Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

cfouriv 01-14-2011 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by kingdover (Post 930052)
I have a class date for Feb 14 preferred base PDX.....Anyone know if thats a chieftain only base or is there any other equipment there? Just wondering if I could stick around there and after a while transition into turbine equip.

Pdx,is mainly a chiefton base, I think there is a few turbine aircraft but it takes years to upgrade at that base. That's how it has been anyway.

Scooter2525 01-14-2011 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by kingdover (Post 930052)
I have a class date for Feb 14 preferred base PDX.....Anyone know if thats a chieftain only base or is there any other equipment there? Just wondering if I could stick around there and after a while transition into turbine equip.

Yes. They operate 99's and such. There are outstations as well.

kingdover 01-16-2011 07:58 AM

Thanks for the info, I'd love to be able to stick around there (great snowboarding nearby) but I understand I may have to relocate to transition to the 99.

undflyboy06 01-16-2011 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by kingdover (Post 930942)
Thanks for the info, I'd love to be able to stick around there (great snowboarding nearby) but I understand I may have to relocate to transition to the 99.

The last two that transitioned to the 99 in PDX were in base for at least 2.5-3 years. Plan on getting comfortable there before you get in the 99. If you want it sooner you would have to move.

Giggity 01-16-2011 09:56 AM

Does AMF still fly in to Mammoth Lakes? If so, can you jumpseat if you work for SWA?

freightdog 01-16-2011 02:23 PM


Originally Posted by Giggity (Post 930988)
Does AMF still fly in to Mammoth Lakes? If so, can you jumpseat if you work for SWA?

We don't fly to Mammoth anymore. The closest we get to now is Bishop, CA. Yes, if you are a pilot for SWA you can jumpseat with us.

Oldog 01-30-2011 06:51 PM

Suggest you go to Ameriflight.com and read all about it. If you troll around the website, it tells you everything you need to know about the interview and hiring process.

This refers to Kingdover's post on 1-14

Oldog 01-30-2011 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by jumpseat2024 (Post 924278)
Sorry guys, I know I've seen a post on this somewhere in the past but can't seem to find it for the life of me...what all is covered in the phone interview? Any questions that could catch me off guard without thinking about them before hand?

Also, should I have my logbook, licenses, etc handy while on the phone?

Go to Ameriflight.com on the Internet and troll around the website. It will tell you everything you need to know about the hiring process, including what you need to bring with you.

justinkc 01-31-2011 05:48 AM

I've got an interview on Feb 14th in SLC. Does anybody know much about interviewing in Salt Lake?

bullitt 03-06-2011 09:22 PM


Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 939103)
Go to Ameriflight.com on the Internet and troll around the website. It will tell you everything you need to know about the hiring process, including what you need to bring with you.

I was just going to ask if the questions listed on this gouge(http://mypilotcareer .com/ameriflight-interview-gouge) were still current because I have an interview in 2 weeks in Burbank.
And for those of you asking about the telephone interview

Why Ameriflight?
What are your career goals for the next 5 years?
Are you willing to re-locate?
What do you like about your current job?
What do you dislike about your current job?

And I'm sure I'm missing one or two. Somehow the conversation lasted an hour but a lot of it was her talking about ameriflight. Overall just a nice friendly conversation.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands