Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

f16jetmech 09-02-2010 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 864857)
Just throwing in a useless post to make this thread reach 100 pages.

Aww, maybe one more.

i wonder how much of the thread is about ameriflight or related part 135 operations....

freightdog 09-02-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 864968)
i wonder how much of the thread is about ameriflight or related part 135 operations....

More than you are probably thinking.

jbizon 09-02-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 863198)
XxXxxxxxxxxx

Are you still in with AMF Sanders?

Kenny Powers 09-07-2010 03:28 PM

Hey Guys,

I've got a phone interview coming up and was wondering what to expect. Any technical questions or is it pretty much all HR stuff?

Also, which base would you recommend interviewing at...if it matters at all?

And, according to the email I just got, it says that the typical schedule is M-F, outstation for 6-7 hours and back in base every night in your own bed? I thought you guys spend the nights in the outstations and are back in base on the weekends only?

Thanks!

f16jetmech 09-07-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 867110)
Hey Guys,

I've got a phone interview coming up and was wondering what to expect. Any technical questions or is it pretty much all HR stuff?

And, according to the email I just got, it says that the typical schedule is M-F, outstation for 6-7 hours and back in base every night in your own bed? I thought you guys spend the nights in the outstations and are back in base on the weekends only?

Thanks!

The beauty of AMF... in my humble opinion

Kenny Powers 09-07-2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 867141)
The beauty of AMF... in my humble opinion

Thanks for that.

Anybody else?

cfouriv 09-07-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 867110)
Hey Guys,

Thanks!

The phone interview is mainly HR stuff, nothing to be worried about just be yourself. You are scheduled home every night and you will be for the most part. You will fly first thing in the morning and then fly back in the evening for most runs.

Good luck to you!

Kenny Powers 09-07-2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by cfouriv (Post 867179)
The phone interview is mainly HR stuff, nothing to be worried about just be yourself. You are scheduled home every night and you will be for the most part. You will fly first thing in the morning and then fly back in the evening for most runs.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the response...

What do most guys do during the day at the outstation. Is there a company provided crew house, crew car, etc? Or are you chained to the FBO? Is it possible to be productive during the down time (go to a gym, run errands, etc?)

cfouriv 09-07-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 867183)
Thanks for the response...

What do most guys do during the day at the outstation. Is there a company provided crew house, crew car, etc? Or are you chained to the FBO? Is it possible to be productive during the down time (go to a gym, run errands, etc?)

You can be productive, you will have some sort of transportation and a place to stay. They set you up pretty good, the time is yours, some guys golf, workout, or just sleep.

Scooter2525 09-08-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 867183)

Depends. Sometimes, especially at the bottom of seniority, you won't have a regularly scheduled run. If your outstation based, then you are on the same run everyday. I was going to take some classes at a community college, but missed the sign up date.