Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Who's doing the hiring there? Is still the same A-Holes?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
any guess on the chances of them considering someone with previous 121 PIC time, for the left seat?
Honestly, you'd be lucky to be hired into the right seat forget about the left seat. Hiring is slow everywhere which in turns leaves pilots stuck where they are now (Scenic Airlines) being one of those places which has no movement. Outlook is said to have no movement until mid June and thats a big "IF"
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: DHC-6 right seat

Definitely not hiring. Most pilots are on mandatory unpaid leave 1 week out of the month. Would be nice to have things pick up. Maybe in The summer???
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
Honestly, you'd be lucky to be hired into the right seat forget about the left seat. Hiring is slow everywhere which in turns leaves pilots stuck where they are now (Scenic Airlines) being one of those places which has no movement. Outlook is said to have no movement until mid June and thats a big "IF"

I can certainly understand that the FO seat would be more likely, and also probably lucky to get in this climate. I was just wondering if hiring into the left seat is very common for you guys. I'm sure like everywhere, industry conditions probably dictate that situation the most. Thanks for the info
Old 02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
I can certainly understand that the FO seat would be more likely, and also probably lucky to get in this climate. I was just wondering if hiring into the left seat is very common for you guys. I'm sure like everywhere, industry conditions probably dictate that situation the most. Thanks for the info
Last year there were a lot of street captains. Most of them were former pilots who went onto other things and thengot fuirloughed or came back for other reasons. Like you said if they need captains they hire them.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008

What kind of job does a captain from Scenic get? Where do you go from there?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by DiputadoVolador View Post
Last year there were a lot of street captains. Most of them were former pilots who went onto other things and thengot fuirloughed or came back for other reasons. Like you said if they need captains they hire them.

DV, thanks for the input, it would be great to get a call, once you guys that are there have been taken care of.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: emb 145

Who is your chief pilot at scenic/gca and director of ops?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I just saw on their web page they are hiring is that right? does somebody knows something about it?
thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by papacharlie View Post
I just saw on their web page they are hiring is that right? does somebody knows something about it?
thanks

Wrong! Not hiring. No upgrades. We have many part time captains who will not even be brought back until our flying picks up enough that our current staffing can't handle it. Scenic GCA will be hiring when other airlines start and our guys move on to something else. For right now just about everyone is staying put.