Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 05:35 PM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
What about an applicant in the 2000-2500 hour range, about 1000 TPIC, with 2 years 135 PIC but only 25 multi?
Plane Sense?
That’s different but still if you don’t know Vmc from a smoking hole in the ground you’ll be in trouble in the sim.
I’d trust you with approaches to mins though.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Safety culture

I’m not sold on their safety culture. I was pressured several
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, “this is our best client. I know you’re fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, I’ll personally end you schedule for the day”.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

I would think twice before going there.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Company Minimums

After inquiry, I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete will get your foot in the door.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up First Citation X revenue trip tomorrow...

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
Is the 10 flying revenue trips yet?
Hey Fred,

The first Citation X revenue trip is tomorrow...
Old 03-27-2019, 07:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now
Default Ce750

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Fred,

The first Citation X revenue trip is tomorrow...
Very nice!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs down Sounds like a different company than mine...

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
I’m not sold on their safety culture. I was pressured several
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, “this is our best client. I know you’re fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, I’ll personally end you schedule for the day”.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

I would think twice before going there.
It sounds like you are talking about a different company than the one that I fly for. But just because something has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know here it flyExclusive.., doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen to you, but it is highly suspect. And here is why....

I say this because I have been specifically told but the CP and DO to “err on the side of caution” when considering what would have been a great trip, but WX was iffy enough that we called the CP and DO for a second opinion and they said no. They were right. Could we have done the trip safely? Yes.. Would it have been a bumpy as heck ride for our pax? Yes. Having flown at various 91K, 121, and 135 carriers, I am confident to say that our safety culture is just fine... Not to mention that we have former AA, SWA, etc. Captains AND FO’s here that don’t need the money and chose to fly for fun: Do you think that they would come here and stay here if we were some scumbag 135 company trying to fly like it’s 1999? And, we have retired applicants wanting to come here from AA, DL, SWA, UAL, UPS, etc, some who are Academy grads.

Also, we are quickly heading to 200 pilots and 50 airplanes, and we are TOO big to be pulling off this 1990’s 134 1/2 antics just to make ONE trip work out. It’s not like we are a 1 plane only company that is going to go out of business if we miss one trip... We use brokers, and because of this, they will call back even if we had a slip up in the past. We are flying the same A-listers that Netjets, XO, GAMA, Flex, TMC, etc. are, and we aren’ t going to sabotage that just to make one trip work. I personally have seen a few disappointed passengers that we weren’t able to serve due to WX or MX reasons, but we always explained to them WHY, in one word, we can’t complete their trip: SAFETY....

Also suspicious is the fact that your first post here on APC is a negative one about this Company. Maybe that’s just a coincidence.

After being here a year and a couple of weeks, I have seen nothing unsafe or improper regarding anything... MX, Ops, etc.: If I had seen the type of stuff that you allege, I would be on climbto350 looking for a job instead of challenging you. So I would have absolutely have no problem having my family on one of our planes and would also have no problem recommending flyExclusive to my fellow pilots. I absolutely disagree with everything that you said, but, congratulations on your first post and welcome to Airline Pilot Central Forums!
Old 03-28-2019, 02:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Fly Exclusive

One thing I recommended when I was there was the adoption of a ASAP program. It is a way to protect your airman certificate in event the feds attempt to violate you. It worked really well at my major airline and many 135s now have the program.

For some reason the DO was not in favor. I know there is considerable time and money involved setting up the program but I see ASAP as a recruiting and retention tool for the company. Perhaps FE has one in place by now.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up Absolutely agree, Fred.

Totally agree...

Our POI at Kitty Hawk was the former VP of Flight Ops at AA. Coming from an AA pilot family, I knew him from when I was 5. When Kitty Hawk got the ASAP program, he candidly said “Son, with the ASAP program, we (the FAA) treat pilots like Doctors treat other Doctors... You guys are officially airline pilots now and the FAA will treat you like professionals”. Initially, KH was against the ASAP program, but ended up loving it with the trove of data that they got through the ASAP program. It truly made for a safer airline. Of course, the pilots and the FSDO loved it too.

