Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 06:17 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default DM sent

B727DRVR,

Sent you a couple messages. Not sure if they have gone through?
Old 03-20-2022, 06:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by Flyer0193 View Post
I’d be good with a 15/13. Would like to know how much of that 15 on is sitting around the hotel/airport. Also, how often do they want you to fly on your off days?

I’ve sat broken 6+ days my last two rotations. Whereas colleagues of mine were min rested and max dutied. If a vacant plane is sitting in PBI and you’re broken in TEB, expect to airline to the fixed plane. If no planes are available, best get that late checkout at the hotel.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:02 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2020
Position: FO EMB145
Default 15/13

Originally Posted by meitnerium View Post
I’ve sat broken 6+ days my last two rotations. Whereas colleagues of mine were min rested and max dutied. If a vacant plane is sitting in PBI and you’re broken in TEB, expect to airline to the fixed plane. If no planes are available, best get that late checkout at the hotel.
Right on. Are there opportunities to fly on your off time as well?
Old 03-20-2022, 10:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Been a little busy…. Sorry, I will reach out.

Originally Posted by CapnGraybush View Post
B727DRVR,

Sent you a couple messages. Not sure if they have gone through?
Sorry Gray,

I will reach out in the next few days…
Old 03-20-2022, 11:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool

Originally Posted by meitnerium View Post
I’m jealous, LOL!

I was one of those colleagues…. You’re welcome, 😂 It’s all good.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flyer0193 View Post
I’m not opposed to the 15/13, however, would like to know how much of that 15 is airport/hotel standby and how often are you called to fly on your off days.
Hey Flyer,

While it may be fleet dependent, you can count on flying most if not all those days, but maybe not day 1 or 15.. It just depends. Like my colleague said, if we don’t have a trip assigned the next day, then we ask for a late checkout from the hotel.. Since most of us are Hilton Diamond or Marriott Titanium members, that means a 2 PM or 4 PM late checkout. By that time, we normally know if we need to extend our hotel rooms or to head to the airport for a trip. But no, we do very little FBO Rot compared to many of our competitors/partners. As busy as things are now, I don’t expect to spend much time sitting in the hotel to the point that I no longer bring my PlayStation with me.

Our days off are days off, so they can’t make you fly, but often ask for volunteers. Currently, bonus pay for flying or training on a day off is $750 SIC/$1000 PIC. Super bonus days are $1000 SIC/$1500 PIC, and Christmas/New Years are $2000/$2500.

*ASTERISK* - Our VP of Flight Ops just sent out an email to please work with them on sim training scheduling due to a shortage of sim slots and available sim instructors, and they are paying Bonus Day pay, not just Daily Rate, if you train on a scheduled day off. The way this Company is, I am sure that they will work with you if you couldn’t do so as they have worked with me personally. But I wanted to include this * as an occasional disclaimer.

Otherwise, no, they don’t mess with you on your days off. Have I gotten home a day late? Yes, 3 times in 4 years but 2 of those were the fault of my 2 leg Regional commute home. I have gotten home a day earlier much more often than my 3 days late, but I haven’t kept track of how often I get home a day early. I guess my answer would be “a lot”…
Old 03-21-2022, 04:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2020
Position: FO EMB145

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Flyer,

While it may be fleet dependent, you can count on flying most if not all those days, but maybe not day 1 or 15.. It just depends. Like my colleague said, if we don’t have a trip assigned the next day, then we ask for a late checkout from the hotel.. Since most of us are Hilton Diamond or Marriott Titanium members, that means a 2 PM or 4 PM late checkout. By that time, we normally know if we need to extend our hotel rooms or to head to the airport for a trip. But no, we do very little FBO Rot compared to many of our competitors/partners. As busy as things are now, I don’t expect to spend much time sitting in the hotel to the point that I no longer bring my PlayStation with me.

Our days off are days off, so they can’t make you fly, but often ask for volunteers. Currently, bonus pay for flying or training on a day off is $750 SIC/$1000 PIC. Super bonus days are $1000 SIC/$1500 PIC, and Christmas/New Years are $2000/$2500.

*ASTERISK* - Our VP of Flight Ops just sent out an email to please work with them on sim training scheduling due to a shortage of sim slots and available sim instructors, and they are paying Bonus Day pay, not just Daily Rate, if you train on a scheduled day off. The way this Company is, I am sure that they will work with you if you couldn’t do so as they have worked with me personally. But I wanted to include this * as an occasional disclaimer.

Otherwise, no, they don’t mess with you on your days off. Have I gotten home a day late? Yes, 3 times in 4 years but 2 of those were the fault of my 2 leg Regional commute home. I have gotten home a day earlier much more often than my 3 days late, but I haven’t kept track of how often I get home a day early. I guess my answer would be “a lot”…

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Working with the company on days off doesn’t bother me. Sometimes you just do what needs to be done. The main reason I ask about days off is because I’d like to still try and work at CAE on the side doing their right seat program if possible. Also, does Amphibious still work there? I had emailed him my resume back in October of 2020 I believe and I have updates that will hopefully be more competitive now. Or should I just apply and send everything to the website?

Thanks again guys!
Old 03-23-2022, 08:17 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Sorry Gray,

I will reach out in the next few days…
Thanks. I know you’ve crazy busy.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default PM Sent

Originally Posted by CapnGraybush View Post
Thanks. I know you’ve crazy busy.
PM Sent.. Talk to you soon.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2022

rst, let me say that the management at Fly Exclusive is awesome. I can tell they really want the company to be successful and really care about their employees. They call everybody a "flyFamily" *red flag*, but it's good-intentioned. Regardless, I also want them to be successful.

That being said, they seem out of touch with the industry, and very disorganized. Everything is tribal knowledge and nothing is set in stone. They told us in indoc we would be captains in less than 6 months. They said we needed two captain recommendations to fly empty Part. 91 legs from the left seat, and then two more recommendations flying from the left seat to be eligible for captain upgrade. I had those recommendations in less than 2 months on the line. When I asked what the next what the next steps were for upgrade, I was told it was dependent on a combination of recommendations, experience, hours, and aptitude. Quite different than what we were told in indoc.

That's great, but I have plenty of experience (121 captain experience, albiet) and several internal recommendations at FE. When I inquired about a seniority list, they published a a seniority list that didn't include fleet positions or seat positions. Not very transparent. Seemingly to hide the fact that many junior direct entry captains were flying the line. But rest assured! A memo said direct entry captains wouldn't affect current FO upgrades! A junior pilot from my class is captain, while senior guys are making FO pay. Call me old-fashioned, but I think we bypassed FO's deserve captain pay until we upgrade at the very least.

Also, the latest new hire class had 10 direct entry captains, while all of the loyal FO's are still making FO pay. Interesting. All of the drama aside, we get paid hourly bonuses (to keep flying broken planes, which happens alot). You hit 30 hours in a month, you get and extra $50 - $150 per hour to keep flying, depending on which fleet you're on.

All stereotypical pilot *****ing aside, flyExclusive is definitely a good stepping stone for pilots on the way to their final destination. I hope someday FE becomes a final destination.