Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Earl81 View Post
We don't have center stored plans anymore. The company now does it with a new software system that make it look like it's a center stored. The software files automatic every day. The company can make changes to each flight plan in house. Last I heard OAK was taking care of them.
The software gives an instantaneous correction to the flight plans in the software. Once a pilot fills out the discrepancy report and it's COMATTED up to OAK and entered into the computer the changes are immediate, no more waiting for three weeks with bad flight plans in the system and having ATC mad because three flight plans pop up for the same flight number.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by find a way View Post
thanks for the help. how was the sim ride with ted?
The sim was broke, so no sim ride.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by Bowersbum View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about having alot of time to apply to AMF, I got interviewed/hired with the nearly the exact minimums they require and about 8 hours of actual.
when was this?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: I only fly multi-winged airplanes.
Default Right To Work In U.S. For AMF

If you are a US citizen with a passport and birth cert. is there anything else you need to prove that you have the right to work in the U.S.???
Old 06-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

It says they are hiring on Climbto350 but then is says also go to their website and fill out the application...but on their website it says they are only hiring from their pool. What a waste of Climbto350.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Left Seat PA31-350

[quote=INTERNET PILOT;637217]when was this?[/q

It was this past march.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by Coehill View Post
Anybody who has been invited to the PHX interviews care to share what their time is? Just want an idea on whats competitive these days.
Not sure what competitive is right now, but I can tell you that a friend of mine got interviewed (and hired) with just a little over 1180 TT about a month ago.

Originally Posted by CaptainTeezy View Post
If you are a US citizen with a passport and birth cert. is there anything else you need to prove that you have the right to work in the U.S.???
If you have one from List A or one each from List B and List C you are good to go! If you have an unexpired US passport that is all you need.

List A.Documents proving both identity and work authorization
  1. U.S. passport (expired or unexpired);
  2. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, BCIS Form N-560 or N-561;
  3. Certificate of Naturalization, BCIS Form N-550 or N-570;
  4. Unexpired foreign passport with:
    a. a stamp reading .processed for I-551. Temporary Evidence of Lawful Admission for permanent residence. Valid until ____ Employment Authorized.; or
    b. an attached Form I-94 with the same name as the passport and an employment authorization stamp with an unexpired endorsement;
  5. Alien Registration Receipt Card or Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).BCIS Form I-551, that contains a photograph, fingerprint, and signature of the bearer (the name was changed from Alien Registration Receipt Card to Permanent Resident Card by regulation in 1998);
  6. Unexpired Temporary Resident Card, BCIS Form I-688;
  7. Unexpired Employment Authorization Document, BCIS Form I-688A;
  8. Unexpired Reentry Permit, BCIS Form I-327;
  9. Unexpired Refugee Travel Document, BCIS Form I-571;
  10. Unexpired Employment Authorization Document with a photograph, BCIS Form I-688B; Form I-766.
List B.Documents Proving Identity Only
  1. State-issued driver.s license or ID card with a photograph or identifying information including name, date of birth,
  2. ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agency or entity with a photograph or identifying information in No. 1.
  3. School ID card with a photograph;
  4. Voter.s registration card;
  5. U.S. Military card or draft record;
  6. Military dependent.s ID card;
  7. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card;
  8. Native American tribal document;
  9. Canadian driver's license;
  10. For persons under age 18:
    a. school record or report card;
    b. clinic, doctor, or hospital record;
    c. day care or nursery school record.
List C.Documents Proving Work Authorization Only
  1. U.S. Social Security card, if it does not say the card is not valid for employment;
  2. Certification of Birth Abroad, Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350;
  3. Original or certified copy of a birth certificate with an official seal issued by a state or local government agency;
  4. Native American tribal document;
  5. U.S. Citizen ID Card, Form I-197;
  6. ID Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the U.S., Form I-179;
  7. Unexpired authorization document issued by BCIS (other than those in List A).
Originally Posted by CaptainTeezy View Post
It says they are hiring on Climbto350 but then is says also go to their website and fill out the application...but on their website it says they are only hiring from their pool. What a waste of Climbto350.
Climbto350 is a waste of money. AMF is hiring and they have new-hire classes scheduled through September.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

According to the AMF website....they are only hiring from their pool...and you can only update/edit a previous application.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

This is what was posted on our pilot portal, and about four threads below this one. I am pretty sure they are not just hiring from a pool. If they were, they wouldn't be asking current pilots to tell there friends. If the online application doesn't work tell then in the email you send them!

Become part of the country’s largest FAR 135 Cargo Company!

Ameriflight will be conducting in-person interviews in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area on July 15, 2009. All selected applicants will be contacted prior to that date to schedule an interview. Interviews are by Invitation Only.
Ameriflight is looking to hire pilots who are motivated and eager to experience flying throughout the Ameriflight system. Successful applicants are hired into PA-31 and BE99 aircraft with the possibility to upgrade to larger turbine equipment depending on qualifications.

Please submit your resume to [email protected] AND complete the online
application at: https://www.ameriflight.com/application/

To be considered for interviews on July 15, please make all submissions by July 7, 2009.

Minimum requirements include:
• 1,200 hours of total flight time with a minimum of 50 hours in multi-engine airplanes
• Meet FAR Part 135.243(c) requirements including
o 500 hours of cross country flight time, 25 hours at night
o 100 total hours of night flight time
o Ameriflight requires 75 hours of instrument time in flight
• U.S. Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate, multi-engine land and instrument-airplane ratings
• English Proficiency Endorsement
• Current first or second-class U.S. FAA medical certificate
• U.S. FCC Restricted Radiotelephone permit
• Passport from country where the applicant is a citizen
• High Performance and Complex Aircraft logbook endorsements
Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Why the sudden need for pilots at AMF? Is it due to upgrades, expansion, people leaving? Any idea what the upgrade time is to turbine equipment?