Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 01:21 PM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by deadstick35 View Post
I’m thinking they had a tendency to break. So a failure at the takeoff position would not be grounding. If the failed up, takeoff numbers could be funky depending on the airport and conditions.
I’ve never had one and never heard of one.
I’m asking a buddy lol
Old 08-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Flaps Zero!

First leg of Citation Sovereign IOE-flaps to Zero after landing, per the checklist. No deviations, SOPs, technique, etc. AND btw-there are no performance numbers for a flaps Zero takeoff in the Citation Sovereign.
IMG_5936.jpg

Next...Next, the Eight Bucks at Subway...one call, thats all. I have never had an issue when I requested catering getting it. UTR69 is spot on, frequently a $70 smorgasbord board from Jason's Deli. Worse I got was a recovery assignment after an early morning trip where flyExclusive flight control got the line guys to run to McDonalds for a bag full of biscuits and breakfast burritos because that was all that was available on short notice and the Mickey D's was much appreciated. I also know of a crew who had a similar situation at Bar Harbor & a sack full of Lobster Rolls from the place across the street was approved to be charged to the AMEX.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Your pedestal is dusty. Better vacuum/MEL it

Amphibian,

I don’t know, mannnn... That pedestal looks a little dusty: You had better shake your tail and get a vacuum or else write the whole darn airplane up as unairworthy. You guys need to get with the program and leave your flaps set for Takeoff like your homies in the Excel.

And I don’t believe you about the Lobster Rolls.. I think that you are making it up and that you are a bad man... Actually, once we got mis-catered out of BOS, with a seafood extravaganza (YUCK!) including Lobster, shrimp, etc.. I was probably the only pilot who ever would have complained as I abhor seafood. Now Del Taco, now yer’ talkin’...

Have a great trip and congratulations on the 680 IOE.

LOL.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
First leg of Citation Sovereign IOE-flaps to Zero after landing, per the checklist. No deviations, SOPs, technique, etc. AND btw-there are no performance numbers for a flaps Zero takeoff in the Citation Sovereign.
Attachment 4627
I’m pretty sure that the 680 wasn’t even certified when these problems/procedures began for the Citations 500/501/550/551/560.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Turning money into noise.

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Yeah there’s a more technical reason for it too....although I forgot
I can only speak to the 525's, but to service the hydraulic system you need flaps T/A and gear down. I believe that is the only condition under which the sight gauge is accurate. There's a placard on the reservoir about it. This way if you need a top off, there's no need to start engines just to move the flaps (although I've never needed one in 5+ years of Citation flying).

Whatever. Silly thing to complain about.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

I’ve requested crew meals 45 mins upon landing by email.....never had a problem....there always good meals and there always there when we land.....I think dispatch and maintenance do a great job....go to dispatch and stand around 20 mins......they are very busy....they have lots to do!....you will understand and appreciate them more if you actually go there and see how busy they are...there always very nice and will answer questions you have about the operation....Also, the DO, Chief Pilot and President will always take the time to stop and listen to your Concerns and help you with anything you Need....It’s a Great Place to work and Would encourage anyone to come here and fly!
Old 11-30-2019, 02:33 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019
Position: F-15C Pilot
Default Random queations

Hey all,
I’m a previous F-15E, current F-15C guy who is applying to FE. Despite teaching at GSB for almost 4 years, I only just found about FE the other week... nevertheless. I have a couple of questions about FE lifestyle if y’all don’t mind pitching in to provide a few answers.
Do most of your trips start at ISO or do you travel to where the planes currently are? Also I saw some info on the website about reserve. Do you sit a lot of reserve, and If you do, is that in the ISO area? Lastly, as the pilot, what other duties do you fill during the flight (baggage handler, weather guy, etc)? It doesn’t really matter much to me, but it would be nice to go into any potential interviews with a bit of an expectation of what the life might be like. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Gulfstream Pilot

First, Thank You for your service to our country.

ISO Base: Most all of our trips start from airports where planes are located. Very few trips originate from ISO, with the exception of occasional RTS after maintenance/Doc inspections there. flyExclusive has a floating fleet w/ home basing for pilots. We really don’t spend much time at the ISO operations center.

Reserve: Occasionally, a crew member will be assigned “At home on Standby” for part or their entire rotation (Not on days off between rotations). In this case, the pilot would be home and can be called out on a few hours notice for travel to crew a plane. An example of cause for an “At home on standby” assignment is other crew member is sick, so pilot assigned at home on standby has no one to fly with and it’s pointless to send them to a plane.

Other duties: Short answer-Everything that needs to be done. We do everything including; greet & brief passengers, load bags, plan flights, check weather, verify and load catering on plane, restock snacks/beverages, complete post flight interior cleaning, list goes on & on.

Bottom line is we are delivering a high-end product to high-end clientele and we often have to step outside the job description of Pilot.

Originally Posted by soflguy View Post
Hey all,
I’m a previous F-15E, current F-15C guy who is applying to FE. Despite teaching at GSB for almost 4 years, I only just found about FE the other week... nevertheless. I have a couple of questions about FE lifestyle if y’all don’t mind pitching in to provide a few answers.
Do most of your trips start at ISO or do you travel to where the planes currently are? Also I saw some info on the website about reserve. Do you sit a lot of reserve, and If you do, is that in the ISO area? Lastly, as the pilot, what other duties do you fill during the flight (baggage handler, weather guy, etc)? It doesn’t really matter much to me, but it would be nice to go into any potential interviews with a bit of an expectation of what the life might be like. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:25 PM
All is fine at .79

Position: Paahlot

Anything outrageous is usually taken care of by the trip broker and/or a specialized catering company.
You may get a request for only Coca-Cola products or only Pepsi products or nut allergy’s or severe pet allergies.
You may need to read the ingredients on everything you have stocked.
I’ve had all of the above.
The pet allergy was the very flight after a trip with three blonde Collies.
Spend half an afternoon with sticky taped wrapped around my hands on everything carpeted.
About half the passengers show on time, 25% shows late ( from a little to a lot) and 25% show early
I would take ETD -30 min and use that to file the flightplan. Pick up the clearance an hour early.
Plane is locked, stocked, Ground power hooked up and FMC loaded 30 min before planned departure time.
You or your buddy is waiting in the FBO.
Pax show early, shake hands, say everything is ready would you like to use the facilities before you go?
Send your buddy in the airplane a discrete text, walk them out pass them over to your buddy who does strap in and safety brief while you load the luggage.
Lock the door, say welcome aboard, take your seat and go.

Fun times.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: in a Big Box that moves back,forth, up, down and makes cool sounds

That was a VERY entertaining 15 pages of reading over my morning coffee.
��

And enlightening.....

I learned that there our(sic) pilots out their(sic) that need some lessons in 4th grade grammar. It’s a good thing that grammar and spelling ourn’t required skillz to fly a airplane.

Holly Kow

Klonnie