Old 07-18-2022, 05:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Good to know, thank you!
Old 07-19-2022, 05:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Any idea why all the advertisements and job postings say the GIV pay is up to and above $220K for a PIC but you look at the pay scale and it says $150K. I hope they are not including benefit cost as part of the salary as that is very misleading.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:44 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Any idea why all the advertisements and job postings say the GIV pay is up to and above $220K for a PIC but you look at the pay scale and it says $150K. I hope they are not including benefit cost as part of the salary as that is very misleading.
They also include per diem in their "calculation."
Typical 135 shell game of pay/benefits.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Originally Posted by Dubh View Post
They also include per diem in their "calculation."
Typical 135 shell game of pay/benefits.
So you guys make some good points…. I brought it up with Management a while back, and they wanted to show that you COULD make that much money and more, vs. the worst case scenario of just salary with no bonus, etc.. since we have pilots that do make that kind of money. They didn’t use any numbers that pilots here were not already making and they didn’t include the highest because of how much this pilot works and they didn’t consider it realistic for someone seeking a proper life/work balance. But since they included “up to”, and the calculation is spelled out, I really don’t think that they are being disingenuous. But yes, it is spelled out in the “calculation” like you said.

There is no bait and switch on the schedule or the fleet that you will be assigned to, unlike some places where you don’t get your fleet assignment until after you have already started. It’s not Legacy or LCC 121, but it’s also a pretty good gig.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:11 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: CRJ CA

121 regional guy looking for a change and a 15/13 schedule. What is a typical day like, any info is good, like is it min rest and 12 hour days? Am i cleaning and vacuuming the airplane myself? Can I get reasonably health food while working? Are the passengers reasonable to work with?
Old 07-20-2022, 08:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
121 regional guy looking for a change and a 15/13 schedule. What is a typical day like, any info is good, like is it min rest and 12 hour days? Am i cleaning and vacuuming the airplane myself? Can I get reasonably health food while working? Are the passengers reasonable to work with?
A lot depends on the fleet. The meat and potatoes is the XL and CJ3, I can only speak for those. A TYPICAL day is 4 legs with 2 being repos (my experience is the last flight of the day is typically a repo for the next day). I've had 5 leg days and I've sat in the hotel room with no flights (and everywhere in between). I can count my min rest days in the 7 months I have been here on 1 hand (maybe a stretch to two hands). Yes, you are cleaning and vacuuming yourself however its not as bad as it sounds. We typically only have 2-3 high end (well behaved) passengers and not many kids. Again, "TYPICALLY! " I have had 5 pax (3 kids) and a shedding dog. Typically in those cases we can call the company and have them schedule a cleaning. A typical cleaning is throwing away water bottles, snack wrappers, fix seat belts, and maybe 1x per day (or every other day) grabbing a hand held vacuum from the FBO and spend 10 minutes vacuuming. They very seldom send you from the hotel to the FBO and have you sit around. If you have no flights scheduled and you are coming up on check-out time, they will typically tell you to extend the night (unless they know a trip is upcoming). If you enjoy the randomness of not knowing where you will be flying tomorrow (as I do), 135 is pretty fun. I had 1 8 day rotation where I touched all 4 corners of the country (Seattle, Boston, Key West, Southern California)...you wouldnt find that a a regional!
Old 07-20-2022, 08:21 AM
Line Holder

Doesn't sound bad at all about cleanup. Better than manually loading thousands of pounds of freight yourself at 3 in the morning after a 4 hour flight knowing you have another 4 hour flight to go, and then offload the thousands of pounds of freight. Not trying to be rude, just poking fun at MrBreeze .

I haven't come across this yet, but what are the time frames of the flights? I'm assuming the obvious answer is mostly day time as I am assuming the majority of people don't want to fly in the middle of the night. But are there possibilities for red eye flights? What's the earliest/latest you usually start/end your days?
Old 07-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Majicalpepper View Post
Doesn't sound bad at all about cleanup. Better than manually loading thousands of pounds of freight yourself at 3 in the morning after a 4 hour flight knowing you have another 4 hour flight to go, and then offload the thousands of pounds of freight. Not trying to be rude, just poking fun at MrBreeze .

I haven't come across this yet, but what are the time frames of the flights? I'm assuming the obvious answer is mostly day time as I am assuming the majority of people don't want to fly in the middle of the night. But are there possibilities for red eye flights? What's the earliest/latest you usually start/end your days?
There is really no "usually" here. These are very wealthy people so unless they have to be somewhere early for a meeting or be somewhere at the end of the day, most flights are during the daytime. Sometimes you dont leave until afternoon, sometimes first thing in the AM. You dont see much VERY early am or VERY late PM but it occasionally happens.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:04 AM
Line Holder

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for the update!
Old 07-21-2022, 08:50 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by Majicalpepper View Post

I spent 20+ years emptying garbage cans and picking up trash off a CRJ-200 floor, thats no sweat, it's officially the FA's job, but when she's happy, you're happy Was more like fishing to find out if we have to despose of pee and poo from the not so advanced lavs ourselves as a worse case scenario.