Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 06-28-2022, 07:35 AM
  #501  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2022
Posts: 1
Default FE Interview

Originally Posted by SpanishPilot View Post
Thank you for the info! I really appreciate your help. What can I expect during the interview?


How did the interview go? What you expected?

Have heard great things about this company
Hawke01 is offline  
Old 06-28-2022, 09:26 PM
  #502  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 837
Cool Tool Aviodance……

Originally Posted by SpanishPilot View Post
Thank you for the info! I really appreciate your help. What can I expect during the interview?
Hey Spanish,

Our solemn mission here is “Tool Avoidance”, i.e., keep the “tools” out, and recruit and retain the great people.. We are actually pretty successful at it, thanks to our DO JH. Fortunately, I was able to slip through the cracks, 😂..

Getting hire here is like getting hired at the Majors back in tha day.. No Hogan Test, no logbook review board, and nobody is going to ask you what your spirit animal is or make you take a Sudoku test made up by a non-pilot type. It is very pilot-centric, and is mainly a test to see if you would be fun and professional on an 8 or 15 day rotation.

Just treat it like any interview.. Shower, shave, dress nice, and be yourself.. But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
B727DRVR is offline  
Old 06-28-2022, 09:30 PM
  #503  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Default

I have been at the company 6 months and here is what I have noticed. Overall I give the company a 9/10. I would equate it to a LCC on the 121 side. You are not going to make the money that you would make at NJ or FLEX (121 equivalent, the big 3), but that income, in my opinion, comes at the cost of QOL. I like not being worked to min rest on most days. I like the smaller company. At NJ or FLEX I believe you are just a number and the computer puts you in the "most efficient slot" regardless of time worked or anything else. I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement on hotels based on the fact they will take your recommendations (I doubt NJ or Flex do that). I have stayed at a few bad hotels but they ask for feedback and were all LARGE chain hotels in small towns. They cant know everything! My fear is they will grow into the next Flex of NJ and computers will take over everything! Great company and I have not encountered any hassles when things need to get done!
followingdreams is offline  
Old 06-29-2022, 06:34 AM
  #504  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Right Seat
Posts: 447
Default

Originally Posted by b727drvr View Post
but do be ready to answer “why here and not netjets, etc..”
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by Peabody17; 06-29-2022 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Needed to fix quotation marks.
Peabody17 is offline  
Old 06-29-2022, 06:15 PM
  #505  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Spanish,

But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
Why here? Because I’ve never met a happy Netjets pilot and I’ve never met a ****ed off FlyExclusive pilot.

JH was a bit incredulous that I wanted to leave a major airline job a year early… I guess he accepted my answer.

TC
AA717driver is offline  
Old 07-03-2022, 10:59 AM
  #506  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 150
Default

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Desi,

We currently only offer the 8/6 and 15/13 schedules here, and Like my esteemed colleague Peabody stated, neither Netjets or flyExclusive offer part-time as of now. I believe that Wheels Up group offers a part-time option.

Good luck!


thank you both for the replies.
Desiflyer is offline  
Old 07-03-2022, 11:21 AM
  #507  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Spanish,

Our solemn mission here is “Tool Avoidance”, i.e., keep the “tools” out, and recruit and retain the great people.. We are actually pretty successful at it, thanks to our DO JH. Fortunately, I was able to slip through the cracks, 😂..

Getting hire here is like getting hired at the Majors back in tha day.. No Hogan Test, no logbook review board, and nobody is going to ask you what your spirit animal is or make you take a Sudoku test made up by a non-pilot type. It is very pilot-centric, and is mainly a test to see if you would be fun and professional on an 8 or 15 day rotation.

Just treat it like any interview.. Shower, shave, dress nice, and be yourself.. But do be ready to answer “Why here and not Netjets, etc..” (Quick upgrades, live in the middle of nowhere, etc..). No real gotchas.

Good Luck!
Definitely like the “no tool” policy. Just curious about the two pilot interviews. Looks like the first pilot interview is by video. Other than wear decent apparel, be clean, and be yourself was it a basic HR interview or combined with a technical review. Doesn’t seem to be anything out there as a guide. If that goes well what is the second interview like?
Feliz6 is offline  
Old 07-04-2022, 12:47 PM
  #508  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Default

Originally Posted by Feliz6 View Post
Definitely like the “no tool” policy. Just curious about the two pilot interviews. Looks like the first pilot interview is by video. Other than wear decent apparel, be clean, and be yourself was it a basic HR interview or combined with a technical review. Doesn’t seem to be anything out there as a guide. If that goes well what is the second interview like?
My interview was short and to the point (It was only a phone interview). I wasnt asked anything hard just a lot of conversational questions while he spoke about FE and what they have going on. I was asked about my flying history and how much time in the last 6 months (I believe), so I believe they do want current pilots. I was asked ZERO technical questions (but maybe that is because I had a lot or recent instructing time) and it wasnt until I was offered a position that he said "Whoops I forgot to ask, any DUIs, legal issues or failed checkrides". I explained my failed checkrides pretty quickly and his response was "great, that checks that box". I do believe it is way more of a personality interview and based on the pilots I work with they do seem to do a great job sorting out the "tools".
followingdreams is offline  
Old 07-04-2022, 03:26 PM
  #509  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: KC-10
Posts: 4
Default 15-13 Schedule

Good afternoon everyone,

I read on this thread several posts back that the 15-13 schedule is the junior schedule. Am I correct in reading that everyone will be 15-13 until they have enough seniority to bid for an 8-6 schedule? If so, how long do you estimate one would be on the 15-13 schedule before being able to hold an 8-6 schedule?

Thanks

-Mojo
Mojo79 is offline  
Old 07-04-2022, 07:13 PM
  #510  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by Mojo79 View Post
Good afternoon everyone,

I read on this thread several posts back that the 15-13 schedule is the junior schedule. Am I correct in reading that everyone will be 15-13 until they have enough seniority to bid for an 8-6 schedule? If so, how long do you estimate one would be on the 15-13 schedule before being able to hold an 8-6 schedule?

Thanks

-Mojo
you get the option to chose which you’d prefer. Seniority not required. Keep in mind the 15/13 pays 10k more/year.
Joebob21 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
HwkrPlt
Part 135
127
01-27-2019 05:41 AM
Horia
Part 135
24
12-09-2018 05:07 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread