Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
Hi all.
810 TT 50 ME
I did a phone interview a couple of weeks back for the First Officer EMB-120 opening. So far haven't heard anything which I take to be not a good sign. I hope to speak with the Ameriflight recruiters at the upcoming NW Aviation Conference Career Forum here in Washington State on 2/19 they are schedule to attend.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

By all means keep applying, but if it doesn't work out and you want a 135 VFR job for the summer that will get you some hours in a hurry send me a PM, I know a chief pilot looking for résumés in WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Chopstick Grandmaster

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Hi all.
810 TT 50 ME
I did a phone interview a couple of weeks back for the First Officer EMB-120 opening. So far haven't heard anything which I take to be not a good sign. I hope to speak with the Ameriflight recruiters at the upcoming NW Aviation Conference Career Forum here in Washington State on 2/19 they are schedule to attend.

Thanks
What LRSRanger said. I flew for them as well and they will definitely keep you busy. Did you also apply to Kenmore Express? They have an F/O program for their Caravans.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Deanwalters5 View Post
I haven't found anything relating to this question, but I apologize if it's been answered already.

I've been offered a position flying the 99 out of Buffalo. Does anyone know what the daily run/schedule is like out of buffalo? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
The 99 run in BUF is reserve part of the week and on other days operates for one of our "glow flight" (radioactive pharmaceuticals) customers. You may go up to Ontario Canada then Bedford MA or over to St Louis and CVG and back. It gets some pretty good flight time.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Hi all.
810 TT 50 ME

Thanks
I know we hired 4 E120 FO in our January class, so we may just have filled all of the available slots right now. Like LRS said, just keep updating your app and keep in contact with recruiting. And keep building your hours. I know we will need more FOs in the future. We have two that just transitioned to the BE99 after hitting their 1200 hour mark and one who left because he realized he didn't like flying on the back side of the clock. It's not for everyone. Some, not even for a short time to move ahead.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by sealandair View Post
What LRSRanger said. I flew for them as well and they will definitely keep you busy. Did you also apply to Kenmore Express? They have an F/O program for their Caravans.
I don't see on Kenmore airs web site the FO openings but they are also going to be at the NW Aviation conference forum this Friday so I will also talk to them thanks for the tip
Old 02-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Chopstick Grandmaster

Joined APC: Jul 2013

I don't see on Kenmore airs web site the FO openings but they are also going to be at the NW Aviation conference forum this Friday so I will also talk to them thanks for the tip
Keep checking back. They might not be hiring right now, but you'll see openings as Spring gets going, I practically guarantee.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

I'd walk in their front door with a resume... They will certainly be hiring for the summer regardless of what the website says and taking the initiative to walk in would probably be good. Those small operators often don't keep their websites up to date weekly; I'm almost positive their career openings page hasn't changed in the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Got an email today from Ameriflight recruiter

We appreciate your interest in the E120 FO position.
We are keeping your application in consideration of future opportunities.
We would like you to email us monthly updating your flight times, skills and experience.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 747 Captain, retired

Originally Posted by vadermonkey View Post
hey guys, maybe I opened up a can of worms here...

I just wanted to thank all of you for your help in making my decision, as of this afternoon I did indeed accept the offer they gave me for the Salt Lake 99 position, and my class date is Mar 14. I took all of your advice to heart, and both positive and negative experiences described assisted me in making my final decision. due to the lack of training contract and relatively low risk to join and moderate pay, I think even if it's a mistake, it cant hurt to try, especially compared to the joke 135 i'm stuck in now.

Thank you all again, and hopefully we'll meet on the line

Cheers
Congrats on your decision. Ameriflight may not be the company you want to make a career out of but it is a great stepping stone. You will learn more about flying during your time at AMF then you will learn for the rest of you aviation career! All the best
Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

On the ameriflight website, it lists a whole bunch of pilot openings all over. Do they just keep those on there to let pilots know where each plane is or are they no joke jobs. Also, does the applicants preference have any bearing on what they give you?
Thanks!!