Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

A while back I spoke with one of their recruiters about flying there. I am not looking for a FT gig. He mentioned a once-per-month, 8-day shift that was appealing until he mentioned the pay. It worked out to just over 500 bucks a day for a Captain which is close to what my outfit pays for FO's. Does anyone know what the current pay per 8-day shift is?

For example, I know a Citation Bravo guy in the DC area who makes $1100 per day and another in BOS who brings in $1200. I realize that those may be outliers, but $500 is far too low for a Captain in my opinion and based upon the others I have spoken with in the 135 world. Unless of course he's got 3 DUIs and a storied history with the FAA.
Old 12-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool I think that you are on the wrong thread..

Originally Posted by golikhel View Post
What is FDP? I thought that applied to all 135 operations.

That was from a Netjet thread. The same 57 hours there in FDP divided into two 8 day tours, 28.5 hours per tour minus 10 hours would be 18.5 × 148. = $2738. per tour, $5476. total FDP for the 57 hours that month, but 33% $1807. goes into 401k, and 67% $3669. goes into paycheck. FDP is the same for SIC and PIC so quite a difference for the SIC, $4100. more for the same amount of flying that month
Hey Golikhel,

I think that you are quoting the wrong thread. You are quoting my man Das Auto, who is a fellow VNR survivor who was at Wheels Up and he now moved on to NetJets. Our bonus starts at 30 hours and anything above it is $50/Hr. for SIC and $100/Hr. for PIC. My last 2 rotations were 70.1 hours and 75.7 hours respectively.
Old 12-04-2022, 07:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool This only applies to current pilots..

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
A while back I spoke with one of their recruiters about flying there. I am not looking for a FT gig. He mentioned a once-per-month, 8-day shift that was appealing until he mentioned the pay. It worked out to just over 500 bucks a day for a Captain which is close to what my outfit pays for FO's. Does anyone know what the current pay per 8-day shift is?

For example, I know a Citation Bravo guy in the DC area who makes $1100 per day and another in BOS who brings in $1200. I realize that those may be outliers, but $500 is far too low for a Captain in my opinion and based upon the others I have spoken with in the 135 world. Unless of course he's got 3 DUIs and a storied history with the FAA.
Hey Bat,

The 8 day schedule that you mentioned is a fledgling program ONLY for PIC's who have been here. It doesn't make financial sense for the Company to pay to type someone off the street and only get 8 days out of them right off the bat right now when we are still getting plenty of candidates willing to work our 8/6 schedules and our 15/13 schedules. We do have a few pilots currently on that schedule, but only a handful. That could change, but for now it is only open to current PIC's.. I might even take them up on it some day.

I believe that JetLinx and Wheeps Up might currently offer the 8-20 schedule... Give them a try.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: B-767 Captain
Talking Fly Exclusive 8/20 Part Time PIC

Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post

Right here dude. After you've been at F.E. as a FULL timer PIC. Part time's an option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Screenshot (120).jpg (20.7 KB, 286 views)
Old 12-05-2022, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Question Where did you get that screenshot?

Originally Posted by screamin jet View Post
Right here dude. After you've been at F.E. as a FULL timer PIC. Part time's an option.
Hey Screamin,

Where did you get that screenshot? Thanks,
Old 12-05-2022, 07:23 AM
time for crew rest

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: B777 Captain
Default Strange thing...

