Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

find a way 05-11-2010 03:06 PM

So, anyone know anything about company movement? I know it hasnt been long since the furloughs, but are we moving in the right direction yet? Help us out Oldog. Thanks

freightdog 05-12-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by find a way (Post 810016)
So, anyone know anything about company movement? I know it hasnt been long since the furloughs, but are we moving in the right direction yet? Help us out Oldog. Thanks

Almost all of our international routes have been upgraded to bigger aircraft (ie Mexico) that's going to help a little bit.

jumpedin 05-13-2010 05:39 AM

Hey freightdog, did you go to SCSU? I seem to remember you from a different forum. I don't think I have enough posts to PM on here yet.

freightdog 05-13-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jumpedin (Post 810863)
Hey freightdog, did you go to SCSU? I seem to remember you from a different forum. I don't think I have enough posts to PM on here yet.

I attended Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and earned my Bachelors from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.

jumpedin 05-13-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 810937)
I attended Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and earned my Bachelors from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.

Nevermind then. There was someone with almost the same avatar and very close to the same name on a SCSU forum (But now I see that he works/worked at Key Lime)

I'll stop the thread hijack now.

By chance does Ameriflight ever put people in the right seat if they were very close to but not quite at 135 mins? I'm thinking not now of course, but when the economy starts running again.

freightdog 05-13-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by jumpedin (Post 811084)
Nevermind then. There was someone with almost the same avatar and very close to the same name on a SCSU forum (But now I see that he works/worked at Key Lime)

I'll stop the thread hijack now.

By chance does Ameriflight ever put people in the right seat if they were very close to but not quite at 135 mins? I'm thinking not now of course, but when the economy starts running again.

If you are close, a lot of times they will give you an SIC checkride and stick you with a training captain or line captain to build up the rest of your time

Oldog 05-20-2010 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by jumpedin (Post 810863)

xx xxxx xxx xxxxxx xxx.

Oldog 05-20-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by find a way (Post 810016)

As indicated in another post, some routes are being upgraded to larger aircraft due to increased cargo volume, and the company is vigorously pursuing new business. So we're moving in the right direction. It's unpleasant for those that got delayed or furloughed, but the pendulum is starting to swing the other way.

Planewatcher 05-28-2010 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 814787)
As indicated in another post, some routes are being upgraded to larger aircraft due to increased cargo volume, and the company is vigorously pursuing new business. So we're moving in the right direction. It's unpleasant for those that got delayed or furloughed, but the pendulum is starting to swing the other way.

Where did you hear that?

Oldog 05-29-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Planewatcher (Post 818278)
Where did you hear that?

My spies are everywhere.