Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 02-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by vadermonkey View Post
by the way, how's the skiing down in Salt Lake?
There are multiple resorts in the area with a good amount of snow this year, and you will have a bunch of coworkers who ski as well.

Also, SUN and JAC are BE99 outstations with ski resorts, they also have company apartments, so you can leave some equipment there if you go frequently.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
SLC is a fairly good base. That being said you will leave for the regionals in 6 months lol.

Don't listen to ANYONE who uses the phrase "home every night" at Ameriflight...
Because, obviously, you don't get home every night?
Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Default Ameriflight

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Because, obviously, you don't get home every night?

I guess you never got the "hey you, your going to _____ for a few weeks" TDY? Our base had TDY folks all the time who were voluntold to come to our base for several weeks at a time. Usually covering runs because someone called out sick or quit. They were gone from their families for in cases weeks at a time. What about the TDY folks who were covering runs away from family over the holidays?

But because it never happened to you it obviously never happened to anyone else. You are either deluded or actively promoting a false version of AMF life. Maybe life is perfect at your base and you really don't know any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LRSRanger; 02-10-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

You are accusing me of doing the exact thing you are doing: taking your experience and applying it to everyone at AMF.

And no, where he is going hasn't been a TDY exporting base for a while now.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Seriously, I didn't even comment on whether the schedule was desirable or not, just put out the facts. I figured both of you would chime in to make sure the negative side was represented. All I have to do is fact check you guys when you go overboard with outdated information like 34k a year pay and what life was like in OAK during the depths of the recession.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:28 PM
On Reserve

Position: A320 Captain

the skiing sounds great in Salt Lake, but more importantly, how are the girls?
Old 02-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Seriously, I didn't even comment on whether the schedule was desirable or not, just put out the facts. I figured both of you would chime in to make sure the negative side was represented. All I have to do is fact check you guys when you go overboard with outdated information like 34k a year pay and what life was like in OAK during the depths of the recession.
It's a different company in lots of ways. So I don't comment on what my time was like there, as if a new hire should expect it. That being said, people are leaving in droves, many leaving within their training agreements. AMF booths at job fairs look like ghost towns, and classes aren't being filled. So if you want to give facts, make sure you give both sides of the facts.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

It's a different company in lots of ways. So I don't comment on what my time was like there, as if a new hire should expect it. That being said, people are leaving in droves, many leaving within their training agreements. AMF booths at job fairs look like ghost towns, and classes aren't being filled. So if you want to give facts, make sure you give both sides of the facts.

I'd love some no BS numbers on staffing, attrition, and class size. For personal amusement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Well, seeing random management using their FB pages as job boards, and having multiple people comment on their booth at NGPA, I would say hiring is in full desperation mode.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Well, seeing random management using their FB pages as job boards, and having multiple people comment on their booth at NGPA, I would say hiring is in full desperation mode.

That's the impression I get too. There weren't a lot of new trainees coming out the sims when I threw in the towel in Nov either. They are pushing the social media hard. But that was a part of their giant plan they emailed us about late last fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk