FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
I guess we will just disagree. I saw a lot of lip service about safety etc but when it came to flying “our best client Apollo”, it was gloves off to the extent of getting 5 calls from Mike about completing the trip. That’s pressure and not needed especially after a crew fatigues.

Also, please don’t trivialize my “first comment”.

Bottom line, IMO, there are much better companies to go with.

Hey UTR,

Yeah, I guess I did trivialize your comment and I'm sorry about that. I did try to say that just because it didn't happen to me or my friends, doesn't mean that it didn't happen to you.

I just know from my previous experiences where I have had to make a stand under true duress from management, and that is something that I have never seen here nor have any of my friends either. I have worked at a place (not for very long), in the 1990's, where pilots were told "DO IT OR YOU'RE FIRED". And I can tell you that flyExclusive is not one of those pilot pushing companies.

Now, if I had ground the plane somewhere for MX or fatigue issues, which I have had to, I wouldn't be surprised to hear from more than just Flight Control as to what was going on, and maybe the Fleet Lead or CP making sure that I had consulted the MEL correctly. And I wouldn't take offense to that, nor would I be threatened about that either. 5 calls, maybe.., but we are just too big now to push a safety issue for just one trip or client. We have grounded for several clients for maintainance purposes in the Excel and there was never a problem or pushback. While we don't want to let a client down, we aren't going to compromise safety and risk it all for just one trip. I'm just saying that no one here gets threatened with their job for refusing to fly due to a safety concern...

Blue skies and I hope you are happy wherever you ended up.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
Hey 727:

I sent you a PM. I gave JH the contact info for a consulting company that does 95 percent of the paperwork for a ASAP program. One of the problems they have there is it is a long drive for the feds from GSO to Kinston. Feds do not like doing that often. My suggestion would be to rent a conference room at RDU for the ASAP meetings and event review committee. Much easier logistics for the feds.
Mx nor Ops side of the FAA have to be physically present at the ERC meetings. Monthly meetings were scheduled well in advance with Company reps in the conference room and the FAA on the speaker phone.

Contrary to urban legend, it’s not a get out of jail card for the crewmember. Generally speaking, the FAA will accept the decision of the company ERC representatives. Interviews, investigations, and in some cases, remedial training are required.

Last edited by captjns; 03-28-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:11 PM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

If an FO came on right at ATP mins, how long would it take to upgrade?
Old 03-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Official Answer:

Upgrades are currently running 6 to 18 months.

We need an Argus rated crew, so between 100 and 250 PIC in type is required for upgrade depending on the PIC time of the other crewmembers.

Total time, jet time, ability, attitude, maturity, performance reviews, and company needs would all be considering factors. Pilots are currently flying 40 or more hours a month.

On the CJ fleet, most all FOs are upgraded to Capt. after a year.

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
If an FO came on right at ATP mins, how long would it take to upgrade?
Old 03-30-2019, 04:23 PM
CFIing

With ATP mins and only about 100 multi, and 400 TPIC (PC-12), would this be competitive for the Encore?
Old 03-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Gulfstream Pilot

I think you are close to being competitive for Encore, especially with the PC-12 experience. I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete is the threshold.

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
With ATP mins and only about 100 multi, and 400 TPIC (PC-12), would this be competitive for the Encore?
Old 04-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
I’m not sold on their safety culture. I was pressured several
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, “this is our best client. I know you’re fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, I’ll personally end you schedule for the day”.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

I would think twice before going there.
Are you the guy that called in fatigued on the first day, before the first leg was even flown?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
Are you the guy that called in fatigued on the first day, before the first leg was even flown?
No but that's brilliant. My question to you is, would that even make any difference? Would it make a difference whether a pilot calls fatigued on day 1 or day last??

Please share your fatigue thoughts with us. I am curious to hear how you are rationalizing not using a system that is there to provide a safety margin.......

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Is FO pay negotiable for someone with 1000+ Part 135 PIC, just in the wrong jets? I understand the restrictions of being ARGUS rated.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Unfortunately, or fortunately not..

Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
Is FO pay negotiable for someone with 1000+ Part 135 PIC, just in the wrong jets? I understand the restrictions of being ARGUS rated.

Hey Hubbs,

Sorry, but we don't do that here, but I think that's a good thing for pilot morale purposes. It's bad for pilot morale to have some people to come in on top of people who have already been here and make more than the people who have already served the company. So we sort of run it like an airline....; You start out at first year pay..

Same thing with upgrades.. We are currently hiring street Captains for the Citation X only because nobody among our pilot group was X typed. But FO's come over from within to avoid a riot or revolving door.