Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 06-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by cairful View Post
DO NOT come here to time build. It's wrong to build time here as FO, then leave at 1500. It's a shame that people are so eager to go to a regional to fly something "big" and still not make enough money to pay bills and live comfortably. Someone who comes to Cape and fulfills the 1 year after ATP requirement will have a lot of great experience and stick skills. The 402 is a lot of fun, and you will definitely not be broke on captain pay.
Not to mention the time that you consume during training could be used for training someone that actually wants to stick around.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:44 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by ASaintBernard View Post
Not to mention the time that you consume during training could be used for training someone that actually wants to stick around.
Definitely. Plus the time and energy of the training staff, who are quite thorough.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Sorry if this has been covered already, I did read through the past 15 pages. Are the atrs only based in Guam?
Old 06-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by cairful View Post
DO NOT come here to time build. It's wrong to build time here as FO, then leave at 1500. It's a shame that people are so eager to go to a regional to fly something "big" and still not make enough money to pay bills and live comfortably. Someone who comes to Cape and fulfills the 1 year after ATP requirement will have a lot of great experience and stick skills. The 402 is a lot of fun, and you will definitely not be broke on captain pay. Come here and learn PIC stuff, enjoy CASS, and the pay.

Also, Cape Air is stable. What's the status of any other regional airline over the next 10 years? What if in 5 years when I'm at a regional, it tanks, or there is some global event that hurts the industry again and I'm furloughed? If I honored my commitment at Cape, I'll be hired again. And sure, I can't read the future and promise Cape will be totally healthy, but there's little evidence of any trouble. And I'd hate to burn this bridge.
Thanks Grandpa. How about you manage your own career and let others manage theirs.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Thanks Grandpa. How about you manage your own career and let others manage theirs.
Sounded like good advice to me. I guess I'm getting old. I'm betting they will make a real training agreement if they continue to have people jump ship as soon as they reach 1500.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:12 PM
On Reserve

You're welcome, but I don't have grand kids yet.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Flatspot89 View Post
Sorry if this has been covered already, I did read through the past 15 pages. Are the atrs only based in Guam?
Yes. Only Guam. I've always thought it's such a weird endeavor for cape to operate.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

I hope that's not your real name. Aviation is a small world. The people you disrespect like that today, could be across the table interviewing you for that airline job tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Kritchlow View Post
I hope that's not your real name. Aviation is a small world. The people you disrespect like that today, could be across the table interviewing you for that airline job tomorrow.
Give me a break. Cape Air may be a great career for some and a stepping stone for others. His "I know best because I am a Cape Air lifer" attitude is condescending. How about you let people make their own career decisions?

If you think anyone uses their real name on this board you have your own issues - and it sounds like you don't watch Seinfeld.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM
On Reserve

Give me a break. Cape Air may be a great career for some and a stepping stone for others. His "I know best because I am a Cape Air lifer" attitude is condescending. How about you let people make their own career decisions?

If you think anyone uses their real name on this board you have your own issues - and it sounds like you don't watch Seinfeld.
I never said people should stay here for life. It's a stepping stone for a lot of people, including me. I simply think people should not waste other people's time by saying they're going to stay here for a year and then run away at 1500. I'm not sure why you are so upset with what I said but I apologize for hurting your feelings on the Internet. If it's not good advice to you, then don't follow it.

Moving on.