Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL
Does liberal home-basing smaller airports include TVC?
not likely unless it’s served by several major airlines, multiple times a day. Question for a recruiter..,
Old 04-17-2022, 05:16 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Yes. There are guys based at airports with far less service than TVC. 👍🏼
Old 04-17-2022, 08:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool

Originally Posted by Joebob21
not likely unless it’s served by several major airlines, multiple times a day. Question for a recruiter..,
Hey all,

Joe Bob is correct about airline service required nearby, but I’m pretty sure that TVC fits this list. I jokingly say that I was mad a TVC because 3 years ago, I slipped on snow-covered ice, landed on the back of my head and got a non-LOC concussion. The Company airlined me out of there on UAL through DEN. Since I have been airlined in and out of KTVC, I believe that TVC would meet the standards required for a domicile.. But our DO makes the final call. With that being said, we have a pilot who lives in the middle of the woods near the Lake of the Ozarks and commutes to SGF to begin their rotations. My guess is that TVC is good provided it still has Regional Jet service there..
Old 04-17-2022, 08:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one

Originally Posted by B727DRVR
Hey all,

Joe Bob is correct about airline service required nearby, but I’m pretty sure that TVC fits this list. I jokingly say that I was mad a TVC because 3 years ago, I slipped on snow-covered ice, landed on the back of my head and got a non-LOC concussion. The Company airlined me out of there on UAL through DEN. Since I have been airlined in and out of KTVC, I believe that TVC would meet the standards required for a domicile.. But our DO makes the final call. With that being said, we have a pilot who lives in the middle of the woods near the Lake of the Ozarks and commutes to SGF to begin their rotations. My guess is that TVC is good provided it still has Regional Jet service there..
Can you use any approved airports at different times with flexibility? As in have a vacation home or visiting in another part of the country? Why the 1hr tether if you are taking a scheduled flight to meet a plane on the first day? Even if you fly the same day and count DH, the FAA has never counted personal drive to the airport against duty day. Or is it an advance ticket purchase $ issue? Seems like destination airport is a moving target based on where you meet the aircraft…
Old 04-17-2022, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool I think that you will be fine..

Can you use any approved airports at different times with flexibility? As in have a vacation home or visiting in another part of the country? Why the 1hr tether if you are taking a scheduled flight to meet a plane on the first day? Even if you fly the same day and count DH, the FAA has never counted personal drive to the airport against duty day. Or is it an advance ticket purchase $ issue? Seems like destination airport is a moving target based on where you meet the aircraft…
Hey TANST,

I live mostly near ILM and sometimes in SMF, and they start me wherever I am. Other pilots here commute from Italy and Scotland to whatever airport that they can get to, and then start their rotations. Believe me, I don’t think that wherever you want to live in the Lower 48 and PR will be a problem.. Just tell them what you need to do and they work with you.. They have let me finish up in BNA to empty a storage unit, and have let me start out of MCO after we took my son to Universal.. They really work with you and I have never been told no. They currently aren’t doing HI and AK, though..
Old 04-20-2022, 08:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Do you have a range of prices for health insurance for a spouse or Domestic Partner?

TC
Old 04-20-2022, 05:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool I'll email them to you..

Originally Posted by AA717driver
Do you have a range of prices for health insurance for a spouse or Domestic Partner?

TC
Hey TC, I will email them to you.. But full disclosure, they wont be as good as AA's, LOLlll
Old 04-21-2022, 06:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Got ‘em. Not as much different from AA’s as you would think.👍

TC
Old 04-21-2022, 09:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2022
Default DEC's

Doesn't it seem odd that the company is hiring direct entry captains with a 2 year training contract but they aren't upgrading FO's? It's almost as if they know they have these direct entry captains on the hook for 2 years and purposely put off the FO's for upgrade who they know are on the hook for a year. It's a win-lose situation for the current pilots.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by 135burner
Doesn't it seem odd that the company is hiring direct entry captains with a 2 year training contract but they aren't upgrading FO's? It's almost as if they know they have these direct entry captains on the hook for 2 years and purposely put off the FO's for upgrade who they know are on the hook for a year. It's a win-lose situation for the current pilots.
They are in fact upgrading FO’s. A lot of them. Its complex as we have our own processes and standards when it comes to upgrade, not simply a seniority based guaranteed upgrade. Improvements to QOL on the road and pilot retention is a priority here. They don’t wait until contract expiration to consider you for upgrade, but they do consider Argus/Wyvern mins, Turbine time, multi time, and other things that can affect insurance costs. So if it’s published upgrade times you need, the 121 world does a great job of this, or even some of our competitors, years down the road. You can bet that you’ll be an FO here for less time than nearly anywhere else.