Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey UTR,

That’s a pretty accurate description of our operational tempo and hotel life. The only amendment that I would like to make is that we GET to pick our hotels, rather than being forced to... A Netjets pilot walked up to us and said... “You guys HAVE to pick your hotels, huh”, and then one one thousand, two one thousand.. wait of it.. “You guys GET to pick your own hotels.... That’s pretty awesome”.

This is the first place that I have had that option and love it. Believe me that I would never go back to having my hotels selected by scheduling that got the contract by cutting out free breakfast; Been there done it.. Great idea about the FlightAware tracking
I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. I’d be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if there’s a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. That’s laughable. After 2 years I’ve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. I’m top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good —have a family and it’s terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. I’ve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they don’t they don’t that’s about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.

Last edited by 1212135; 05-17-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Lightbulb Please tell me where I “insulted” anyone...

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
Hey B727DRVR
While I’m not for or against Fly exclusive. There compensation is low. Even as compared to GAMA. Insurance while free for pilot (have a wife or kid) there goes your entire paycheck. A pilot will ***** about everything but in today’s pilot shortage market if you can even offer the same package another carrier does I don’t know if I’d sit on a high horse insulting pilots for wanting better. Give free healthcare to pilots and families then you can call us cry babies. But to be lowest pay or close to it and McDonald’s worker type premium for family insurance I’d be careful insulting pilots for wanting better. I embarrassed for fly exclusive when it comes to that. Most regional airlines have better insurance premiums and coverage and there’s all blow. Like I said I have no beef with fly exclusive but until your company can offer at least 1 industry leading perk please don’t insult pilots. You may one day be bigger than NJA and GAMA XOjet Flex Jet but even the mighty are finding ways to stay ahead of the next competitor as far as compensation. So to not even be on par or barely on par with current market levels Is gonna put you at a disadvantage.

But like I said I hope Fly Exclusive does well. But the comment about a pilot wanting a checked mailed after doing nothing. I can remember the days if you didn’t have 5,000+ hours a company like yours wouldnt even waste the ink sending an “email” politely rejecting them. So times have changed and if I was that pilot that asked for the check to be mailed.I’d say remember how pilots got treated in 2010. Pay backs a “B” to any management unless they were offering Top QOL PAY and Insurance. And keep in mind your pilots are leaving for other 135 carriers too. The deck of cards ( Pilots) gets continuously shuffled.
Duuuuuuuuuuuude..

I don’t know where to begin. Please tell me where I insulted anyone....: Anyone that knows me, and my profile here, knows that I am a defender of pilots. I don’t even really attack people on here that are disingenuous.... If I do go after them, I try to be funny about it.

I started my last response with a lighthearted joke about the subject matter, which was meant to be funny. The point that I was trying to make when you somehow got insulted was that the Company is only 4 years old: It is UNREASONABLE to assume that the Company can provide some of these perks that our deep pocket competitors provide, overnight. The fact that we come as close as we do to some of our competition, in just 4 short years, is pretty amazing.

Again, sure I wish that we had a 7/7 schedule and better insurance, but I’m also glad that we don’t have a 10/5 or a 10/8 schedule. Could the pay be better? Sure... Have they done periodic pay raises? Yes they have, and I’m sure that they will have to do more to keep up. The same with insurance; As we gain more employees, we will have more bargaining power and the insurance will get better.

In conclusion, I didn’t insult anyone... I simply don’t think it is realistic to expect a 4 year old company that is not Kenny Dichter or Warren Buffet supported, to already have a Netjets schedule or GAMA pay.., thus my joke. And I remember how bad things were at Netjets prior to their Industry Leading Contract that their pilots fought for. I also remember how crappy Southwest was considered in the 90’s and even up to 2000, compared to the “Majors”.... I’m not saying that we will turn into a SWA or Netjets, but we aren’t doing bad for a 4 year old company.

If anyone was offended though, please accept my apologies................
Old 05-17-2019, 09:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs down Ummmm.... OK

I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. I’d be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if there’s a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. That’s laughable. After 2 years I’ve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. I’m top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good —have a family and it’s terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. I’ve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they don’t they don’t that’s about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.
Man,

You sure are getting worked up about a company that you don’t work for... Again, NOWHERE did I insult any pilot or company here. When I did mention other companies, I only mentioned excellent, enviable companies who started out with bad schedules and or pay then improved with age.

