Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 09:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
My interview was short and to the point (It was only a phone interview). I wasnt asked anything hard just a lot of conversational questions while he spoke about FE and what they have going on. I was asked about my flying history and how much time in the last 6 months (I believe), so I believe they do want current pilots. I was asked ZERO technical questions (but maybe that is because I had a lot or recent instructing time) and it wasnt until I was offered a position that he said "Whoops I forgot to ask, any DUIs, legal issues or failed checkrides". I explained my failed checkrides pretty quickly and his response was "great, that checks that box". I do believe it is way more of a personality interview and based on the pilots I work with they do seem to do a great job sorting out the "tools".
Thank you for the response. The more I research the company the more I like about their operation and future goals. Looking forward to speaking with a recruiter. Thanks again, appreciate it!
Old 07-12-2022, 06:38 AM
Line Holder

Default Call Sign

What is the Fly Exclusive call sign?
Old 07-12-2022, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool We don’t know yet..

They just put forward call signs for approval, but we haven’t heard anything yet.. I put forward some cool suggestions.. Panther (Carolina), Baller, Gangsta, etc., but they haven’t gotten back to me yet, 😂…. In the mean time, we are using the JS tail numbers, and good Lord.. with pushing 90 jets, we need a callsign YESTERDAY,,,
Old 07-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
They just put forward call signs for approval, but we haven’t heard anything yet.. I put forward some cool suggestions.. Panther (Carolina), Baller, Gangsta, etc., but they haven’t gotten back to me yet, 😂…. In the mean time, we are using the JS tail numbers, and good Lord.. with pushing 90 jets, we need a callsign YESTERDAY,,,
Panther would be cool. Could see Baller as well.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:50 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Default Would I be considered?

I’m am somewhat of a non traditional applicant looking for a career change: I’m 47 and have about 2200 total, 200 multi with ATP written completed. I own my own aircraft, M20J, and have been averaging about 150 hours a year in support of my current role as an executive at a large FBO chain. I fly a good bit and my missions are typically IFR/XC 200-400nm. Have CFI/CFII and degree in Aero Sci from that place in Daytona. I have been on the FBO side of the business since I was a teenager but figure now is a good time if I am going make the move. I’m typed in an EMB505 (crew member) and have access to a friends 310r so my multi time will start increasing when I can find the time away from my current job. If my time is not competitive now, what is considered competitive at Fly Exclusive?
Old 07-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: E-175 FO

Originally Posted by Zero4lima View Post
I’m am somewhat of a non traditional applicant looking for a career change: I’m 47 and have about 2200 total, 200 multi with ATP written completed. I own my own aircraft, M20J, and have been averaging about 150 hours a year in support of my current role as an executive at a large FBO chain. I fly a good bit and my missions are typically IFR/XC 200-400nm. Have CFI/CFII and degree in Aero Sci from that place in Daytona. I have been on the FBO side of the business since I was a teenager but figure now is a good time if I am going make the move. I’m typed in an EMB505 (crew member) and have access to a friends 310r so my multi time will start increasing when I can find the time away from my current job. If my time is not competitive now, what is considered competitive at Fly Exclusive?
You either haven’t read this forum thread, or literally any APC threads, or you’re lying about your current experience level because with the experience you stated and having the smallest insight into what’s going on in aviation today, you ought to know the answer… I’ll make it easy- DUH!
Old 07-17-2022, 02:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2022
Default Interested

Hi all. I've read from this page back 16 pages and so far I have become very interested in this company. While reading, I haven't found an answer for what I'm looking for. I haven't gone through all the pages in the thread, so I apologize if this has been asked. Will FE consider applicants below the listed minimums, like what the regionals do with flight schools in the sense of going through the interview and such?

I can't PM anyone, so if someone currently working here could reach out to me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 07-17-2022, 04:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Majicalpepper View Post
Hi all. I've read from this page back 16 pages and so far I have become very interested in this company. While reading, I haven't found an answer for what I'm looking for. I haven't gone through all the pages in the thread, so I apologize if this has been asked. Will FE consider applicants below the listed minimums, like what the regionals do with flight schools in the sense of going through the interview and such?

I can't PM anyone, so if someone currently working here could reach out to me, I would greatly appreciate it!
I have not heard them consider anyone less than minimums. They also require you to have you ATP/CTP complete before applying. If you had that done and we a few hundred hours short, they MAY talk to you and tell you to call them when you reach the required times.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Okay thanks for the info. I'll hold out for my last 140 hours and try to knock out the ATP CTP.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation What Dreams said…

Originally Posted by Majicalpepper View Post
Okay thanks for the info. I'll hold out for my last 140 hours and try to knock out the ATP CTP.
Hey pepper,

I will echo what Dreams said.. Be sure to get your ATP-CTP Course (and ATP Written) and First Class Medical completed BEFORE you apply. Otherwise, those knock out questions will stop you from going further in our application process. Keep up the good work.