Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
By his description I have a pretty good idea who he is. It doesn't surprise me he would pull a cheap-shot like trying to spoof my ID. Given his attitude all through training, it didn't surprise me when he bailed after only a month. I did upset me when I saw his no notice resignation. Not because he was leaving but that we had invested in training him.

I'm also upset at him spoofing off my ID. Mostly because there is no way in HELL he would ever be able to fly the BUFF or make it in any of our armed forces. Just a little to self centered for that.

Your posts are always straightforward and informative. Keep it up, man. I know lots of people who worked for Ameriflight and seemed to enjoy their time.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2020

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online.

I apologize sincerely for making a lapse of judgement and airing out a personal vendetta in an online forum.

That being said, If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

If you Think I had a bad attitude or bragged about being a CFI, theres no way to prove I did or didn’t.

But please, have as much fun as you want pretending an ounce of what I said was untrue. Or that your response was anything other than attacking my character to bolster your image.

Lie - “he bailed after 1 month”

Fact - “I worked 4 months on the line and wanted to work another 4, at least through peak, which was known.”

Lie - “He quit with no notice”

Fact - “I gave 3 months notice of when I planned to leave at the earliest. I left when I was made the subject of a company wide email about my vacation time. The author didn’t spend more than 30 seconds writing it, evidenced by the time stamps of vacation award to email receipt, calling me by only my last name with no formal address (captain?) in a public email, and misspelling my name.”

Lie - “We were happy he left”

Fact - “HR called several times in weeks following my departure apologizing for how I was treated and asking what they could to for me to come back”
Old 03-27-2020, 02:53 PM
New Hire

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online, I’ll agree.

I apologize sincerely for making a lapse of judgement and airing out a personal vendetta in an online forum.

If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

If you Think I had a bad attitude or bragged about being a CFI, theres no way to prove I did or didn’t.

But please, have as much fun as you want pretending an ounce of what I said was untrue. Or that your response was anything other than attacking my character to bolster your image.

Fact - “I worked 4 months on the line and wanted to work another 4, at least through peak, which was known.”

Fact - “I gave 3 months notice of when I planned to leave at the earliest. I left when I was made the subject of a company wide email about my vacation time. The author didn’t spend more than 30 seconds writing it, evidenced by the time stamps of vacation award to email receipt, calling me by only my last name with no formal address (captain?) in a public email, and misspelling my name.”

Fact - “HR called several times in weeks following my departure apologizing for how I was treated and asking what they could to for me to come back”
Old 03-27-2020, 03:00 PM
New Hire

My post was unprofessional, especially using a spoof username and singling out a former boss online, I’ll agree.

If you want to say I was a terrible pilot, go for it, I can’t prove that one way or the other on here.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Frmrbufdrvr View Post

I have to admit, I took a couple of your statements and misidentified you. The comments I made about your departure, I will admit, were wrong. Sorry. Though I disagree with your generalizations of AMF and always will.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:10 AM
New Hire

Default Potential New guy.

frmrbuffdrvr I put my app into Ameriflight about 2 weeks ago and in wondering about the PHX base. Any thoughts on a good starting base? I have 1200hrs and I’m really looking to perfect my craft as a professional pilot.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by thepointsguy View Post
frmrbuffdrvr I put my app into Ameriflight about 2 weeks ago and in wondering about the PHX base. Any thoughts on a good starting base? I have 1200hrs and I’m really looking to perfect my craft as a professional pilot.
PHX is a good base to start at. Particularly if that is where you want to be long term.

FreightDogs would be a good person to PM for more particulars.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:25 PM
New Hire

frmrbuffdrvr

I apologize for directing so much anger towards you. I misplaced stressors currently affecting me into a years old conflict and made myself look foolish. To anyone reading, I’d still advise being cautious with employment at Ameriflight, but that is based on my experiences which are not universal. frmrbuffdrvr and I have had good discussions at times and I am sure he has been a good manager to many other pilots.

frmrbuffdrvr I will be personally reaching out to you to formally apologize and put everything behind us, and deleting this account. Everyone stay safe and be careful during these times, best of luck.

-An embarrassed pilot
Old 04-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Hey all, hopefully shifting gears away from the current drama on the thread - I'm a Waterski refugee and Ameriflight has been my only bite on the ol' resume. I'm excited to be getting into cargo considering the pandemic-induced hiring environment on the pax side and I'm looking forward to learning a new aircraft and getting some 135 TPIC solo time under my belt. Just a little curious about what I'm getting into - any pointers for training and IOE?

I'll be (sigh) commuting for the first 5-6 months but I'm either going to bid back towards home at that point if vacancies exist, or the family is moving out there. It would be hard to sell a house right now with the whole damned state locked down, and at any rate we haven't been in the house two years yet. I know that's gonna be tough but it's looking like this or unemployment so I guess I'll suck it up for as long as I need to. Any pointers in that regard? Do bases tend to open and close often (ie rent, don't buy if we have to move) or have things been pretty stable at Ameriflight lately?
Old 04-01-2020, 05:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
Hey all, hopefully shifting gears away from the current drama on the thread.....
Welcome!! Just a line pilot here, not a trainer or management Pilot. Have about 2 years at AMF, but closer to 9k hours, about half of it in cargo.
Training is the typical "drinking from a fire hose" and a bit old school. Honestly when you are alone, you must perform...sometimes some people can be shocked that it's not "spoon fed" at times, but hard work and a reasonable attitude it goes a long way.
Ameriflight's version of 135 is a bit closer to 121 than most...we get a full release from dispatch, get flight plans filed, etc...we still must do performance, W/B, limits, etc...so the transition shouldn't be too terrible.
Under 135 we are often much less well supported on the road...yes we have a phone and lots of people to talk too, but must be able to think on out feet, talk to FBO's about gpu's, even plan for hangers if snow is expected in some locations.... We exercise judgement regularly and unlike some jobs can't operate through a simple yes/no flowchart.
It's much more than just moving metal, it's truely paying attention to EVERYTHING going on to get the job done.
For Training, an active pilot should most pay attention to old school stick and rudder hand flying skills on a 6 pack.... equipment varies from plane to plane even with a given model, some lack even a GPS, so be ready to tune VOR's, use dme's and RMI's, with generous amounts of hand flying.
Personalities tend to make cargo pretty rewarding IMHO, the job and lifestyle fits some personalities better than others.....some people enjoy it and have a blast....for some the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence.
​​​​​As for stability, it's as stable as the customers let it be, lol.
some bases have been closed, one moved, and another just opened so it's largely luck of the draw as to the long term prospects at any base. As the largest 135 cargo operator there are certain advantage's compared to many if the one/two base or regional operators...the extra stability is nice, but so is the jumpseat privileges that are somewhat rare under 135, along with the possibility of going from a turboprop to a 767/md-11/a-300 for those who desire it...who knows if those programs survive, but personally know people that have both gone to 767's for GOOD/GREAT companies in the last year.
Know this response isn't direct point on point, but hopefully it will shed some light on things. No place is perfect, but some people tend to work better with others and find a way to get the job done and others always look at things and somehow feel they are getting the shaft.
Many issues that people have have been due to the fact the AMF has been seriously understaffed for a couple years, and some pilots are angry that the smallest plane in the fleet, the be-99 was left out of the most recent bounus plan.... EVERY company had BS, it's just a different flavor and color!!
Good luck, hopefully you get the call and I will run into you on the road!
And you know the old saying?
You truely aren't Pilot till you have been through at least one bankruptcy, shutdown or furlough!! Many of us have been through it too.