Sounds like you are a GAMA guy, and GAMA is an amazing company with great benefits, good pay, good schedule, etc. I know this because I am a former VNR pilot, and I have about 60 friends who are still there or have passed through after we shut down in 2013. I have a similar number of friends who went to Executive Jet (Now Netjets) when our airline furloughed in 2001-2002, and I know how far they came since 2005.

I NEVER said that we have an open ended credit card when it comes to hotels, I said that we get to pick our own hotels. Like many, I am a Hilton guy and I often look for the best deals there. And yes, I also stay at the Holiday Inn Express unapologetically.... We police ourselves in getting reasonable lodging, close to the airport, BTW.... I have never gotten any pushback for going over $135. Obviously, we stay in MVY, ACK, HTO, Super Bowl venues where rooms have exceeded $700 per night: I promise that we didn’t sleep on the FBO couch just because the price exceeded $135.

And please list here where I am “trashing” other companies and “insulting” pilots from my “high horse”, LOL. Seriously, you show where I trashed them and I will apologize. Of course I didn’t, so I won’t have to.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 AM
Line Holder

Man,

You sure are getting worked up about a company that you don’t work for... Again, NOWHERE did I insult any pilot or company here. When I did mention other companies, I only mentioned excellent, enviable companies who started out with bad schedules and or pay then improved with age.

Sounds like you are a GAMA guy, and GAMA is an amazing company with great benefits, good pay, good schedule, etc. I know this because I am a former VNR pilot, and I have about 60 friends who are still there or have passed through after we shut down in 2013. I have a similar number of friends who went to Executive Jet (Now Netjets) when our airline furloughed in 2001-2002, and I know how far they came since 2005.

I NEVER said that we have an open ended credit card when it comes to hotels, I said that we get to pick our own hotels. Like many, I am a Hilton guy and I often look for the best deals there. And yes, I also stay at the Holiday Inn Express unapologetically.... We police ourselves in getting reasonable lodging, close to the airport, BTW.... I have never gotten any pushback for going over $135. Obviously, we stay in MVY, ACK, HTO, Super Bowl venues where rooms have exceeded $700 per night: I promise that we didn’t sleep on the FBO couch just because the price exceeded $135.

And please list here where I am “trashing” other companies and “insulting” pilots from my “high horse”, LOL. Seriously, you show where I trashed them and I will apologize. Of course I didn’t, so I won’t have to.
You mentioned all pilot ***** about everything in a earlier post. I believe if non of us worked we would still want a check mailed to us. Sound familiar??? Let’s cut the BS your insulting pilot for wanting better lives. 8/6 while industry standard is horrible. Meaning FE can’t offer it and when people ask you to see why FE isn’t offering it you resort to stories indicating pilot are cry babies for wanting a better life. We know your a recruiter for FE that fine. FE probably is a good company.But insulting pilots for wanting the best quality of life as being crybabies because you can’t match NetJets. So to justify your shortcomings you insult pilots. So I decided to pick on you and your company. As a desk jockey you may get to see your family most nights other pilots are out busting their asses day in and day out to make a life for them or their families and so when we want to try to get better life for us and them you insult us. ***Also some of your pilots run there mouth to much on the road and talk “ Stuff about other companies”. So While today my anger may be directed at you because we know you’re there recruiter. Talk to your pilots about talking negative about other companies on the road.***

Last edited by 1212135; 05-18-2019 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:46 AM
Line Holder

Man,

I will be clear so you don’t take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little “ joke of cry baby pilots”. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now there’s a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider there position really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. That’s fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare them..

Last edited by 1212135; 05-18-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool Stan

I will be clear so you don’t take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little “ joke of cry baby pilots”. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now there’s a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider there position really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. That’s fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare them..
Aww man, you ruined it for me!!!

Just when I was just about to invoke lyrics from Stan (Why are you so mad, and understand that I do want you as a fan...) you had to bring up good points..... Shame on you.

Seriously, and believe me for reals, NOBODY wants a 7 on / 7 off schedule here more than I do, having enjoyed it at VNR and 121 Cargo. But I am pretty sure that it will happen at GAMA first, as I feel that they have deeper pockets and have been around longer. You also have more pilots to push for that schedule, as your pilots pushed to oust the 6/3 schedule of old. And if a 6 on / 8 off schedule pops up anywhere, it will be at Netjets, and all us 135 pilots would be all over that.. long upgrade to PIC and all.