I did two interviews at FlyExclusive. The first was introductory and the second was the technical interview with director of training. Both went well. At the end of the second she said, "I'm going to recommend you" (to be hired?) and said that the D.O. Jeremy Mammen would be calling. It would be a phone call, not a video interview type call. That was Nov 17. She said don't expect a call next week because he will be on vacation all week (Thanksgiving holiday week). Still no call 18 days later. Is that normal?
Old 12-05-2022, 08:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by got2fly View Post
I did two interviews at FlyExclusive. The first was introductory and the second was the technical interview with director of training. Both went well. At the end of the second she said, "I'm going to recommend you" (to be hired?) and said that the D.O. Jeremy Mammen would be calling. It would be a phone call, not a video interview type call. That was Nov 17. She said don't expect a call next week because he will be on vacation all week (Thanksgiving holiday week). Still no call 18 days later. Is that normal?
I would not sweat it. I interviewed in early November it took a week for the official invite so them being on vacation makes sense. They are having problems getting sim slots. My start date is not until Jan 23rd. They will probably call this week.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:58 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022

Heres what a Netjet pilot makes in OT vs a Flyexclusive pilot. Also, keep in mind that FE uses flight time, and NJ uses block time.

FE overtime pay starts at 30 hours flight time, after that a captain make 100/hr and a FO makes 50/hr.

From the NJ site on Airline Pilot Central:
"Flight Duty Pay Program: All pilots, regardless of seat, fleet, schedule, or seniority are paid $148 per block flight hour after exceeding 10.0 block hours in a single tour as of December 30, 2020."

So, a 50 hour tour will be worth the following, (with a 10% deduction for block vs flight):

Netjets Captains and FOs will earn $5920.00 in OT pay. (50 block hours - 10hrs * 148)

A Flyexclusive Captain will earn $1800.00
In OT pay. (50 block hours - 30 hrs = 20 hrs - 10% = 18 hrs * 100)

A Flyexclusive FO will earn $900.00

Their is also a 300% payout if the company gets you home after midnight, FE is 100%.

Night flights earn an extra $50 per hour. FE makes no distinction between day and night
Old 12-05-2022, 03:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Originally Posted by Vmo plus 10 View Post
Heres what a Netjet pilot makes in OT vs a Flyexclusive pilot. Also, keep in mind that FE uses flight time, and NJ uses block time.

FE overtime pay starts at 30 hours flight time, after that a captain make 100/hr and a FO makes 50/hr.

From the NJ site on Airline Pilot Central:
"Flight Duty Pay Program: All pilots, regardless of seat, fleet, schedule, or seniority are paid $148 per block flight hour after exceeding 10.0 block hours in a single tour as of December 30, 2020."

So, a 50 hour tour will be worth the following, (with a 10% deduction for block vs flight):

Netjets Captains and FOs will earn $5920.00 in OT pay. (50 block hours - 10hrs * 148)

A Flyexclusive Captain will earn $1800.00
In OT pay. (50 block hours - 30 hrs = 20 hrs - 10% = 18 hrs * 100)

A Flyexclusive FO will earn $900.00

Their is also a 300% payout if the company gets you home after midnight, FE is 100%.

Night flights earn an extra $50 per hour. FE makes no distinction between day and night

That is kind of green apples to golden apples though.. Netjetss schedule is 7 days, I think 8 is optional but 7 day is default, you start on sunday you get home saturday and off sunday through saturday and back out on sunday...

So in a 7 day tour a pilot would likely not see over 35 hours, average might be 30 x 2 per month, so 30 - 10 to start the money wheel.. is 20 hours x 148 = $2960. times two per month, = $5920. for the two 30 hour tours each month.

That getting home after midnight on day 7 money is quite a bit more at netjets, a first year FO would get $1200. and a 10 year PIC would get $2900. it probably never happens

I believe at Netjets the company must get you home within your 14 hour duty day or they put you in a hotel and get you home the next day and have to pay you the 3 days pay for not getting you home within your duty day even if its before midnight. Flyexclusive is the same there I believe

Last edited by golikhel; 12-05-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool Don't worry.. It was just the Holiday weekend

Originally Posted by got2fly View Post
Hey got2fly,

Don't worry... I am sure that it is due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. Also, Jeremy is not our D.O.... Jon H is. Jon just broke his leg this weekend, so that my also be adding to your delay. Keep us posted if you don't hear anything and we can reach out to someone to check for you..