Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Linx

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 10:28 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Management out of touch and unrealistic

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Can I ask how much involvement your owner played into the abuse? Or did they hide and let Jetlinx management deliver the bad news on their behalf

I second everything from the above conversation. It’s as if management at lower levels is shielding the executives from the real problems. Jet Linx in the last 6 months made a very clear shift from taking care of its employees to turning profits wherever they can and on the backs of whoever is willing to bend over. They are about to have an identity crisis and judging by the 14 openings on their website without bringing on that many new planes it seems as if pilots are starting to jump ship to save their sanity and their certificates. I certainly agree Jet Linx doesn’t follow their own guidance and routinely disregards the PWG whenever it suits them.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

QOL - know someone who works there and if you are on a light jet or a mid size jet you will get your ass chartered out. Gone 10 days at a wack and only 8 days off a month. Planes are understaffed with just 2 pilots and a lot of turnover because of this. They have floaters to help with this issue. All comes down to the plane owner, but if you are on a mid size or light jet you shouldn't be surprised when you are gone 20 days of the month and picking up charters for a 30-60 minute hop. Some owners don't want their plane chartered out during covid or in general, so make sure you meet with the plane owner before accepting the job to find out more vs whatever corporate feeds you.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

If there’s a lot of turn over because the job wasn’t sold to the pilots accurately, makes me wonder if that training contract money is paid out or not
Old 03-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Released View Post
If there’s a lot of turn over because the job wasn’t sold to the pilots accurately, makes me wonder if that training contract money is paid out or not
unfortunately I’ve heard they will go after you. Does that mean they will win or get paid. IDK. Also keep in mind there is a big difference in training contracts and notes. Notes are straight up loans. I know several companies transitioning to them. It’s been years since I’ve worked for JL so I can’t be sure what they do currently. However even with out the pilot not paying their judgement summaries it can be used by the owner as a tax write off which owners love. Then the pilot is left with either a credit hit or a 1099-C and it’s a matter of you and the IRS working it out. If your Considering any managed part 135 take your time and read reviews carefully. Some owners treat pilots very well and the pilots love JetLinx. However other (majority) owner use and abuse the pilot and that’s been giving JetLinx a bad name over the last few years.

Last edited by LLWS09R; 03-12-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Pilot

JetLinx did withhold a significant amount of money from my last paycheck and also sent me a invoice for the remaining training agreement amount.

Not only do I find this petty since they are well aware the reasons I left were due to unresolved safety and compliance issues (which management has been briefed on, again), but I have documented everything I saw in my 10 month stay there. Phone logs, PICTURES and records. I retained it all.

I'm no longer in the FAR 135 business, is it time to air some dirty laundry? If management chooses to deny and ignore safety, maybe the aircraft owner, FAA/FSDO/POI, charter clients and politicians might feel differently?

I'm too old to be pushed around, it's happened too many times in my career.

I attempted to walk away quietly. Safety issues if brought into the open can cause a lot of personnel and revenue issues, they are often sensitive and ugly. But, if the company keeps poking...they apparently don't realize the poke they get back will be much, much deeper.

Last edited by AntiPeter; 03-13-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post
JetLinx did withhold a significant amount of money from my last paycheck and also sent me a invoice for the remaining training agreement amount.

Not only do I find this petty since they are well aware the reasons I left were due to unresolved safety and compliance issues (which management has been briefed on, again), but I have documented everything I saw in my 10 month stay there. Phone logs, PICTURES and records. I retained it all.

I'm no longer in the FAR 135 business, is it time to air some dirty laundry? If management chooses to deny and ignore safety, maybe the aircraft owner, FAA/FSDO/POI, charter clients and politicians might feel differently?

I attempted to walk away quietly. Safety issues if brought into the open can cause a lot of personnel and revenue issues, they are often sensitive and ugly. But, if the company keeps poking...they apparently don't realize the poke they get back will be much, much deeper.
Thank you!

Id rely more the politicians and clients to air all the laundry to rather than the FAA/FSDO/POI. They always find (soft) hand slap punishment rather than financial or punitive punishment.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:04 PM
On Reserve

Default I also left for safety and compliance issues

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post

I also left for safety and compliance reasons. All of which I brought up to management and just received lip service. Executive leadership at Jet Linx denies any safety or compliance issues and because of this they are unwilling to make change to fix the obvious issues. They also withheld a significant amount from my last paycheck but best part was they took it out after tax resulting in a final paycheck of 400% more tax paid than income received. It’s a tuition reimbursement according to their “contract” and thus shouldn’t be a post tax deduction. As I left they were pretty unwilling to listen during the HR portion of my exit interview. Go to Jet Linx at your own peril.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:40 PM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by USAFPilot85 View Post
As I left they were pretty unwilling to listen during the HR portion of my exit interview.
There’s an exit interview? Is that something new?
None of the guys from my Indoc that have left (which is most) have even been entertained an exit interview.

They merely submitted their 2-weeks notice, and that was that...
Old 03-13-2021, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

Originally Posted by Dubh View Post
None of the guys from my Indoc that have left (which is most) have even been entertained an exit interview.

Dang, why did they want out already just in indoc?
Old 03-14-2021, 02:48 PM
On Reserve

Default Exit interviews

Originally Posted by Dubh View Post

I don’t really think anything changes as a result of exit interviews and it seems like Jet Linx is happy to get good feedback but likes to pretend you are the problem of you provide negative feedback. They have plenty of rules, most of which they don’t follow when it’s convenient for them to make a buck or so it seems. Lots of pilots are unhappy there it is just a matter of time until they jump ship.