Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 04-16-2022, 07:39 PM
  #441  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 169
Default

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL
Does liberal home-basing smaller airports include TVC?
not likely unless itís served by several major airlines, multiple times a day. Question for a recruiter..,
Joebob21 is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 05:16 AM
  #442  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL
Does liberal home-basing smaller airports include TVC?
Yes. There are guys based at airports with far less service than TVC. 👍🏼
sky303 is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 08:19 AM
  #443  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 921
Cool

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL
Does liberal home-basing smaller airports include TVC?
Originally Posted by Joebob21
not likely unless itís served by several major airlines, multiple times a day. Question for a recruiter..,
Hey all,

Joe Bob is correct about airline service required nearby, but Iím pretty sure that TVC fits this list. I jokingly say that I was mad a TVC because 3 years ago, I slipped on snow-covered ice, landed on the back of my head and got a non-LOC concussion. The Company airlined me out of there on UAL through DEN. Since I have been airlined in and out of KTVC, I believe that TVC would meet the standards required for a domicile.. But our DO makes the final call. With that being said, we have a pilot who lives in the middle of the woods near the Lake of the Ozarks and commutes to SGF to begin their rotations. My guess is that TVC is good provided it still has Regional Jet service there..
B727DRVR is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 08:54 AM
  #444  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TANSTAAFL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one
Posts: 784
Default

Originally Posted by B727DRVR
Hey all,

Joe Bob is correct about airline service required nearby, but Iím pretty sure that TVC fits this list. I jokingly say that I was mad a TVC because 3 years ago, I slipped on snow-covered ice, landed on the back of my head and got a non-LOC concussion. The Company airlined me out of there on UAL through DEN. Since I have been airlined in and out of KTVC, I believe that TVC would meet the standards required for a domicile.. But our DO makes the final call. With that being said, we have a pilot who lives in the middle of the woods near the Lake of the Ozarks and commutes to SGF to begin their rotations. My guess is that TVC is good provided it still has Regional Jet service there..
Can you use any approved airports at different times with flexibility? As in have a vacation home or visiting in another part of the country? Why the 1hr tether if you are taking a scheduled flight to meet a plane on the first day? Even if you fly the same day and count DH, the FAA has never counted personal drive to the airport against duty day. Or is it an advance ticket purchase $ issue? Seems like destination airport is a moving target based on where you meet the aircraftÖ
TANSTAAFL is offline  
Old 04-17-2022, 10:03 AM
  #445  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 921
Cool I think that you will be fine..

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL
Can you use any approved airports at different times with flexibility? As in have a vacation home or visiting in another part of the country? Why the 1hr tether if you are taking a scheduled flight to meet a plane on the first day? Even if you fly the same day and count DH, the FAA has never counted personal drive to the airport against duty day. Or is it an advance ticket purchase $ issue? Seems like destination airport is a moving target based on where you meet the aircraftÖ
Hey TANST,

I live mostly near ILM and sometimes in SMF, and they start me wherever I am. Other pilots here commute from Italy and Scotland to whatever airport that they can get to, and then start their rotations. Believe me, I donít think that wherever you want to live in the Lower 48 and PR will be a problem.. Just tell them what you need to do and they work with you.. They have let me finish up in BNA to empty a storage unit, and have let me start out of MCO after we took my son to Universal.. They really work with you and I have never been told no. They currently arenít doing HI and AK, though..
B727DRVR is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 08:27 AM
  #446  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 294
Default

Do you have a range of prices for health insurance for a spouse or Domestic Partner?

TC
AA717driver is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 05:11 PM
  #447  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 921
Cool I'll email them to you..

Originally Posted by AA717driver
Do you have a range of prices for health insurance for a spouse or Domestic Partner?

TC
Hey TC, I will email them to you.. But full disclosure, they wont be as good as AA's, LOLlll
B727DRVR is offline  
Old 04-21-2022, 06:11 AM
  #448  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 294
Default

Got Ďem. Not as much different from AAís as you would think.👍

TC
AA717driver is offline  
Old 04-21-2022, 09:42 PM
  #449  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2022
Posts: 2
Default DEC's

Doesn't it seem odd that the company is hiring direct entry captains with a 2 year training contract but they aren't upgrading FO's? It's almost as if they know they have these direct entry captains on the hook for 2 years and purposely put off the FO's for upgrade who they know are on the hook for a year. It's a win-lose situation for the current pilots.
135burner is offline  
Old 04-22-2022, 05:50 AM
  #450  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 169
Default

Originally Posted by 135burner
Doesn't it seem odd that the company is hiring direct entry captains with a 2 year training contract but they aren't upgrading FO's? It's almost as if they know they have these direct entry captains on the hook for 2 years and purposely put off the FO's for upgrade who they know are on the hook for a year. It's a win-lose situation for the current pilots.
They are in fact upgrading FOís. A lot of them. Its complex as we have our own processes and standards when it comes to upgrade, not simply a seniority based guaranteed upgrade. Improvements to QOL on the road and pilot retention is a priority here. They donít wait until contract expiration to consider you for upgrade, but they do consider Argus/Wyvern mins, Turbine time, multi time, and other things that can affect insurance costs. So if itís published upgrade times you need, the 121 world does a great job of this, or even some of our competitors, years down the road. You can bet that youíll be an FO here for less time than nearly anywhere else.
Joebob21 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
HwkrPlt
Part 135
127
01-27-2019 04:41 AM
Horia
Part 135
24
12-09-2018 04:07 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices