Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Prop LT View Post
Freight dogs. I have a friend interested in BE-99 captain positions in Omaha. It seems all positions are filled there currently, but would there be a way for him to get on a “list” for future openings?

Thanks
There's not an official list to be on for specific future openings. However, if he hasn't applied yet, I'd highly advise him to apply for the BE99 Captain nationwide position. That's the generic position that's default for "my location isn't open at the moment". If qualified and application is in, a recruiter will call him and discuss the location he wants. If it's not open and they aren't able to add an additional pilot there, the recruiter can keep him on their list for it.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-24-2020, 10:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Does anyone know when Ameriflight will be hiring first officers again? I sent my resume to a recruiter and got a reply within minutes that there were currently no first officer positions available. I figured as much with the current situation, but I had read they were stilling hiring on a couple different sites. Thought I’d give it a try.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:36 PM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Danielle204 View Post
Does anyone know when Ameriflight will be hiring first officers again? I sent my resume to a recruiter and got a reply within minutes that there were currently no first officer positions available. I figured as much with the current situation, but I had read they were stilling hiring on a couple different sites. Thought I’d give it a try.
Still hiring about 2-4 First Officers each month. (3 are slated for the April training class right now.) With that being said, we aren't able to open the position online as often due to the amount of applicants we already have and are working through. If you got an app in, awesome! Feel free to go in and update it as often as you'd like as you gain additional hours. That'll keep you on the radar.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:53 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Still hiring about 2-4 First Officers each month. (3 are slated for the April training class right now.) With that being said, we aren't able to open the position online as often due to the amount of applicants we already have and are working through. If you got an app in, awesome! Feel free to go in and update it as often as you'd like as you gain additional hours. That'll keep you on the radar.
I emailed my resume to Sarah Hankla, she replied with...”Unfortunately we do not have any FO openings at this time. Please keep in touch.”

I wasn’t quite sure if that meant my resume was in for any future considerations. Should I email her updated resumes as I get more hours, or wait until the FO application is available on the site.

Thanks for the reply
Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Danielle204 View Post
I emailed my resume to Sarah Hankla, she replied with...”Unfortunately we do not have any FO openings at this time. Please keep in touch.”

I wasn’t quite sure if that meant my resume was in for any future considerations. Should I email her updated resumes as I get more hours, or wait until the FO application is available on the site.

Thanks for the reply
Keep updating. Keep your name in front of them.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

What’s the best way to apply? Email? Airline Apps?
Old 03-27-2020, 01:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2020
Default Avoid Ameriflight

I know the industry is scary right now and alot of people just want to get hired anywhere, but seriously avoid this company. Whatever 91 gig you currently have (CFI, banner tow, skydive) can’t be bad enough to justify working here, wish someone had told me that then.

To start, in training I was the youngest guy and they assumed I intended on getting my atp mins and going to 121 world. Instructor consistently singled me out on day 1, finally saying he was sending me home because my medical expired in a month and “he didn’t see how I’d have time to get it with class going on.” HR then explained he couldn’t do that and I could continue. Instructors consistently claimed how tough training would be but how AMF training was the best available. Having gone through 121 indoc, it was no different. Death by PowerPoint and unmotivated instructors, some of whom were always on their phones. During systems written a classmate didn’t pass but they allowed a retest, before he took it training dept intervened and said it was going to be 7 question free response. He passed the material but they deducted points for for grammar/spelling so he failed. So training is a joke, but thats not even the worst.

I had a stellar training captain who I am still close with 2 years later, and the company provided housing in my base and my roommate and I got along great. We had no management or supervision in base which I thought was odd but I was told its how that base operates and I didn’t think twice. What I didn’t know then was how management was treating the other pilots in my base, causing them all to leave within months. If only I had known.

First month was mosty great! Flying was fun, pay was good, was mostly left alone to do my job.

My base pilot supervisor was leaving the next Month and took a week off and asked me to try his duties to learn so I could take over. Same week the chief pilot visited and ripped my world apart. Nothing I did was right by him, even though I was a month onto the line and alone in base. I mentioned I had sights on taking on supervisor position and I was quite literally laughed at in front of other pilots.

