Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jet Linx

Old 03-15-2021, 04:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

For those who raise safety issues and feel they were punished or retaliated against for doing so, I recommend you go here: https://www.faa.gov/about/initiative...wer/complaint/

The law was written specifically for you. The FAA will ensure the safety concern is properly investigated, and OSHA will determine if a labor violation occurred and can order restitution. It’s still the government so it can be frustrating at times, but there are dedicated offices to handle these kinds of situations...
Old 03-29-2021, 08:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Default Jet Linx QOL

How’s the quality of life while on the road? Hotels, rental cars, company card? How do raises work?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:07 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default On the road QOL

Originally Posted by blackbox348 View Post
How’s the quality of life while on the road? Hotels, rental cars, company card? How do raises work?

On the road isn’t terrible. Book your own hotels, rental car for anything overnight. You are supposed to put hotels on your company card but their reimbursement system is not great so takes time to go check for your expenses to post. Raises weren’t happening for the last year and they were supposed to resume but it seems like they aren’t rewarding pilots with more money for longevity. I’d suggest negotiating for top dollar and assuming your raise will be minimal if at all.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:09 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Does Jet Linx have CASS privileges? Or any type of jump seat partnership?
Old 05-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Originally Posted by haztronic View Post
Does Jet Linx have CASS privileges? Or any type of jump seat partnership?
We have one with Southwest, but I have never used it.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:36 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2010

I echo everyone’s sentiment here. This is a good job up until you find your next job, and you should find it fast. Supposedly had 30% turnover before COVID. Looks like we’re headed that way again.

Safety concerns are definitely real here and pilots are being pushed to the brink of making some really stupid decisions. Training is pretty awful with no focus on the things that matter. There’s no IOE, line checks are a joke, and it seems we’re just hiring people based on who will take the job rather than someone qualified.

Our Director of Safety just left to take a job in safety in the oil industry if that gives you any indication of the safety culture here.

As far as the training contract, it’s not the worse as far as terms go. There are protections for you for loss of medical, plane being sold, company going bankrupt, and things like that. I always make it a point to have the cash on hand before I ever sign one so I don’t feel financially trapped. Whether they come after you I don’t know.

I would stay away unless you NEED a job and they’re the only ones calling.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

Not wrong with any of that. The no IOE was extremely off putting for me. I just left and agree to everything stated above. It is a good company overall and do try to improve, but they have a long way to go. Seems like HQ has a blind eye to what flight operations is actually like.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: CL30 Captain

Originally Posted by Released View Post
Not wrong with any of that. The no IOE was extremely off putting for me. I just left and agree to everything stated above. It is a good company overall and do try to improve, but they have a long way to go. Seems like HQ has a blind eye to what flight operations is actually like.
after several attempts applying for Chief pilot positions they have posted , they basically dismiss it without even an interview or even contacting me for information. I’m not saying I’m the most qualified however , as a past 135 DO and Chief pilot it makes me wonder if they don’t want outsiders getting a look at how they conduct operations especially given everything I read on here.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

Originally Posted by Tbpilot06 View Post
after several attempts applying for Chief pilot positions they have posted , they basically dismiss it without even an interview or even contacting me for information. I’m not saying I’m the most qualified however , as a past 135 DO and Chief pilot it makes me wonder if they don’t want outsiders getting a look at how they conduct operations especially given everything I read on here.
They’re honestly probably doing you a favor. There’s really only one chief pilot in HQ. All the rest are essentially assistants or managers with very limited power. You’re likely used to being a chief in the traditional sense rather than constantly flying the line too.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:18 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2021

"if they don’t want outsiders getting a look at how they conduct operations especially given everything I read on here."

a base chief pilot told someone to fly without the fire light he said quote you can just use the ITT's to tell if there is an engine fire. and i dont care if im outting this guy on a public forum. Does that give you an idea about how this operation is run?