but they were short on Capts. Needless to say, the guy refused to fly with the Capt again and left the company.
So….. That’s a pretty non-specific and not a first hand comment based on rumors… I’ve been here for 4.5 years and never heard of anyone “striking” anyone, much less 3-4 years ago, and if that did happen, it would have been huge news for our back then little Company. In addition, the stricken SIC could have and would have sued our pants off if forced to work in an unsafe environment, even in right-to-work NC.

I did know of 2 PIC’s, in particular, who did VERBAL striking to the other Team members, pilots and non-pilots, who were terminated before the Covid-19 growth and hiring that happened here. Both these pilots were abusive and profane to their fellow pilots and were also abusive to CSR’s, Line Personnel, Uber drivers, Hotel CSR’s, etc. And nobody wanted to fly with those people, but the Company eventually dealt with them when they found out about it. Guess what? No tears were shed and nobody misses them. Now, we have a Professional Standards Committee, and I guarantee you that the previous behavior mentioned will get corrected quickly or that pilot will be history. So no, no striking going on here.

As far as 24 months go, yeah.. that is a pretty long time. Funny thing though, I transitioned to the X over a year ago and nobody asked me to sign anything. They must have known that I was pretty happy here, 😂…. I do agree with 24 months being too long.

We are certainly not perfect, and at only 7.5 years old, have a long way to go to catch up to our older and more established competitors FLEX and NJA. But we have already passed some of our other competitors and continue to improve every day, coming a very long way in a very short time from 3 CJ’s to pushing 100 jets.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 08-02-2022 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I forgot…
Old 08-06-2022, 09:52 AM
On Reserve

Position: SD3 First officer

Is there any chance at getting hired with less than 1500 hours here?
Old 08-06-2022, 10:02 AM
Line Holder

Default No

Originally Posted by Flamarca94 View Post
Is there any chance at getting hired with less than 1500 hours here?
I asked this question a few pages back, or at least if I could apply with less than 1500. It was stated I likely wouldn't be able to, but I applied anyway just to see. My application was rejected but the system instantly because I don't have 1500 hours.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Retired
Default On the other hand…

Is there an age restriction on new-hires (over 70) and is a Covid vax required? Asking for a friend.