Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Key Lime Air

Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

"Proceed with caution" is the common theme about Key Lime.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

I heard they just got thier 121 cert...

<just what I heard>
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by chongololo View Post
$35k for the metro job? The pay went down then because it used to be around $40k'ish around 3 years ago.
Typical for that company though.
Don't do it.
I wonder if the PFT FOs were used to help supplement the PIC's salary and the company had to cut pay since PFT FOs are in short supply?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Just waitin for it to end...

Stupid question but how does it work there, do they even need FO for all aircrafts? For example I have seen Bemidji Aviation fly PA-31 single pilot
Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by fwillette View Post
Stupid question but how does it work there, do they even need FO for all aircrafts? For example I have seen Bemidji Aviation fly PA-31 single pilot
They're 135 freight, so no they don't require it. They were doing some pax charter awhile back, and maybe they still are. For that you need an exemption from the FSDO (requires an autopilot, headset with boom mike, etc.) to operate single pilot. Pretty much 99.9% of 135 pax operators have this exemption, so I'm sure they do if it applies to them. I used to fly a PA-31-350 single pilot for a 135 pax charter operation, it was not a big deal as far as the checkride and FAA signoff for the exemption.

Even with the single pilot exemption, many 135 pax operators choose to operate with a 2 pilot crew for a variety of reasons (pax comfort, insurance, safety, etc.). Some real cheap scumbag operators charge the right seater money to sit there, and actually use it as a money maker for the company. That seems to be more common with the freight operators than the pax charter guys.

If it's pax charter, the right seater can log SIC time ONLY if they've had a 135 checkride and oral from a designated check airman (FAA, chief pilot, etc.). It gets a little trickier for 135 freight, but I know Airnet had a legitimate, FAA approved way for right seaters to log SIC time.

As far as working for Key Lime, doing a thorough search on them would be smart.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr View Post
I wonder if the PFT FOs were used to help supplement the PIC's salary and the company had to cut pay since PFT FOs are in short supply?
Maybe so, but in this current job market I would guess that there are SIC's lining up at the door to pay and play.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009

I just got a call for an interview for Metro PIC position. I see they are in CAST, but is it feasible to commute at all? Do they force you to fly the 5th day? Is there anyone on here that currently works for them, if so what is your opinion the place? Heard a lot of second hand info but nothing from someone that is there now.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thats because they jump ship as soon as able... Commuting in CASS is easy if you have 3-4days off. I'm not sure about Key Lime but at Ameriflight it was difficult because you flew 5 days a week which left you with 2 days to JS.
Let us know how you like it.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Cessna 152 Captain

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Thats because they jump ship as soon as able... Commuting in CASS is easy if you have 3-4days off. I'm not sure about Key Lime but at Ameriflight it was difficult because you flew 5 days a week which left you with 2 days to JS.
Let us know how you like it.
Is Ameriflight in CASS or do they just have a jump seat agreement with South West ONLY...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

When I was there we were in CASS. But being in CASS does not promise you a seat. Many airlines also require a reciprocal agreement in addition to CASS. We had Southwest. Not sure if they added anyone else lately.