Finally, while I am not a desk jockey, I am a line pilot helping out with recruiting, so you are half right. But with as many friends that I have at GAMA from Hector on down, GAMA would be the last place that I would choose to diss. I haven’t heard about our pilots dissing you all, but I promise you I am totally against it. Pushing others down to raise yourself up is definitely not the way to attract and retain pilots. If I hear something said about you all, I will definitely speak up.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:02 AM
Line Holder

Aww man, you ruined it for me!!!

Just when I was just about to invoke lyrics from Stan (Why are you so mad, and understand that I do want you as a fan...) you had to bring up good points..... Shame on you.

Seriously, and believe me for reals, NOBODY wants a 7 on / 7 off schedule here more than I do, having enjoyed it at VNR and 121 Cargo. But I am pretty sure that it will happen at GAMA first, as I feel that they have deeper pockets and have been around longer. You also have more pilots to push for that schedule, as your pilots pushed to oust the 6/3 schedule of old. And if a 6 on / 8 off schedule pops up anywhere, it will be at Netjets, and all us 135 pilots would be all over that.. long upgrade to PIC and all.

Finally, while I am not a desk jockey, I am a line pilot helping out with recruiting, so you are half right. But with as many friends that I have at GAMA from Hector on down, GAMA would be the last place that I would choose to diss. I haven’t heard about our pilots dissing you all, but I promise you I am totally against it. Pushing others down to raise yourself up is definitely not the way to attract and retain pilots. If I hear something said about you all, I will definitely speak up.
Thank you that’s all I ask is some of your pilots respect others... I have no beef with FE and if people come your way I hope they do well. Lying and scare tactics have no place in the 135 world. So if anyone was offended by my previous post I apologize and to FE Pilots.
However I have personally been told by one of senior pilot at (FE) “GAMA gonna be dropped like a prom dress”. And “they are giving FE all there planes so you better come work for us today or else”. And then states Because your cost are high. But truth be told “ are cost are high”. But we boost of the industry leading 99% customer satisfaction rating with customers. Money can’t buy that. And are contract was just renewed with WUP. So to say Gama will always be around forever is a lie to. But we aren’t going anywhere fast either. Let’s work together and not whipsaw each like the regionals did years ago. And I would hope that if Gama is able to secure 7 x 7 that FE would be able to piggyback off of our gains. Not to benefit the company per se but to benefit the pilots who are on the line every day and want to see their family more .

Last edited by 1212135; 05-18-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Jumping in on the ******* Show!

In my third year here as a line pilot in dissipating CJ fleet.

1) I just received a 12th pay increase since starting in April 2017.

2) I can count on one hand the number of nights I have stayed at a Holiday Inn express here. I am both a Hilton Diamond member and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member. I stay mostly in Marriott propers, a Courtyard as second choice.

3) The cost of family health coverage and low 401k matching are the two biggest negatives. But, if your single or your spouse has a career also, it’s not that big of a deal to some of us. Atleast the employee has zero cost full medical coverage.

4) The leadership of this company has done everything they said they were going to do. They have been good to myself and many others; given us opportunities I don’t believe would have been offered elsewhere.

5) Quality of Life and job security are important to me. I believe most have those two things at fly Exclusive.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

[QUOTE=1212135;2822343]I will be clear so you don’t take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little “ joke of cry baby pilots”. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now there’s a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider theirposition really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. That’s fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare

Their, fixed it for you
Old 05-18-2019, 11:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default Quick question!

[QUOTE=Amphibian;2822414]In my third year here as a line pilot in dissipating CJ fleet.

1) I just received a 12th pay increase since starting in April 2017.

2) I can count on one hand the number of nights I have stayed at a Holiday Inn express here. I am both a Hilton Diamond member and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member. I stay mostly in Marriott propers, a Courtyard as second choice.

3) The cost of family health coverage and low 401k matching are the two biggest negatives. But, if your single or your spouse has a career also, it’s not that big of a deal to some of us. Atleast the employee has zero cost full medical coverage.

4) The leadership of this company has done everything they said they were going to do. They have been good to myself and many others; given us opportunities I don’t believe would have been offered elsewhere.

5) Quality of Life and job security are important to me. I believe most have those two things at fly Exclusive.

Health insurance is not an issue with me and I like Holiday Inn Express. Are they still hiring FO’s? Also, how many different captains do you fly with in a month?