Old 04-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Hmmmm. Interesting…..
Old 04-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Fly or Die

Joined APC: Jan 2019

I saw that FE posted an update to their APC profile today. In there it has a pay scale for a “Commercial Rated First Officer.” Will the company consider a pilot with less than 1,500TT that has a commercial, ME rating, etc or is that pay scale for 1,500TT+ guys who just haven’t grabbed their ATP yet? I’m thinking the latter but figured I would ask to be sure.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

On the page for FE it shows salaries, which are quite low for the industry. Then they try to use per diem as a pay benefit, which it's not.

Conversely, their ads make claims such as "Earn $220,000 as a GIV pilot" or such. What's the truth on the pay? Seems like a lot of bait and switch.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ESQ702 View Post
I saw that FE posted an update to their APC profile today. In there it has a pay scale for a “Commercial Rated First Officer.” Will the company consider a pilot with less than 1,500TT that has a commercial, ME rating, etc or is that pay scale for 1,500TT+ guys who just haven’t grabbed their ATP yet? I’m thinking the latter but figured I would ask to be sure.
Typically ATP/CTP course and written needs to be completed. That’s your training pay rate essentially until the check ride and subsequent ATP cert.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by TommyDevito View Post
On the page for FE it shows salaries, which are quite low for the industry. Then they try to use per diem as a pay benefit, which it's not.

Conversely, their ads make claims such as "Earn $220,000 as a GIV pilot" or such. What's the truth on the pay? Seems like a lot of bait and switch.
Pay is actually pretty transparent, that said, their examples may have used a presumed average but we now have a set pay schedule based on years of service and a bonus structure that pays more for hours over 30/month. Extra days pay more as well. If your ambitious and flying a lot it’s totally feasible even on a light/mid jet to make significant money here. A few pilots likely pulling in 200- 300k or better. If you plan to come and work your regular rotation, enjoy time off, you’ll still do pretty well especially after captain upgrade. Paid health/dental/vision helps quite a bit as well. You’re right to not count per diem, but it’s easy to not spend it all in a rotation, unless you’re particularly fond of $50 hotel steak dinners. Sometimes I make enough in tip money to not spend any per diem. Of course the typical benefits of this side of the industry should not be discounted either, airline/hotel/rental car/fuel rewards points are yours to keep.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Fly or Die

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
Typically ATP/CTP course and written needs to be completed. That’s your training pay rate essentially until the check ride and subsequent ATP cert.
Totally agree, but if a guy is at 1,000 TT with a commercial multi will they consider that? It appears the answer is no (even if the CTP and ATM test is done).
Old 04-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ESQ702 View Post
Totally agree, but if a guy is at 1,000 TT with a commercial multi will they consider that? It appears the answer is no (even if the CTP and ATM test is done).
Without knowing for certain I don’t want to presume that the answer is no, I’d suggest reaching out to a recruiter. I suppose it could depend a lot on what those 1000 hours are in.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by TommyDevito View Post

The advertisement is smoke in mirrors. To my knowledge, they don’t even want us releasing the pay information because it’s “confidential”. So I’m not sure why you would want to work somewhere where the pay information is not made available to the candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I’m above 1500hrs with CTP/ATP written completed, would this allow me to be hired on the ATP FO pay scale rather than commercial pay scale?
Old 04-05-2022, 01:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
I’m above 1500hrs with CTP/ATP written completed, would this allow me to be hired on the ATP FO pay scale rather than commercial pay scale?

Yes. They will pay for your ATP at Flight Safety/CAE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk