Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey AA717,

No problem doing Part 91 contract flying, but we pay $1000 per extra day for the Excel, so it would have to be better than that for me to do extra somewhere else. Several of us have done Part 91 gigs on the side, including me, but our Company pays better now making other places really have to step up on contract pay.
Thanks. After I posted that question, I started thinking more about the extra day pay. It would be tough to top.

TC
Old 04-09-2022, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

One thing I learned about contract flying is that you sometimes roll into a situation where the plane isn't ready to go - expired charts, databases, mx - you name it. It can be a real PITA if you're not always working with the same airplane. Picking up extra flying at your primary gig is a good way to avoid that BS.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Default FlyExclusive Launches Fractional Ownership

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...M2IbvCWlc5uG4A

-starting with an order for 30 Cessna Citation CJ3+'s

-all the company's other jets will also be available for fractional ownership
Old 04-10-2022, 12:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Retired from AA AND NetJets?!?!

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post

AirBear!

You are retired from NetJets AND AA?!?! That's pretty awesome. Our CP is a retired NJA guy that decided he missed flying, but didn't want to return as an FO. We are hiring like mad if you get bored, LOL!
Old 04-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool I thought that this was an April Fools thing.

So I was flying last week and the guy that I was flying with got a text from one of our fellow pilots attending the flyExclusive family picnic and 7th Birthday celebration.. It said, among other things, that they had announced that we had this deal with Textron, that we were building a Training Center, and that there was a hotel with a restaurant, bar, and observation deck being built at the ISO airport... It was April 2nd, so I thought that it was a belated April fools joke, but it turned out to be legit, LOL.. Exciting times around here..
Old 04-11-2022, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Validating my guess that fractional and charter would explode post-Covid. There were tons of people on the fence as to whether to go private or buy First Class tix on the airlines. I know which way I would jump in that position.

TC
Old 04-11-2022, 09:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

AirBear!

You are retired from NetJets AND AA?!?! That's pretty awesome. Our CP is a retired NJA guy that decided he missed flying, but didn't want to return as an FO. We are hiring like mad if you get bored, LOL!
After 13 years I was caught in the big 2003 furlough at USAirways, did 2 years in Regional Airline purgatory, then got hired at NJA. In 2007 I was recalled to USAirways but declined and took early retirement.
I lost my medical in 2017 but luckily had LOM insurance so I don't need to work. Technically NJA has no retirement, you just quit. There's a CLT pilot initials T.H. who I think flies a Sovereign with you guys. His wife is a nurse for one of the most popular AME's in CLT. I ran into him at a monthly pilot breakfast and he was telling me about FlyExclusive.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool TH and his Wife, AH, are GEMS..

After 13 years I was caught in the big 2003 furlough at USAirways, did 2 years in Regional Airline purgatory, then got hired at NJA. In 2007 I was recalled to USAirways but declined and took early retirement.
I lost my medical in 2017 but luckily had LOM insurance so I don't need to work. Technically NJA has no retirement, you just quit. There's a CLT pilot initials T.H. who I think flies a Sovereign with you guys. His wife is a nurse for one of the most popular AME's in CLT. I ran into him at a monthly pilot breakfast and he was telling me about FlyExclusive.
Hey AirBear,

Yeah, we were super lucky to get TH as he was one of the first pilots that I recruited when I was grounded from flying. Funny thing, his Wife and Dr. Hudson were instrumental in me getting my medical back after my concussion. If you can get your Medical back, we could use you, LOL! Our CP is a retired Netjets pilot, who left and then decided to return to flying again. If you need an AME who will fight for you, Dr. Hudson is the one. Not to be too personal, but could you get your Medical back? If not, FSI, CAE and others are backed up for months due to lack on Instructors. Also, I feel where you are coming from regarding the furloughs.. It’s not totally unusual for someone from my era, but I have been through 5 furloughs, LOL, and my great 121 gig ended in 2008.

Take care AirBear!
Old 04-16-2022, 11:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Hey AirBear,

Yeah, we were super lucky to get TH as he was one of the first pilots that I recruited when I was grounded from flying. Funny thing, his Wife and Dr. Hudson were instrumental in me getting my medical back after my concussion. If you can get your Medical back, we could use you, LOL! Our CP is a retired Netjets pilot, who left and then decided to return to flying again. If you need an AME who will fight for you, Dr. Hudson is the one. Not to be too personal, but could you get your Medical back? If not, FSI, CAE and others are backed up for months due to lack on Instructors. Also, I feel where you are coming from regarding the furloughs.. It’s not totally unusual for someone from my era, but I have been through 5 furloughs, LOL, and my great 121 gig ended in 2008.

Take care AirBear!
Thanks. I didn't have to go out on medical. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and my glucose levels were getting into the very unhealthy range, but still below the FAA limit. In 2017 I had a long talk with my Endocrinologist about the long term damage I was doing and that's what made me go on stronger meds the FAA wouldn't allow. To get my medical back I'd have to drop some of the stronger stuff I'm on and that would run my numbers back up again. And it would take about a year for all the tests and paperwork.

Currently I walk 6 miles everyday and my glucose levels went below the diabetic threshold last August. That's the first time since 2005 I've been below the threshold but it's taking 5 medications and the walking to do that.

Also, the LOM policy pays me more than I would make as a F/O and I still have 3 more years before it runs out at age 68.5. I do miss the fractional flying but it doesn't make sense health wise or money wise to go back.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one

Does liberal home-basing smaller airports include TVC?