Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 12:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B200

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
You are incorrect about the Netjets part.. If you have any doubts about this statement for the Netjets part, anyway, I encourage you to reach out to our 6 Alumni who are new hires at NetJets, especially the ones stuck on the Phenom. I, too, was shocked that they were making less than I thought they would be. They all have great things to say, but money is not one of them.. Don’t get me wrong.. Anybody who has followed me on here since 2008 knows I love me some NetJets and have high 2 digits friends there, both new hires and those with 25 years there (before it became a decent place to work in 2005, with their Industry-leading contract). Your statement lacks also perspective in that you will be upgrading and building PIC jet time here at FE most likely within the year. I remember when UPS, FDX, and SWA were dismissed like Allegiant is today, and their pilots were leaving to go to the “Majors” in droves only to regret it after September 11, 2001.

Netjets is a fantastic Company with unmatched benefits, a great pilot group, an excellent, hard-earned CBA, and I regularly advise pilots to go there (No, I don’t get a referral, LOL).. But it is not for everyone, especially the like me who wanted a quick upgrade. If this is not important to you, then I absolutely encourage you to reach out to our Alumni over there and get it from the horses mouth.

Bottom Line: Perspective will show you that, as a relatively new Company (in comparison to NJ and Flex), we have a lot of catching up to do and that catching up takes time just like it did for Southwest, who wasn’t paying what United did and their Captains were making UAL F/O pay. Netjets was paying less than FlightOptions, which was the go-to, quality operator of the late 1990’s/early 2000’s. This is nothing new. The one thing that I didn’t hear you mention about our 7.6 year-old Company in your comment was any comparisons to XO, WUP, or other peers, also all older than we are. I would consider it a compliment for a 7.6 year-old Company even being mentioned in the same breath as Netjets or Flex. But that’s just me..
Executive Jet fixed it with a union. SWA fixed many of their early disparities with UAL by offering stock options to the pilots. How is FlyExclusive gonna fix it, and the staffing has to be fixed or the company will fade? I simply have no patience for the rich, who have had a 50-year free ride in N. America and now need to start to remediate some of their wrongs.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:41 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022
Default Hiring dilemma

OK first world problem.

I have a offer to start at flight excusive. Starting as an FO (71K) with a 6 month upgrade to captain. I have plenty of time, just not a type in a small jet. I also have an interview for Premium Jet as a starting captain (120K). I think FE is great company just not sure what to do. If anyone has any input I would sure like to hear it.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2022, 03:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default FE - Uber related question

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Yep, that’s true. That along with parking reimbursement are items that they still need to address…
Good Evening and a quick question,
I read that FE does not pay for airport base parking,
Are they paying for the Uber ride from home to the Airport on 1st duty day and the Uber ride back home from the airport back home on day 8?
TIA.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by medfly21 View Post
OK first world problem.

I have a offer to start at flight excusive. Starting as an FO (71K) with a 6 month upgrade to captain. I have plenty of time, just not a type in a small jet. I also have an interview for Premium Jet as a starting captain (120K). I think FE is great company just not sure what to do. If anyone has any input I would sure like to hear it.

Thanks
Do you want to take home $4200 or $6900 a month? A friend hired on at FlyExlusive almost a year ago and says upgrades are not happening in the 560XL because Captains are fat.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by cucv View Post
Good Evening and a quick question,
I read that FE does not pay for airport base parking,
Are they paying for the Uber ride from home to the Airport on 1st duty day and the Uber ride back home from the airport back home on day 8?
TIA.
They do not pay for you to get to or from the airport on your rotation. I think these are the types of things FE will look at versus giving across the board increases in salary.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

OK first world problem.

