Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Edge

Old 01-17-2022, 02:33 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by fitflyer View Post
How's the training? They have several openings for captains. I'm a CA on the e175 in the 121 world and wondering how feasible it would be to go in as a CA there. I get that a lot of that comes down to the pilot, but....there are training programs...and there are training programs. :-)
I quit working for them last year. You can look up my long overview of Jet Edge on another thread regarding the company.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a direct entry captain position unless you are already typed and have some time in type. Primarily due to insurance and Wyvern platinum requirements. Also be warned that 91/135 flying is very different from 121. Expect to do everything yourself. I've flown with several pilots who were retired 121 guys. Most of them adjust but a lot struggle with the change.

In regards to training, expect to be sent to CAE at either Dallas or Morristown (for gulfstreams anyway). The CAE folks at both locations are great. You'll also have to do CBT's for all the other stuff for the company. You are expected to go to training on your off rotation which is total BS. No additional pay or incentive.

Like I said though, I quit last year so they may have changed things. In short, not the worst company but there's definitely better operations out there. If you get assigned on the Gulfstream fleet the pay is below industry standard.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

How do they handle over 65 PIC on international trips? Keep you out of those countries? Paper PIC? Don’t hire old guys…?

TC
Old 03-19-2022, 08:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Cloud 9 View Post
Am on the challenger at Jet edge, most captains here on my equipment is between 140-165k and FO is at 85-100k. If that is below industry standards please point me in the right direction. The home based guys or floating fleet works on 2 schedules and it’s up to the crew to do either a 15/13 or 11/9. Travel day on both ends so the 15 then 13 hard days off. Otherwise am pretty happy here , been here 4plus years and I never really had an issue with the company. There are things I wish they do better but for what’s it worth most guys are happy here. There are a lot of jobs out there.
I have an interview there and would like some pointers please. I sent you a message as well
Old 03-19-2022, 08:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by maxr View Post
I quit working for them last year. You can look up my long overview of Jet Edge on another thread regarding the company.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a direct entry captain position unless you are already typed and have some time in type. Primarily due to insurance and Wyvern platinum requirements. Also be warned that 91/135 flying is very different from 121. Expect to do everything yourself. I've flown with several pilots who were retired 121 guys. Most of them adjust but a lot struggle with the change.

In regards to training, expect to be sent to CAE at either Dallas or Morristown (for gulfstreams anyway). The CAE folks at both locations are great. You'll also have to do CBT's for all the other stuff for the company. You are expected to go to training on your off rotation which is total BS. No additional pay or incentive.

Like I said though, I quit last year so they may have changed things. In short, not the worst company but there's definitely better operations out there. If you get assigned on the Gulfstream fleet the pay is below industry standard.
I have an interview there and would like some pointers please. I sent you a message as well
Old 04-24-2022, 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Gratuitous bump. Not much information out there. I posted on another aviation forum…crickets.

TC
Old 05-08-2022, 12:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Corporate

Anyone care to chime in on how things are going at JetEdge? Someone currently there would be preferable, someone on the Challenger 300/350 even more so.

Thanks….
Old 05-11-2022, 01:55 PM
Salty Dog

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Captain

I am currently a captain on the CL30 and new to large Part 135. I've been spoiled most of my career and never flown for a large operation like this, mostly cherry Part 91 gigs. Here are my pros/cons:

Pros:
1. Great leadership team. CP and DO are great guys and are phenomenal leaders.
2. Great support staff. Most everyone really does a great job and will bend over backwards to help you out.
3. Great equipment. Most of the aircraft they fly are recently purchased with new paint and interiors. When they purchase an older 300 they upgrade the avionics and Wifi.
4. Safe operation. If something is broke, or the conditions are not safe to conduct the flight, no question asked, write it up, or make the call. They might talk it through to ensure they understand all the circumstances and agree with the decision, but the PIC is never pressured beyond his/her comfort level.
5. Pay. There are better paying gigs out there, but as far as Part 135 operations, this is pretty decent. $160K plus $10K bonus for 1st year captains.
6. Benefits: Medical and dental plans are great with relatively low copays and premiums.
7. No nickle/diming. Onboarding is very organized and they pay for all uniforms, iPads, KCM badge. We stay in Marriotts or Hiltons (your choice), they put you on your choice of airline, rental cars provided in most overnights, and even reimburse you for tips on the road. You get your own CC
8. Great culture. So far (I've only fown for a few months), everyone I've met has been professional and enjoyable to fly with.
9. They aren't vaccine-crazy. The leave this up to you and don't pressure you one way or another.

Cons:
1. I'm still getting used to the 15 days on. It is a little much, and there is chatter about going to an 8/6. I hope that happens.
2. Ops tempo. Some days can be long with two to three legs and over 8 hours of flight time. I haven't had to call in fatigued, and not every day is like that, but prepare to work.
3. I personally enjoy the cabin duties, but if you aren't used to corporate or charter work, be prepared to focus a lot on cleaning/catering/throwing bags/shopping for stock when low, etc. The more effort placed on these activities, the better your tips are...and they can be good!
4. It's a big company (especially now with the Vista merger). I do often feel like a number compared to the smaller 91 departments.
5. Transitioning to a new jet/bigger jet requires sitting right seat for about a year with right seat pay. I hope this will change one day, as it would be nice to be able to move up within the company without taking a huge pay cut each time.

I'm not sure I'll make this place my career, but I have no big complaints, and thoroughly enjoy working here for now.

Hope that helps.

Now key the nay sayers....
Old 05-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Dash—Thank you! Is the feeling that JE will be kept separate from Vista and XO for a while? I have talked to an XO guy here and they are one of three top choices for me. I just have Gulfstream experience and naturally gravitate toward that (but I’m screwed by the ICAO age restrictions on Int’l). I’ll fly whatever I’m assigned but I’m just comfortable with the Gulfstream world.

Any further input is greatly appreciated.

TC
Old 05-12-2022, 06:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Corporate

Thanks Dash, good current info on JE has been hard to come by. Any idea on how long they’ll continue to hire for the 300/350? Are they still actively adding CL30 Airframes?
Old 05-23-2022, 07:21 AM
Salty Dog

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
Dash—Thank you! Is the feeling that JE will be kept separate from Vista and XO for a while? I have talked to an XO guy here and they are one of three top choices for me. I just have Gulfstream experience and naturally gravitate toward that (but I’m screwed by the ICAO age restrictions on Int’l). I’ll fly whatever I’m assigned but I’m just comfortable with the Gulfstream world.

Any further input is greatly appreciated.

TC
Based on the All-Call zoom meeting with Bill himself, and what I've heard through the "rumor mill," this is what they are planning: JE will eventually be merged into Vista's top tier membership class. This would include the Global, Challenger, and Gulfstream fleets. For now they are going to simply change the logo on the tails of the JE aircraft and leave the color scheme. All the aircraft in this fleet will have Cabin Attendants, and likely wear the Vista uniform.
The Citation X, XLS, and small jet fleet will remain under the XO brand and make up the standard service membership class. The XO brand will remain a separate membership level, but as far as the actual certificate, I'm not sure if they will merge them into the Vista certificate. I have not heard a lot of positive things about the conditions at XO, Red Wing, or Talon...all three of the certificates that will be merged eventually to make up the XO fleet. But again, I'm just a line pilot and new to the organization so do your own due diligence.