Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Fedex Dreamer 11-12-2010 02:16 PM

Seniority in Base

I have a question regarding seniority in base. Let's say I start in the Chieftain and the junior 99 run has a really crappy QOL. Could I wait it out for a better run and choose to upgrade then? Or does the person junior to me who chose the upgrade notwithstanding the crappy QOL move up ahead of me?

tbmpilot 11-15-2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fedex Dreamer (Post 900226)
I have a question regarding seniority in base. Let's say I start in the Chieftain and the junior 99 run has a really crappy QOL. Could I wait it out for a better run and choose to upgrade then? Or does the person junior to me who chose the upgrade notwithstanding the crappy QOL move up ahead of me?

If you pass on the upgrade you'll have to wait until they need another 99 pilot. You'll still retain your seniority. When you do upgrade you're likely to be kept dual-qualified anyway so you'll likely fly both (depending on the base). The pay is the same anyway. Take the upgrade when you can. There's no QOL anyway.

TangoBar 11-22-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fedex Dreamer (Post 900226)
Let's say I start in the Chieftain and the junior 99 run has a really crappy QOL.

As opposed to the great QOL of the average Chieftain run? About the only difference is that a lot of 99 runs at some bases are outstations, but they're usually the only turbine slots that see turnover. You can always choose to skip an offered upgrade, but you'd likely kick yourself.

ownthesky748 11-25-2010 08:31 PM

Hi guys!
I went thru interview and will be in upcoming class. I've been trying to prepare for the class as much I can. is there anything I should know before the class?
please feel free to let me know if you can help me :)
Thank you!

p.s: hey superman! I changed it for you man! lol

Luv2Rotate 11-25-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ownthesky748 (Post 907015)
Hi guys!
I went thru interview and will be in upcoming class. I've been trying to prepare for the class as much I can. is there anything I should prepare before the class?
please feel free to let me know if you can help me prepare:)
Thank you!

Stop saying "prepare" :D

Oldog 11-27-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by TangoBar (Post 905126)
As opposed to the great QOL of the average Chieftain run? About the only difference is that a lot of 99 runs at some bases are outstations, but they're usually the only turbine slots that see turnover. You can always choose to skip an offered upgrade, but you'd likely kick yourself.

I think you need to consider what you're getting into. Junior pilots at most airlines don't enjoy great QOL . . . liveable, yes, but great, probably not . . . but if you want to make your way up the ladder, you need to start at the bottom and take opportunities as they're offered. Don't expect a SoCal base with a 1000-to-1400-Tuesday-through-Thursday run for the first couple of years. DO expect a lot of valuable experience and training!

f16jetmech 12-15-2010 12:21 PM

do they fly the navajo out of dfw?

cfouriv 12-15-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 916754)
do they fly the navajo out of dfw?

Nope. Turbine base

krudawg 12-15-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 875012)
Oh I know how it works over there...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", which is how I was with them. But getting this email after we had scheduled an interview seems to close the deal for me:

"I am sorry to inform you that Ameriflight will not be able to go forward with your interview process. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of your interview cancellation, I will say that it was indeed a pleasure speaking to you on Sept. 9.
*$##$, I wish you all the luck in the world and I know your flying career with soar to unexpected heights."

That's Ameriflights way of giving you the butt jab. I'd re-apply in 3 months. By then they will have fired a pilot or two and will need ya

krudawg 12-15-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Captaindelay (Post 859369)
Where do Amflight pilots end up? After flying be99 for a year do they end up at Southwest like the company claims? I just want to know what is the next step from Amflight?

I made it to UAL