Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
Maybe they should learn how to post a job properly on their site. they have no link to "scenicops.com" which is, as far as I can tell, the only way to apply. I remember their application being rediculously long and tedious to fill out. After all that I got no response. This was many years ago but that scenicops page looks exactly the same. According to that site they have been "hiring" for over 6 years.
maybe they are not in that much of a need to post a direct link. and wouldnt most apps be fairly tedious to fill out.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Here's a big question: do they provide a flight out for the interview? Do they have a discount/non-rev agreement with any airlines?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by MikeB525 View Post
Here's a big question: do they provide a flight out for the interview? Do they have a discount/non-rev agreement with any airlines?
I'm assuming you got an interview then? Just curious what your hours are? I sent in my info but didn't get a response.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by lowtimepilot View Post
I'm assuming you got an interview then? Just curious what your hours are? I sent in my info but didn't get a response.
Oh no, haven't heard anything. I'm just asking for IF they call. But while I have you here my times are about 480/11.

So does anyone have an answer to my question?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

well I live in Las Vegas so it was just a drive to the airport for me. Yes they do have non rev agreements.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Well sir, I live in Jersey. So do they set out-of-towners up with any type of travel accomodation?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

To be honest I am not sure. I know during ground school and even new hires moving their, they do a pretty good job of helping to find housing or some grouup rates at local hotels.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Well sir, I live in Jersey. So do they set out-of-towners up with any type of travel accomodation?

You could call and ask - no need to identify yourself if you want to stay anonymous. I'd be really, really surprised if they do: in the 135 world the norm is for pilot applicants to pay their own way.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I have only interviewed with smaller commuters, but have never heard of any airline paying for travel just to interview.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Beach Chair

Originally Posted by cjgreen91 View Post
I have only interviewed with smaller commuters, but have never heard of any airline paying for travel just to interview.
Every airline I've ever heard of (121) flies people to the interview on their planes free of charge. Scenic would probably only fly you to Vegas from another city that they served.