Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

murphfly 07-06-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate (Post 837761)
Why would anyone want to leave AMF for the regionals??? AMF is a place to stay to transistion into Majors, Corporate, AirMed and others but not the regionals...:cool:

I agree. But the two guys that left didn't go to the regionals. One moved back home and the other moved on to a better opportunity. Just bc someone leaves AMF doesn't mean they automatically go to a regional..;)

Fly Boy Knight 07-07-2010 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate (Post 837761)
Why would anyone want to leave AMF for the regionals??? AMF is a place to stay to transistion into Majors, Corporate, AirMed and others but not the regionals...:cool:

Yeah, that is probably the LAST place you should assume AMF alumni pilots would leave AMF for.

Although I don't know about getting into a major directly without any 121 time however, if I have 2,000 Turbine PIC and an ATP with a Metroliner PIC Type rating, I think I will look pretty good to any major airline!

freightdog 07-07-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fly Boy Knight (Post 838341)
Yeah, that is probably the LAST place you should assume AMF alumni pilots would leave AMF for.

Although I don't know about getting into a major directly without any 121 time however, if I have 2,000 Turbine PIC and an ATP with a Metroliner PIC Type rating, I think I will look pretty good to any major airline!

Can't go to a major without 121 time? There have been pilots that get on with the "majors" without 121 time. Time is time, anyone can learn a new set of rules. In an airline interview, the pilot who is interviewing you from across the table wants to know that you're going to be a good fit into the overall workings of the company culture and if he/she can or cannot stand to be around you on a 3-4 day trip.

Continental, JetBlue, Frontier, SWA, United, Allegiant, Delta

Not all majors, but certainly some big players in there where AMF pilots have been hired directly to.

undflyboy06 07-07-2010 02:44 PM

Just hope that a lot more turbine bids come out in the future so people can have the opportunity to go to those places.

NZAV8R 07-07-2010 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 838386)
Just hope that a lot more turbine bids come out in the future so people can have the opportunity to go to those places.

Yep, we need lots of movement, then maybe CFI's like me that have been patiently waiting in the wings can get onboard as well. :)

freightdog 07-15-2010 12:10 PM

Recalling Furloughs

Good news coming out of BUR, sounds like that the Flt Dept has started recalling those on furlough. I think these are ones that were destined for OAK and PDX. Good luck to everyone!!!

Also, we'll be running an August 8th class of 8 PA31 candidates. Best of luck to those going through indoc.

Hopefully this is a good sign of things turning around.

Scooter2525 07-15-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 841584)
Good news coming out of BUR, sounds like that the Flt Dept has started recalling those on furlough. I think these are ones that were destined for OAK and PDX. Good luck to everyone!!!

Also, we'll be running an August 8th class of 8 PA31 candidates. Best of luck to those going through indoc.

Hopefully this is a good sign of things turning around.

That is really good news. Expected growth? Attrition?

freightdog 07-15-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 (Post 841611)
That is really good news. Expected growth? Attrition?

Could very well possibly be both.

undflyboy06 07-16-2010 10:18 AM

Some good news for everyone. In addition to the BE99 bid that closed last friday, 4 additional bids came out yesterday;1 in LAX and 3 in SDF, all turbine. SDF could possibly turn into a descent size base in the future. It looks like that there might very well be some growth at AMF again. There's a rumor for additional flying in the Northeast for early fall.

I can also vouch for Freightdog about the furloughs. All have been recalled and there will be a class of 8 soon. Hang in there everyone.

f16jetmech 07-17-2010 07:43 AM

Out of curiosity. I know that 135 is mostly weekends major holidays off. What does the schedule consist of during the week? In other words, how many nights a week are you in a hotel?