I don’t think that our DO is AGAINST the ASAP program at all... We have an excellent relationship with the GSO FSDO and our POI and I have heard talk that it is in our plans. I believe that we currently have set up an informal version with our FSDO now, with the intent of getting one sometime in the future. It’s just that we are not even 4 years old yet, but have gone from 3 planes in 2015, to 36 planes now: Setting up an ASAP program is a pretty big undertaking and takes time. You are correct that an ASAP program takes time, and dedicated commitments from the Company, the Pilots, and the FSDO. So, I don’t think that it will happen over night, but I definitely think that it will happen, even if only for our size and stratospheric growth.

I just spoke with our new Director of Safety on Tuesday, and he felt that we would have an ASAP program in the near future. As we are growing, I have no doubt that we will have one in place. I have heard that the FAA is considering mandating it for carriers over a certain size anyway.

Hey Fred, how long ago did you leave and where did you head off to? If you or any of your friends are looking, we are hiring like mad! And our DO and CP are great in that they have established a Company culture that if you were a good employee and gave adequate and respectful notice when you left, then they will welcome you back with open arms if your other pastures weren’t greener. Come back to us, Fred!!!! Come baaaaaaaaack!!! LOL..
Old 03-28-2019, 06:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
It sounds like you are talking about a different company than the one that I fly for. But just because something has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know here it flyExclusive.., doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen to you, but it is highly suspect. And here is why....

I say this because I have been specifically told but the CP and DO to “err on the side of caution” when considering what would have been a great trip, but WX was iffy enough that we called the CP and DO for a second opinion and they said no. They were right. Could we have done the trip safely? Yes.. Would it have been a bumpy as heck ride for our pax? Yes. Having flown at various 91K, 121, and 135 carriers, I am confident to say that our safety culture is just fine... Not to mention that we have former AA, SWA, etc. Captains AND FO’s here that don’t need the money and chose to fly for fun: Do you think that they would come here and stay here if we were some scumbag 135 company trying to fly like it’s 1999? And, we have retired applicants wanting to come here from AA, DL, SWA, UAL, UPS, etc, some who are Academy grads.

Also, we are quickly heading to 200 pilots and 50 airplanes, and we are TOO big to be pulling off this 1990’s 134 1/2 antics just to make ONE trip work out. It’s not like we are a 1 plane only company that is going to go out of business if we miss one trip... We use brokers, and because of this, they will call back even if we had a slip up in the past. We are flying the same A-listers that Netjets, XO, GAMA, Flex, TMC, etc. are, and we aren’ t going to sabotage that just to make one trip work. I personally have seen a few disappointed passengers that we weren’t able to serve due to WX or MX reasons, but we always explained to them WHY, in one word, we can’t complete their trip: SAFETY....

Also suspicious is the fact that your first post here on APC is a negative one about this Company. Maybe that’s just a coincidence.

After being here a year and a couple of weeks, I have seen nothing unsafe or improper regarding anything... MX, Ops, etc.: If I had seen the type of stuff that you allege, I would be on climbto350 looking for a job instead of challenging you. So I would have absolutely have no problem having my family on one of our planes and would also have no problem recommending flyExclusive to my fellow pilots. I absolutely disagree with everything that you said, but, congratulations on your first post and welcome to Airline Pilot Central Forums!
I guess we will just disagree. I saw a lot of lip service about safety etc but when it came to flying “our best client Apollo”, it was gloves off to the extent of getting 5 calls from Mike about completing the trip. That’s pressure and not needed especially after a crew fatigues.

Also, please don’t trivialize my “first comment”.

Bottom line, IMO, there are much better companies to go with.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Fly Ex

Hey 727:

I sent you a PM. I gave JH the contact info for a consulting company that does 95 percent of the paperwork for a ASAP program. One of the problems they have there is it is a long drive for the feds from GSO to Kinston. Feds do not like doing that often. My suggestion would be to rent a conference room at RDU for the ASAP meetings and event review committee. Much easier logistics for the feds.