Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Linx

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 04:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Retention Crisis

Will this help to make up for Jet Linx’s 40% turnover? I don’t know why in this current environment anyone would want to go work for a company that loses almost half their pilot workforce month over month…I warned Jamie of this in 2020/2021 and he didn’t believe me. Too late to the game of compensation and QOL has led to this issue with far better operators out there hiring.

Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Interested to see what is going to change, if anything, now that cadets from Southwest's Destination 225 program are now starting to enter Jet Linx's rank en masse
Old 03-21-2022, 07:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by USAFPilot85 View Post
Will this help to make up for Jet Linx’s 40% turnover? I don’t know why in this current environment anyone would want to go work for a company that loses almost half their pilot workforce month over month…I warned Jamie of this in 2020/2021 and he didn’t believe me. Too late to the game of compensation and QOL has led to this issue with far better operators out there hiring.
What's working in their favor is that the SWA Cadets don't have many options in the 135 world. JetLinx or XO Jet.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:14 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Little progress

At best that buys them 3 years or 1500 hours, nobody would stay at Jet Linx once SWA gives them the spot

Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
What's working in their favor is that the SWA Cadets don't have many options in the 135 world. JetLinx or XO Jet.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021
Default Tulsa

Just wondered if anyone could shed light on what life at the TUL base is like? I used to instruct in the Tulsa area and would like to come back, but based on what I’ve read and the only getting 8 hard days off, idk if it would be a good choice.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Fr8dawgg View Post
Just wondered if anyone could shed light on what life at the TUL base is like? I used to instruct in the Tulsa area and would like to come back, but based on what I’ve read and the only getting 8 hard days off, idk if it would be a good choice.
Probably irrelevant now but yes, only 8 HARD days off. Just depends on your base and plane how often you will fly outside of that
Old 07-04-2022, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: Desk

Hi all,
i received an add from jet Linx in the mail. I left a regional and flying about 7 years ago just after IOE and thinking it may be time to come back. CL 65 typed but not much experience. Would they hire me with my profile?
I was thinking maybe it is better than a regional but reading the safety issues makes me think. Why isn't there IOE? How does that work? You are just assigned FO after your sim ride? How is the training like? Asking because I have not flown a jet in 7 years, do they give you more time in the sim? Where is training conducted? Is training better on specific airframes?
Where do pilots go after Jet Linx? Is Southwest an option if you are not part of the cadet program?
Thanks all for the feedback!
Old 07-19-2022, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

There’s a program they started advertising on LI trying to attract retiring airline pilots for a “part time or full time” schedule.

No mention of pay or how it works. Standing by…

TC
Old 07-21-2022, 04:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
There’s a program they started advertising on LI trying to attract retiring airline pilots for a “part time or full time” schedule.

TC
I saw this too, then clicked the link for more info. Seemingly the FLEX or part time schedule is only available for ex airline “retired” folks with like 15000 hours. Did I read that correctly or does someone need to wake me up? Anyone out there with more details on this part time or essentially contract day rate pay?
Old 07-21-2022, 09:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
I saw this too, then clicked the link for more info. Seemingly the FLEX or part time schedule is only available for ex airline “retired” folks with like 15000 hours. Did I read that correctly or does someone need to wake me up? Anyone out there with more details on this part time or essentially contract day rate pay?
Yeah. You have to apply and interview to see what the deal is. And, it appeared to be exclusively aimed at retired 121.

TC
Old 07-22-2022, 03:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post

TC
I have to ask. What is LI?