Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 10-05-2022, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Any idea why they are bringing the 340 on board?
Expansion. The aircraft and support are very available.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default Be1900, phx

Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Originally Posted by blknightflight View Post
Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.
Three-hour sim sessions. You will be expected to have flows and callouts cold - study materials provided well in advance. If you can stay on top of things without a moving map you will be fine. Not that the 1900 training is without one but you have to be competent.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Three-hour sim sessions. You will be expected to have flows and callouts cold - study materials provided well in advance. If you can stay on top of things without a moving map you will be fine. Not that the 1900 training is without one but you have to be competent.
Forgot to mention NO coupled approaches, NO flight director. The Metro, 1900, and 99 all have S-tec with altitude, which can be deferred, and are normally flown single-pilot.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:59 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by Continuingappch View Post
Forgot to mention NO coupled approaches, NO flight director. The Metro, 1900, and 99 all have S-tec with altitude, which can be deferred, and are normally flown single-pilot.
Thanks for your input. I take that as it is 'fairly intensive' - Sounds good.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Continuingappch
Do y’all still use a 1900D sim with the EFIS 84 and flight director for the type ride? IMO that sim vs a 1900C makes for an easier checkride, considering all the bells,whistles and performance.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

The only sims out there anymore are D. Yes on the EHSI. During training use the autopilot for anything other than approaches, but not the command bars alone at any time.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by blknightflight View Post
I can’t say exactly what the PHX base schedules are like exactly, but it’s about the same throughout the system; early morning show times (5 or 5:30 am), fly your morning route of one or two legs, stay the day (hotel provided) and then fly your one or two legs back in the evening. Some runs are better than others with later morning show times or “out-n-back” runs, but those will tend to be a bit more senior.

I found that the training was very good and comprehensive. They’ll make sure you can handle an engine failure at V1 and be able to fly it back around for a single engine approach in IMC. The company is adamant on following SOP and safety procedures with a supportive chief pilots office who is there on call 24-7 to help you out. I think Ameriflight was a great company to prepare you for a transition to the 121 world.

Oh, and the 1900 was a joy to fly.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Question FO Hiring?

Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by mwk627 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.
Not sure what this year looks like, but I believe they don’t do any new hire classes during peak season (Nov - Feb). If they have the resources, they may open up the application window; otherwise, might wait till Feb.