Thanks
I tried to look up "Premium Jets" and could not find anything except a company in Zurich. If you would like to post a link to the website or give more info it would help. #1 question is schedule, FE is 8/6 or 15/13 (for 10k more per year). #2, should there be a recession, where would you prefer to be? Depending on the fleet, upgrades are certainly at 6 months for the light jets. I am not sure of the larger jets and what their upgrade time is. I'm at FE and can say I am very happy and feel I could stay here long term.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

All I’ll add is the folks I know at FE are absolutely the kind of people I would want to fly with! I’m not saying the ones at Jet are not…I’m just adding what I know.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool That is a tough one.

OK first world problem.

Thanks
That’s a tough one, Medfly…. To begin with, I am the worlds worst Recruiter because I regularly recommended that people at least consider 121, Netjets pays better, etc., so I am a Pilot first, Recruiter second.. With that said, I really need more information to give you an honest answer.

You say that you have an offer with FE, but an “interview” with Premium Jets.. Although, these days an interview is almost as good as an offer, my first thought would be would you rather have a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush, as they say? Other than the INITIAL pay, you haven’t specified what the advantages are for going to Premium Jet, such as is the schedule written in stone, or do they do the “you get 8 HARD days off per month, unless the Principal wants to fly and then we’ll make it up to you”, LOL.. You mentioned that the pay is 120K, but what is the progression of pay and progression of different jets for transition and upgrade (It looks like we both flew EMS from your username, and you know how EMS pays starts out decent, but often stagnates after..)? Also, how many jets and pilots does Premium have? Currently, we are pushing 100 jets and have passed 330 pilots if you count those like you that are awaiting INDOC, so there is definitely strength in numbers and we have 30 new CJ3+s, 14 XLS+ Gen 2s, and 7 Longitudes, coming, so this is turning out to be a huge operation.

Bottom Line: If this were UPS that we were talking about, with a ton of friends there and knowing a lot about them, I would absolutely say run to UPS, but I don’t know enough about Premium Jets because there is no information on the web or on the APC Airline Py Profiles page about them. If we were talking about Netjets, I would say go there if quick upgrade time is not pivotal to you and you wanted to go to a great, established company. But if this is Premier (rather than Premium Jets), I would encourage you to compare our APC Pay Profile page to theirs, and I think that you would probably decide to come here.. While it is true that we have not yet caught up to NetJets or Flexjet yet, we have come from behind and equaled or surpassed many other competitors in terms of pay, benefits, size, and stratospheric growth and we don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Good luck with your decision and feel free to PM me with any questions…. I don’t get any referral bonus per pilot, so I have no reason to be disingenuous with you. Whatever you decide, I will be happy for you because when just one pilot wins, we all win..
Old 12-01-2022, 06:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Talking

Originally Posted by Peabody17 View Post
All I’ll add is the folks I know at FE are absolutely the kind of people I would want to fly with! I’m not saying the ones at Jet are not…I’m just adding what I know.
As Ali G says, Peabody…. “Much RESPEC!!!”, 😂. I just spoke to MS the other day and he is still clinging to the X, vs. the 300…. I told him how well you were doing at Netjets and how much Chase was enjoying Baker…. He sent his good tidings if I talked to any of y’all..

Take care…
Old 12-01-2022, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
I tried to look up "Premium Jets" and could not find anything except a company in Zurich. If you would like to post a link to the website or give more info it would help. #1 question is schedule, FE is 8/6 or 15/13 (for 10k more per year). #2, should there be a recession, where would you prefer to be? Depending on the fleet, upgrades are certainly at 6 months for the light jets. I am not sure of the larger jets and what their upgrade time is. I'm at FE and can say I am very happy and feel I could stay here long term.
Glad that you are happy here, Dreams….

I think that we may have chatted on here before you started and were deciding whether to come here, so I hope that I gave you a good and honest steer.. While we still have a way to go with improvements to pay and benefits, I feel that we are on the right trajectory and have never regretted my decision to come here or stay.. One thing that I am stoked about from the Pilot call the other night is that we may be going back to picking our own hotels from the new app…. Hello Marriott Ambassador! 😆 I hope to run into you one of these days out on the road…