The next two months were followed by several petty and manipulative actions/words from my chief pilot. Within 4 months of starting, I did not trust my certificates or my career at ameriflight.

After leaving, I was hounded as to “where I was going” by this same person as if I would actually say at the time. I actually went and paid for my last several hours to meet ATP mins instead of staying another month.

Do Not Go Here.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Frmrbufdrvr View Post
I know the industry is scary right now and alot of people just want to get hired anywhere, but seriously avoid this company. Whatever 91 gig you currently have (CFI, banner tow, skydive) can’t be bad enough to justify working here, wish someone had told me that then.

To start, in training I was the youngest guy and they assumed I intended on getting my atp mins and going to 121 world. Instructor consistently singled me out on day 1, finally saying he was sending me home because my medical expired in a month and “he didn’t see how I’d have time to get it with class going on.” HR then explained he couldn’t do that and I could continue. Instructors consistently claimed how tough training would be but how AMF training was the best available. Having gone through 121 indoc, it was no different. Death by PowerPoint and unmotivated instructors, some of whom were always on their phones. During systems written a classmate didn’t pass but they allowed a retest, before he took it training dept intervened and said it was going to be 7 question free response. He passed the material but they deducted points for for grammar/spelling so he failed. So training is a joke, but thats not even the worst.

I had a stellar training captain who I am still close with 2 years later, and the company provided housing in my base and my roommate and I got along great. We had no management or supervision in base which I thought was odd but I was told its how that base operates and I didn’t think twice. What I didn’t know then was how management was treating the other pilots in my base, causing them all to leave within months. If only I had known.

First month was mosty great! Flying was fun, pay was good, was mostly left alone to do my job.

My base pilot supervisor was leaving the next Month and took a week off and asked me to try his duties to learn so I could take over. Same week the chief pilot visited and ripped my world apart. Nothing I did was right by him, even though I was a month onto the line and alone in base. I mentioned I had sights on taking on supervisor position and I was quite literally laughed at in front of other pilots.

The next two months were followed by several petty and manipulative actions/words from my chief pilot. Within 4 months of starting, I did not trust my certificates or my career at ameriflight.

After leaving, I was hounded as to “where I was going” by this same person as if I would actually say at the time. I actually went and paid for my last several hours to meet ATP mins instead of staying another month.

Do Not Go Here.
I have no skin in the game but I do find it extremely irritating that you created a screen name that was ONE letter different than frmrbuffdrvr, who has given tons of information on this thread for a long time, in order to make this post. This action alone leads me to believe that you are a complete piece of human garbage. You were probably a terrible pilot, which is why they were constantly looking for excuses to get rid of your conniving ass. I bet you were one of the people that completely screwed over your neighbors and bought 1 years worth of toilet paper and frozen pizza. As for the instructor singling you out, I would bet my stimulus check that you had a huge mouth that wouldn't stay shut, talking about your awesome skills as a CFI. I will admit that I read through your post and was thinking about how terrible Ameriflight might be. However, this stolen screen name makes me think you have a personal problem.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

These are the types of posts where I wish we had the OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

Yeah...stealing someone else's screen name is a lowball attempt at diversion.

I am willing to bet that MOST discerning reader's of this forum will not give your post much credence considering the way in which you presented your side of the story.

I feel like the parent of a toddler who would listen to the story of how the milk got spilled and then have to cross my arms and look at that twisting, uncomfortable face for another minute before saying 'Are you sure there isn't more to that story?'
Old 03-27-2020, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

By his description I have a pretty good idea who he is. It doesn't surprise me he would pull a cheap-shot like trying to spoof my ID. Given his attitude all through training, it didn't surprise me when he bailed after only a month. I did upset me when I saw his no notice resignation. Not because he was leaving but that we had invested in training him.

I'm also upset at him spoofing off my ID. Mostly because there is no way in HELL he would ever be able to fly the BUFF or make it in any of our armed forces. Just a little to self centered for that.