Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

cflight 08-12-2010 06:24 PM

so i got the call again from amflight. i was called before the downturn and then cancelled. but to make a long story short its on again. i was told oakland is pretty open cause the cost of living is high there and pilots dont care to much for that. so i guess my question is alot of people say you go out early morn and come back late afternoon. whats this mean out a 5am and in at 9pm or a little less of a day. does anybody know how oakland is. fun or what. i live in san diego. and one last question it seems you make like 28000 to start, but is there a 10% increase a yr if you go turbine. so if anybody has answer would like to hear them. for people thats wondering 1650 tt 350 mutli w 135 time
thanks

f16jetmech 08-12-2010 07:06 PM

good info, thanks for the update. good luck to you

NZAV8R 08-12-2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by cflight (Post 855023)
so i got the call again from amflight. i was called before the downturn and then cancelled. but to make a long story short its on again. i was told oakland is pretty open cause the cost of living is high there and pilots dont care to much for that. so i guess my question is alot of people say you go out early morn and come back late afternoon. whats this mean out a 5am and in at 9pm or a little less of a day. does anybody know how oakland is. fun or what. i live in san diego. and one last question it seems you make like 28000 to start, but is there a 10% increase a yr if you go turbine. so if anybody has answer would like to hear them. for people thats wondering 1650 tt 350 mutli w 135 time
thanks

cflight, if you've haven't already searched, there are some posts back around 1/28/10, around page 75, that discuss the schedule, etc.

For a short while I used to live in the SF Bay area and I can say that some parts of Oakland are not that safe. Living in Alameda, (fun, hip urban neighborhood), Hayward or Fremont (reasonably close to airport) or Livermore (more reasonable rent prices, but a 35-45 min commute and not as much to do) might be better options for you to consider.

own nav 08-13-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by cflight (Post 855023)
thanks

10 percent annual turbine retention bonus for type rated planes, 7 percent bonus for the BE99 (year one with the company excluded). Click on "airline profiles" in the top right corner for details.

flyandive 08-14-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by NZAV8R (Post 855111)
cflight, if you've haven't already searched, there are some posts back around 1/28/10, around page 75, that discuss the schedule, etc.

For a short while I used to live in the SF Bay area and I can say that some parts of Oakland are not that safe. Living in Alameda, (fun, hip urban neighborhood), Hayward or Fremont (reasonably close to airport) or Livermore (more reasonable rent prices, but a 35-45 min commute and not as much to do) might be better options for you to consider.

LOL, that's an understatement!

As someone Bay Area born and raised I would agree with the rest. As far as living goes avoid most of Oakland if you are not from there. Some blocks are totally fine, others you just don't go anywhere near. Unless you have spent a lot of time there you won't know how to tell the difference. Personally, I think most of Oakland does not deserve the reputation it has, but for some areas, it's far worse than you could imagine.

If you want a decent place close to the airport, Alameda is probably your best bet. Otherwise, most of Hayward is alright, I'm partial to Emeryville or Berkeley (having been born there), but a lot don't like it there. You'll either love it or hate it there it seems.

Oldog 08-14-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by find a way (Post 842396)
That is pretty accurate. I believe that the only time you stay in hotels overnight is when/if you can't leave due to weather or mx reasons. The days are long, but the good thing is that you are home every night and off weekends.

Just out of curiosity, for all the people that weren't all the way through training when the furlough happened, are they putting you back at your original base assignment? Im curious to see where they are expecting more openings at, PDX or OAK.

Re the furlough-ees, they've all been called back. I think all or most of them came back, and are either in training or on the line except (again, I think) for one guy who's out of the country. They ran a new-hire ground school class this week.

JSanders 08-17-2010 04:48 PM

Are there any first year AMF pilots here that would mind sharing what they bring home after taxes and what not?

Luv2Rotate 08-17-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 857217)
Are there any first year AMF pilots here that would mind sharing what they bring home after taxes and what not?

monthly or annually? you know there's a payscale on this forum. roughly you're looking at high 20's

JSanders 08-18-2010 12:53 AM

Yes I can't seem to find that particular forum and I looked through this one I think almost every page. but I am looking for a close to exact number either monthly or bi- weekly as I am considering a job there

Fly Boy Knight 08-18-2010 05:02 AM

Gross First Year Pay:
-(40 units per week guaranteed @ $13.40 per unit) = $27,872 ($28,000 advertised)
-$27,872 / 26 weeks (biweekly paychecks = $1,072 Gross per paycheck

Take Home:
-Basic Health Ins package (~$50 per paycheck)
-Single Male with ALL legal deductions on W-4 form (no tax refund or taxes due in April)

*Biweekly Paycheck = $865.74 every payday like clockwork*

Extra units (flying more than your normal run) = 1.5 * block time OR 1* Clock time (which ever gives you more pay)