Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 10-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
They will just make the current crop work that much harder. Sitting 10 hours with nothing to do at your Days Inn? Nope, hop in your mighty rust bucket and cover another run.

I actually hope so. With any luck I'll cross the 1K BE99 time mark before I leave. Better than sitting around doing nothing waiting on UPS to get their stuff straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 09:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: BE300, CA

Hit the 1K BE99 (not at AMF) time 2 weeks ago. Graduating and moving on.

No greater feeling than having Oct 31 be your last day as a full-time freight dawg.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
I actually hope so. With any luck I'll cross the 1K BE99 time mark before I leave. Better than sitting around doing nothing waiting on UPS to get their stuff straight.

Don't believe rumors. They are only spread to catch those who buy into it, and will stay longer. Don't believe anything until it's on property. And your chances of being hired are better if you leave and get jet time. The per class percentage at UPS that has an AMF in it will be very low.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DhruvK View Post
Hit the 1K BE99 (not at AMF) time 2 weeks ago. Graduating and moving on.

No greater feeling than having Oct 31 be your last day as a full-time freight dawg.
Congrats!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Don't believe rumors. They are only spread to catch those who buy into it, and will stay longer. Don't believe anything until it's on property. And your chances of being hired are better if you leave and get jet time. The per class percentage at UPS that has an AMF in it will be very low.

I was commenting that I would rather fly then layover or wait on UPS out on the ramp. Trust me I'm taking my time and running!

Old 10-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

I was commenting that I would rather fly then layover or wait on UPS out on the ramp. Trust me I'm taking my time and running!

Oh I thought you were talking about the UPS flow rumor. That's my favorite rumor yet lol.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Oh I thought you were talking about the UPS flow rumor. That's my favorite rumor yet lol.

Flow to southwest, getting jets, 4 day workweeks etc, pick your favorite...

Old 10-29-2015, 12:44 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: Left Seat Brasilia, 1900, 99

I agree, it's all in the line you get. I wrote from an in station perspective, but since you bring up outstation... Yesterday I had 4 hours with my kids. That's 20 hours a day away from home. I don't care what recreational opportunities are in whatever meth town the layover is at, I want to be home with my family, and I think those sacrifices deserve monetary compensation. I'm cuts deep when my 4 year old looks in my eyes and asks "daddy why are you never home with me?" and my 3 year old says "because he works". For $640 a week take home.

But fine, this place is awesome, and we are paid fairly. Peak should be a rockin' good time!
Ugh, that's rough... Are you trying to stick out your contract?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Snotrocket View Post
Ugh, that's rough... Are you trying to stick out your contract?

No, all the other 99 guys in my class quit inside 6 months so I'm not worried about my contract as I'm almost at a year here anyway. I have a PC12 job that's mine when I want it, with eventual transition to jet and ownership of the company (family business, corporate aircraft management). Fantastic QOL, great pay, and I can be the boss someday. I took the AMF job for turbine PIC alone, as I don't want to have to someday fly right seat in an aircraft I manage with a contract left seater for insurance purposes. It works out well for me to start after the first of the year, and I was hoping for the 1K MTPIC mark before I go. I'll be pretty close, depending on how peak goes.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: Left Seat Brasilia, 1900, 99

No, all the other 99 guys in my class quit inside 6 months so I'm not worried about my contract as I'm almost at a year here anyway. I have a PC12 job that's mine when I want it, with eventual transition to jet and ownership of the company (family business, corporate aircraft management). Fantastic QOL, great pay, and I can be the boss someday. I took the AMF job for turbine PIC alone, as I don't want to have to someday fly right seat in an aircraft I manage with a contract left seater for insurance purposes. It works out well for me to start after the first of the year, and I was hoping for the 1K MTPIC mark before I go. I'll be pretty close, depending on how peak goes.

Props for sticking it out for peak, your run doesn't sound fun, I don't want to be sent to cover it!